Something is brewing on Instagram...

Started by Ultramorph, Dec 20, 2018, 06:48:28 PM

Author
Something is brewing on Instagram... (Read 69,656 times)

SM

SM

The Company has a bio weapons division.  There's a good chance someone's going to use them at some point - if only for urban pacification.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

That's why I suggested a rebellion.  It may take us a to a dark place, but suppose an off-world colony decided to ethnically cleanse itself and declare independence for the assholes that were deemed racially pure enough to inherit the place.

They're essentially Nazis.  Go ahead and drop some facehuggers on them.  Everyone dies and the company gets their colony back with a minimum of damage versus what it would have been if they'd sent in the marines to blast the shit out of everything.

If we're talking about dropping them on a colony populated by innocent people who've done absolutely nothing to deserve such a fate, that's where I have problems.  The same problems I had with the Betty crew and the USM in AR.

All I'm asking for is a pretext, even if it's some kind of self-deceptive horseshit that's wholly fabricated by the amoral scumbags in charge to assuage the consciences of the non-mustache twirlers in the group.

Still Collating...

At least the Betty crew didn't abduct a thousand colonists, if I'm not mistaken. Easier to cover up.
I just don't buy the scale of it. If it was some colony in the middle of nowhere, with no more than a hundred colonist max, severely underperforming and has no possible future profits, than I'd be okay with it. The one thousand colonists is what's too much for me. Though if it's a rebellion, or has any other well thought out explanation, I'm gonna be thrilled.

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 22, 2018, 09:05:10 PM
If we're talking about dropping them on a colony populated by innocent people who've done absolutely nothing to deserve such a fate, that's where I have problems.

Innocent people get f**ked over all the time it's called "collateral damage"

All I'm asking for is a pretext, even if it's some kind of self-deceptive horseshit that's wholly fabricated by the amoral scumbags in charge to assuage the consciences of the non-mustache twirlers in the group.

Haha that's fair!

Quote from: Still Collating... on Dec 22, 2018, 09:58:12 PM
At least the Betty crew didn't abduct a thousand colonists, if I'm not mistaken. Easier to cover up.
I just don't buy the scale of it. If it was some colony in the middle of nowhere, with no more than a hundred colonist max, severely underperforming and has no possible future profits, than I'd be okay with it. The one thousand colonists is what's too much for me. Though if it's a rebellion, or has any other well thought out explanation, I'm gonna be thrilled.

The number of colonists is never mentioned in these posts. Where are you getting 1000 colonists from?

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 22, 2018, 12:23:15 PM
Quote from: Wlvscrclwlvs on Dec 22, 2018, 12:15:56 PM
Wondering if this could end up being some kinda playable comic like telltale do with walking dead could see that have an appeal to wider audience whatever it is I'm happy!

I'd be interested to see something like that. Imagine some cell shaded game with Den Beauvais' style for the graphics!

Wishful thinking, but here is me wishing it's a motion comic which serves as a prequel/prologue for an upcoming Alien film/TV series.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Dec 22, 2018, 10:03:36 PM
If we're talking about dropping them on a colony populated by innocent people who've done absolutely nothing to deserve such a fate, that's where I have problems.

They're hardly "collateral damage" if they were the intended target from the outset.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

You've got to think in terms of a galactic scale too. The human population will expand so much more when we're on hundreds of other worlds. In the grand scheme of things, what is one little colony of (probably) under a 1000 people to an entity that is comparable to a government.

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Dec 22, 2018, 10:28:54 PM
Wondering if this could end up being some kinda playable comic like telltale do with walking dead could see that have an appeal to wider audience whatever it is I'm happy!

I'd be interested to see something like that. Imagine some cell shaded game with Den Beauvais' style for the graphics!

Wishful thinking, but here is me wishing it's a motion comic which serves as a prequel/prologue for an upcoming Alien film/TV series.

Honestly, I think something like that would have larger fanfare around it.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 22, 2018, 10:40:39 PMIn the grand scheme of things, what is one little colony of (probably) under a 1000 people to an entity that is comparable to a government.

Given the entire plot of Aliens, such a colony is obviously important enough to warrant military intervention if contact is lost (and that wasn't even close to 1000 people).

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Dec 22, 2018, 10:28:54 PM

I have a feeling this is for a game.

Just my thoughts.

But, is it Blackout, or something else? I kinda hope we get a mobile game. That's a medium I don't think the franchise has touched.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 22, 2018, 10:43:57 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 22, 2018, 10:40:39 PMIn the grand scheme of things, what is one little colony of (probably) under a 1000 people to an entity that is comparable to a government.

Given the entire plot of Aliens, such a colony is obviously important enough to warrant military intervention if contact is lost (and that wasn't even close to 1000 people).

A mission that seemed to be largely under Company influence - until the Company stooge in the military was incapacitated.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Not sure what difference that makes.

Also, since when are we talking about galactic scale?  The ECA rep indicated that something over "300 surveyed worlds" was all we had.  That's a far cry from colonizing the whole galaxy.

Still Collating...

Haha that's fair!

The number of colonists is never mentioned in these posts. Where are you getting 1000 colonists from?

Sorry, should've made myself clear.
Spoiler
I was going off of the assumption if this turns out to be for the Resistance comic where it's mentioned in a synopsis that there'll be 1000 colonists in danger.
[close]

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 22, 2018, 10:55:58 PM

Also, since when are we talking about galactic scale?  The ECA rep indicated that something over "300 surveyed worlds" was all we had.  That's a far cry from colonizing the whole galaxy.

This.

There has to be pretext somehow.
Otherwise the premise,
based upon what we know in Aliens (1986)
falls flat on it's face.

Before the story even begins.

Xiggz456

Quote from: Still Collating... on Dec 22, 2018, 11:54:16 PM

Haha that's fair!

Sorry, should've made myself clear.
Spoiler
I was going off of the assumption if this turns out to be for the Resistance comic where it's mentioned in a synopsis that there'll be 1000 colonists in danger.
[close]

Okay gotcha I haven't read that synopsis yet.

Local Trouble

Quote from: The Old One on Dec 23, 2018, 12:11:12 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 22, 2018, 10:55:58 PM

This.

There has to be pretext somehow.
Otherwise the premise,
based upon what we know in Aliens (1986)
falls flat on it's face.

Before the story even begins.

Remember what Morse said when the door didn't close?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed