Exclusive: More Jockey Images from Prometheus

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 09, 2011, 07:01:56 PM

Author
Exclusive: More Jockey Images from Prometheus (Read 84,520 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Xenoscream on Dec 10, 2011, 08:26:32 PM
I still say the fact that the jockey is not actually growing out of the chair is blasphemy.
I don't know, man. They can work on that in countless ways. They could for example say that the Jockey literally 'fuses' with its biomechanical technology. That'd actually be a cool idea.

Never say no to Panda!

Could even be, that there are several crewman running around, only the pilot merges up with the chair...even different sized versions could be thinkable.

Some Mothers Do Have Em!

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Dec 10, 2011, 10:35:50 PM
I still say the fact that the jockey is not actually growing out of the chair is blasphemy.
I don't know, man. They can work on that in countless ways. They could for example say that the Jockey literally 'fuses' with its biomechanical technology. That'd actually be a cool idea.

Another one for the "Power Extreme" theory then ;)

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=41174.0

josh_axey

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Dec 10, 2011, 02:36:51 PM
You're not digging it?

Not digging what that it's a photo of what looks like a Jockey chair, a bit worse for the wear, probably post-shoot and set aside?

I'm not saying it's the most awesome of awesome, but this is the stuff of fan boy dreams, a Jockey chair, reconstructed to play out in some way in Prometheus. How could the idea of this chair not slay us all in geekdom orgasmic jizzy bliss? lol

Not digging the way it looks. Crafted or not, the original Giger chair looked so puzzling and organic.
This one... doesn't look to be.

But like I said... we haven't seen the whole picture yet... "Don't judge a book by it's cover".

So, like Mr. Clemens and others, I'm giving the images the benefit of the doubt...

Ash 937

Idk, the more pictures I see, the more I get convinced that this isn't gonna be the Alien prequel that I hoped for.   It looks like a movie that is all about space jockeys and exploration rather than dark corridors and menacing xenomorphs.  We've already been inside the derelict space ship and it was slow and boring.  I have a feeling this film is going to be a lot slower, maybe even as slow as 2001: A Space Odyssey, and that it will be heavy on dialogue instead of action.  This might be cool if Quentin Tarantino has written the movie but I think we're just gonna get a lot of regular science talk instead.  Oh yeah, the jockeys are intelligent too so they will also probably talk so we will probably have to read subtitles for this movie too.  Who wants any of that?

They should have just made Aliens: Colonial Marines into a full-fledged Alien film instead of this.  Besides, Battlestar Gallactica was always better than Lost anyway.

JaaayDee

I don't like enjoying things.

josh_axey

Quote from: JaaayDee on Dec 11, 2011, 12:49:37 AM
I don't like enjoying things.

:P

I'm just concerned that I won't get my Giger hit.

I'm still pumped as all hell. 8)

Valaquen

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Dec 10, 2011, 10:35:50 PM
The creature we finally ended up building is biomechanical to the extent that he has physically grown into, or maybe even out of, his seat – he's integrated totally into the function he performs.'
HR Giger, Cinefex, 1979.

Sounds about right, OZ.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: KirklandSignature on Dec 09, 2011, 08:37:38 PM
Has there been any solid proof that this is in fact an ALIEN movie? Last time I checked, I thought Ridley was beating around the bush by not confirming this, saying only "strands of DNA" from Alien would be in it.

We've also seen the derelict ship in the leaked advert. It's standing vertically upright.

For some reason, a few of the production team are taking the view that it doesn't qualify as a 'true' prequel if it doesn't segue immediately into the events of the first film, which is slightly strange.

Same, but if you look at the props shown, it's clear that it's a different design. Where the body of the creature was, previously, is now encased in a metal cocoon, with no room for the arms. Only a head.

It could be an evolution of the technology. Or possibly even devolution... Perhaps this is their technology before/after they decide to grow creatures right out of them.

What's for definite is that the original film shows organic bone/fossil in places this is composed of metal. Unless post-production is just using it as a 'ribbed for her pleasure'-style guide to texture skin over... That would work.

Jeru

Hi all, first time poster long time lurker.

I feel that all this here-say and behind the scenes quotes doesn't prove anything about the space jockey. We only know what we visually saw and what the crew of the Nostromo speculated as they explored which obviously didn't last too long....Thanks Kane.

If this movie does indeed have Space Jockey's in it (and I almost guarantee it will), there could be thousands of explanations for what we saw in the first Alien.

I definitely am not taking any quotes from a 'making of' DVD as canon. If it didn't make the film it wasn't canon in my opinion.

ThisBethesdaSea

@Ash you want a movie featuring Xenos hiding in dark corridors? Really? You want a film that explores the same territory as the first 4? seriously?

No thanks. The Xenos aren't scary, the formula is tired and worn out. Prometheus appears to be a film that explores the grand questions science fiction asks so well, and I want to see Ridley Scott try and answer some. If you're just out for a standard monster movie, then maybe Prometheus won't be the film for you?

genocyber

Quote from: Ash 937 on Dec 11, 2011, 12:47:51 AM
This might be cool if Quentin Tarantino has written the movie but I think we're just gonna get a lot of regular science talk instead.
You are CANCER!

psychonaut25

Quote from: genocyber on Dec 11, 2011, 10:29:45 AM
Quote from: Ash 937 on Dec 11, 2011, 12:47:51 AM
This might be cool if Quentin Tarantino has written the movie but I think we're just gonna get a lot of regular science talk instead.
You are CANCER!

Tarantino and Aliens?? No way that can work...I personally do not want another Predators type movie. (Rodrigueaz is like a clone of Tarantino)...If Tarantino is involved in aliens then we can prepare for a nice mexican setting with lot of two handed shooting and lot of tequilla.

nendo

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Dec 11, 2011, 03:36:35 AM
For some reason, a few of the production team are taking the view that it doesn't qualify as a 'true' prequel if it doesn't segue immediately into the events of the first film, which is slightly strange.

I don't think its strange at all. Think about it from Foxs and Ridleys point of view. If they attach it as a prequel to alien there wouldn't be any other place to lead it other than towards the first alien film. I'm thinking both Ridley and Fox would like to have this branch out of the "alien" universe and make a brand new story arc arc wihtout people expecting it to lead directly into the story of alien. It would somewhat limit them into how experimental they could be.

Also the "alien" franchise has become so tired and old and I think both know that. So why associate it with something that's people are just gonna think "oh that franchise again" which people will think, there's more than us lot on these boards to think about. We are a minority.

I don't think its strange at all. I think it was the best thing they could possibly do

Spider-pope

Quote from: nendo on Dec 11, 2011, 11:30:03 AM
Quote from: Xenomorphine on Dec 11, 2011, 03:36:35 AM

I don't think its strange at all. Think about it from Foxs and Ridleys point of view. If they attach it as a prequel to alien there wouldn't be any other place to lead it other than towards the first alien film. I'm thinking both Ridley and Fox would like to have this branch out of the "alien" universe and make a brand new story arc arc wihtout people expecting it to lead directly into the story of alien. It would somewhat limit them into how experimental they could be.

Thats my take on it as well. These days no studio makes a film without considering how to make it a franchise if it does well. If 'Prometheus' succeeds we can probably expect a sequel and they are going to want wriggle room for the story before it leads into 'Alien'.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed