What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 593,720 times)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Listed a large, rare-ish item at a lowball price to move it fast on several trading pages, and have so far been inundated with messages from people who want to buy it in a few weeks time and asking if I'll hold it for them.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

First come first serve bitches.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

It's already a hundred dollars off anyway, the cheek of these c**ts  :laugh:

SiL

SiL

Gotta wait for that tax money to land.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Dunno why they're browsing pages for totally unnecessary, luxury toys if they're skint tbh

SiL

SiL

They're skint because they're the kind of people who spend their tax money on luxury toys, clearly.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

What's with the tax money thing? Is there some kind of Bonus Situation I've forgotten about from being unemployed for so long?

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I myself enjoy stuff like buying more expensive collectible stuff from Japan but I also like to think I'm still financially responsible because priorities. Every now and then I even put sizable chunks into my savings because I'm thinking about the future, as well as the majority of my tax returns.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jul 17, 2022, 09:37:41 PMWhat's with the tax money thing? Is there some kind of Bonus Situation I've forgotten about from being unemployed for so long?
People who have tax withheld by employers usually overpay how much they owe and get a refund when they do their tax return. This can be boosted through tax deductions.

Or if you're self employed like me you just kind of throw money at the tax office and hope it's enough because your income is grossly inconsistent and you just know you'll spend the money if you hold onto it. Then you get some back because you threw too much.

Also for the record I don't mean to imply that anyone who spends their tax return on luxury items is irresponsible, I was being facetious.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Jul 17, 2022, 09:39:37 PMI myself enjoy stuff like buying more expensive collectible stuff from Japan but I also like to think I'm still financially responsible because priorities. Every now and then I even put sizable chunks into my savings because I'm thinking about the future, as well as the majority of my tax returns.

I'm broke and slightly crazy from spending the last ten years looking after a stroke patient instead of having a life of my own.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: SiL on Jul 17, 2022, 09:42:13 PMAlso for the record I don't mean to imply that anyone who spends their tax return on luxury items is irresponsible, I was being facetious.

Kind of feel like this is aimed at me.  :laugh:

No worries that's what I thought.

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jul 17, 2022, 09:43:33 PM
Quote from: Crazy Rich on Jul 17, 2022, 09:39:37 PMI myself enjoy stuff like buying more expensive collectible stuff from Japan but I also like to think I'm still financially responsible because priorities. Every now and then I even put sizable chunks into my savings because I'm thinking about the future, as well as the majority of my tax returns.

I'm broke and slightly crazy from spending the last ten years looking after a stroke patient instead of having a life of my own.

Sorry to hear that. My own Dad had a stroke right before Covid really kicked off but fortunately he was lucky and didn't suffer any permanent damage, just in the hospital for a week.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jul 17, 2022, 09:13:59 PMListed a large, rare-ish item at a lowball price to move it fast on several trading pages, and have so far been inundated with messages from people who want to buy it in a few weeks time and asking if I'll hold it for them.

Reminds me of my days selling at flea markets. ;) They'd look it over...say I'll come back. We nicked named them "Be backers". :laugh:

A suggestion?...in your ad put only serious inquiries responded to. No discounts, No holds.  :)

D

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Thanks, I'll probably be putting more stuff up in the near future so I'll do that, even though it's not part of the culture in these groups and it'll probably attract a snide comment or two. I'd rather that than deal with timewasters.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I actually need to sell off some collectible stuff too but I keep putting it off because I've never done it before.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Jul 17, 2022, 09:44:33 PM
Quote from: SiL on Jul 17, 2022, 09:42:13 PMAlso for the record I don't mean to imply that anyone who spends their tax return on luxury items is irresponsible, I was being facetious.

Kind of feel like this is aimed at me.  :laugh:

No worries that's what I thought.

I thought you did but I've had enough dumb arguments today and wanted to make sure I was clear with anyone else who might read it ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed