What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 593,713 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Ha. I have Scar Predator, Han Solo, Mal Reynolds, Deadpool and a Jaffa on a shelf but they don't do a very good job.  :-\

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Misread that as Jafar (as in the villain from Aladdin) and thought it was a slightly odd mix :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

:laugh: Can't I love Disney too?  :o

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Just got stung for £50 customs fee on my FrightRags Alien Day shirt and a booster box of Alien Anthology trading cards.  :-\

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

DAMMIT. I've got Conjunctivitis >:(

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on May 07, 2016, 10:42:14 AM
DAMMIT. I've got Conjunctivitis >:(

Oh shit you ran into Mothman!  :o

Topazora

Topazora

coming back from a 5 mile run and my roommate's already in the shower and still in the shower after ten minutes!  I don't care what part of the country you're from, a shower shouldn't take more than 10 minutes.  Especially when you share the shower.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 07, 2016, 10:40:40 AMJust got stung for £50 customs fee on my FrightRags Alien Day shirt and a booster box of Alien Anthology trading cards.  :-\

That sucks, guessing it was down to the cards because my T-shirt arrived no problems.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

They were separate orders and charges.  :-\ I keep getting stung on imports lately.

How was the holiday btw?

Topazora

Topazora

that it's Mother's Day, and I'm right across the country from my mother  :'( and it's making me look back at when I still lived with my mom and how I really wanted to move out and be an adult.  Now, I'm in the Navy, living across the country and then going to be stationed on the other side of the world.  Kinda makes me sad how I didn't appreciate what I had.  I was so close to my family, now I'm pretty much far away.  I really miss my family.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

^ Just think about how proud she is of you and loves you very much. Life away from the family seems great at first, but it does settle in and you miss them. The day I found out my only uncle (and godfather) passed away while I was on the road working really made me rethink a lot about life. I ended up quitting my job (three weeks later) and less than a month (overall) later my father passed away. Anyways, be sure to tell mom "Happy Mothers' Day and love you lots".

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 07, 2016, 10:40:40 AM
Just got stung for £50 customs fee on my FrightRags Alien Day shirt and a booster box of Alien Anthology trading cards.  :-\
Did the shipper forget the customs forms/fees or is this an additional fee? Either way that is total BS.

As for me, I am quite unhappy that I miss a precious day's pay of work due to MFN JURY SELECTION tomorrow. I can not afford to miss any work damn it!  Plus, if I do get picked... >:(  >:( >:( >:( >:(
Oh wait, I do get paid a whopping 9$ per day of jury if chosen.  ::) :'(

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on May 09, 2016, 02:21:57 AM
As for me, I am quite unhappy that I miss a precious day's pay of work due to MFN JURY SELECTION tomorrow. I can not afford to miss any work damn it!  Plus, if I do get picked... >:(  >:( >:( >:( >:(
Oh wait, I do get paid a whopping 9$ per day of jury if chosen.  ::) :'(

I would absolutely love to get picked for jury.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Yeah, I'd be quite interested in doing jury duty. It's be an experience at least.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 08, 2016, 10:17:39 AMHow was the holiday btw?

Great thanks! Unfortunately the weather was unusually naff for most of the week but we made do and as usual Portugal was awesome. Still managed to get a bit of a tan on the few days we had sun! Plus one of the perks of going to a water park when it's overcast and even a bit drizzly means there's literally no one there and we didn't have to queue for a single flume all day. So was a nice break. On with the job hunting now.

On the topic of the thread, on the way back home yesterday I got cut up (read: all but crashed into) by some prick driving like an arsehole, undertaking everyone and veering dangerously between lanes on the motorway, who then decided the appropriate response to my blaring my horn at him was to shadow me alongside so his dickhead mate could threaten to kill me out the side window then start throwing cans and bottles at my car as we spend along at 70 miles an hour. If one of them had come through my window (which was open, because it was bloody hot) and hit me in the face (which I've little doubt was his objective) it could've caused a serious f*cking accident. What a bunch of absolute c*nts.

Needless to say I got the guy's plates and will be calling the old Bill, but I doubt they'll really do anything.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Wow. That is just f**king ridiculous. It's drivers like that that make me wish it was legal to just take them out for the safety of all other road users.  :-\ There's too many f**king idiots around now-a-days.

Glad you had a good holiday though!

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

^ There are times and instances where I think everyone should retake the driving test when they renew their driving license, regardless of age. Remember: Driving is a privilege, not a right!

Well, twas an interesting experience at the courthouse today going thru the jury selection process. I got excused from the first case (which took almost 2.5 hours to go thru), went to lunch for an hour, then got reselected for another case. 2.5 hours later (AGAIN), the announcements were made: I got selected. Not only selected, oh no, I got 1st chair in the jury. In a way I am excited/honored and in another way I am super pissed off (lost more hours at work). So I will be in the hole yet again on payday next Friday. Come on lottery tickets! :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed