The Alien King/Male Counterpart to the Xenomorph; Suggestions and Ideas

Started by Kenner_Alien_Kaste, Jul 17, 2019, 03:27:23 AM

Author
The Alien King/Male Counterpart to the Xenomorph; Suggestions and Ideas (Read 47,754 times)

Kenner_Alien_Kaste

Kenner_Alien_Kaste

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Jan 17, 2020, 06:32:32 PM
The Covenant Alien can't discern between living and nonliving things, apart from that, it appears to be as intelligent as the others and it's the only addition that matters in the past 28 years.

True, I guess one can't be too picky-Maybe it's a lack of stealth or finesse on its part that has left us feeling its performance is, how we say, lackluster. Well that and the rest of the movie isn't really that great-it's got its moments but it still suffers from the character's foolish mistakes, terrible origin story, and other narmy scenes. To that end, maybe we had simply put too much pressure on the Praetomorph to be something mindblowing, and were disappointed by overhyping it(?)

Also, apparently they evolve into these things called 'Stalkers'-Which are bigger and stronger on average than most Xenomorphs (coming in at 9 FEET TALL) but generally considered less intelligent than the mainline breed. [https://avp.fandom.com/wiki/Stalker_(Xenomorph)] Honestly, I'm kinda excited and intrigued.

The Old One

The Old One

You've totally misinterpretated, it already is nine feet tall in the film. It's just instead of using the words "Covenant Alien" or the more scientific term "Praetomorph" the term "Stalker" is another name for easy reference. And I think the film is by far the best one to come out of the franchise in the past 28 years, concerning the Alien itself, I much preferred it in every way over any other version of the creature since the first three Alien films, apart from perhaps Isolation.

Kenner_Alien_Kaste

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Jan 18, 2020, 08:45:04 AM
You've totally misinterpretated, it already is nine feet tall in the film. It's just instead of using the words "Covenant Alien" or the more scientific term "Praetomorph" the term "Stalker" is another name for easy reference. And I think the film is by far the best one to come out of the franchise in the past 28 years, concerning the Alien itself, I much preferred it in every way over any other version of the creature since the first three Alien films, apart from perhaps Isolation.

Really? The wiki and the film seems to show it as only being about 7 feet; More like a 'Drone' than full on 'Warrior/Hunter/Soldier'. And I just got this from a citation regarding Alien: The RPG. So I'unno-but I think it's interesting to have a strain or species that's different from the mainline breed. Or that goes about business in a different way; it's a breath of fresh air, and I'll admit the Praetomorph's been growing on me a lot lately.

The Old One

The Old One

Yeah, agreed, I quite like it.

Kenner_Alien_Kaste

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Jan 18, 2020, 07:46:33 PM
Yeah, agreed, I quite like it.

Makes me wonder if David ever MADE a Praetormorph/Planet 4 strain Queen, and how it would function. One of them lays the eggs, while the other goes out and gathers the hosts and drags them back, and the two work in tandem to ensure their brood grow up.

The Old One

The Old One

I think no such thing exists, as no such thing as a Soldier (Drone/Warrior), Scout (Runner/Sentry) or PredAlien Queen exists as the Royal bloodline is pure.

Kenner_Alien_Kaste

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Jan 18, 2020, 09:28:04 PM
I think no such thing exists, as no such thing as a Soldier (Drone/Warrior), Scout (Runner/Sentry) or PredAlien Queen exists as the Royal bloodline is pure.

The RPG said this as well, but David DID express interest in making a true Queen, unlike the one he made out of Shaw. The Planet 4 strain currently lacks this but...will it forever?

The Old One

The Old One

Possibly, but that part of Advent may become irrelevant, depending upon the future entries.

Kenner_Alien_Kaste

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Jan 19, 2020, 11:00:22 AM
Possibly, but that part of Advent may become irrelevant, depending upon the future entries.

We'll just have to wait and see I suppose.

The Old One

The Old One

Absolutely, such is the life of investing interest in the Alien franchise.

Kenner_Alien_Kaste

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Jan 19, 2020, 04:12:02 PM
Absolutely, such is the life of investing interest in the Alien franchise.

In a lot of franchises, honestly.

Speaking of the RPG (and like I've said before) I did like how they included planets and outposts from abandoned scripts, giving them new life with it-One of which is Charon's Base (where Kleist made The Rogue) and one is Arceon, which was the wooden planet from Vincent Ward's script, and home to THAT incarnation of the King Alien with its Chameleonesque/Mollusk like design.

Just something interesting I thought of.

Local Trouble

Does the RPG actually state that Arceon is a wooden planet or does it just use the name?

Kenner_Alien_Kaste

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 19, 2020, 11:46:50 PM
Does the RPG actually state that Arceon is a wooden planet or does it just use the name?

I'm not sure, but it's a VERY direct reference to Vincent's script, so I think it's not unlikely. A lot of other locations are named from the various other movie scripts, comics, games, etc...I mean, heck, William Gibson's script has a reference (Anchorpoint Station) and that remained fairly unchanged, so I think Arceon's still a thing. Which imo is awesome, because Arceon is awesome for the planet being a literal Noah's Ark in space (gardens, fields of grain, they even have a little ocean!)

The Old One

The Old One

Dubbed "the wooden planet" by space truckers, Arceon is a strange station.
Spoiler
Originally an old Class V habitation sphere, the mile-wide Arceon was repurposed as a monastery for a reclusive technophobic monastic order. A metallic areas within and without covered with wood, and all structures within the sphere- an abbey, libraries, communal baths, reservoirs, and even a massive glassworks. Inside, exist open spaces with ceilings as high as 100 meters tall, and the structure itself is layered like an ant's nest. Arceon sports grass fields with crops and livestock being maintained. It is large enough and rotates fast enough to maintain it's own thin atmosphere which is continually replenished by technology located at the core of the world. The upper hemisphere is dominated by a massive lake, full of marine life.

Arceon was founded by a monastic "back to nature" movement in the early 2100s. While initially dismissed as nothing more than a hypocritical cult, the order proved dangerous when it used the enhanced computer virus called New Plague to wipe out an inordinate amount of data on Earth, crippling credit unions and trans-stellar corporations alike. The group even detonated bombs in key metropolitan sectors, utilizing the electromagnetic pulse people to get by without technology. As more and more followers flocked to the order, action was taken. Rounded up and arrested by a joint 3WE and UA task force, the order's final sentencing was suspended when Weyland Corporation bought off the judges.

The monks ultimately got released into the conscripted custody of Weyland-Yutani, who relocated them to Arceon in exchange for the employment of their leader, Saint Tomas- the computer genius behind the New Plague. On Arceon the group is led by an Abbot. Also, an older model android called Brother Anthony resides with them to keep them from rising again. Weyland-Yutani ships stopped running supplies to Arceon after Tomas died decades ago, and the monks have very few actual visitors. Their crops and livestock sustain them as they live the simple life.
[close]

Kenner_Alien_Kaste

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Jan 20, 2020, 12:31:11 PM
Dubbed "the wooden planet" by space truckers, Arceon is a strange station. Originally an old Class V habitation sphere, the mile-wide Arceon was repurposed as a monastery for a reclusive technophobic monastic order. A metallic areas within and without covered with wood, and all structures within the sphere- an abbey, libraries, communal baths, reservoirs, and even a massive glassworks. Inside, exist open spaces with ceilings as high as 100 meters tall, and the structure itself is layered like an ant's nest. Arceon sports grass fields with crops and livestock being maintained. It is large enough and rotates fast enough to maintain it's own thin atmosphere which is continually replenished by technology located at the core of the world. The upper hemisphere is dominated by a massive lake, full of marine life.

Arceon was founded by a monastic "back to nature" movement in the early 2100s. While initially dismissed as nothing more than a hypocritical cult, the order proved dangerous when it used the enhanced computer virus called New Plague to wipe out an inordinate amount of data on Earth, crippling credit unions and trans-stellar corporations alike. The group even detonated bombs in key metropolitan sectors, utilizing the electromagnetic pulse people to get by without technology. As more and more followers flocked to the order, action was taken. Rounded up and arrested by a joint 3WE and UA task force, the order's final sentencing was suspended when Weyland Corporation bought off the judges.

The monks ultimately got released into the conscripted custody of Weyland-Yutani, who relocated them to Arceon in exchange for the employment of their leader, Saint Tomas- the computer genius behind the New Plague. On Arceon the group is led by an Abbot. Also, an older model android called Brother Anthony resides with them to keep them from rising again. Weyland-Yutani ships stopped running supplies to Arceon after Tomas died decades ago, and the monks have very few actual visitors. Their crops and livestock sustain them as they live the simple life.

Well it is an EXACT copy of Vincent Ward's draft; AWESOME! And it was that draft that introduced the 'King Ant' Alien (more like an Alate or Drone but it was what it was called) so I found it interesting! Plus a lot of Ward's draft made it into the final movie, so who knows...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed