New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director!

Started by Whos_Nick, Nov 20, 2020, 08:19:51 PM

Author
New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director! (Read 120,818 times)

BigDaddyJohn

I love the new setting and i quite liked 10 Cloverfield Lane, although one movie is not enough for me to fully evaluate Trachtenberg's skillset. A female lead doesn't bother me at all as long as she is well written and portrayed, like any character in any movie.

For the predator itself, i hope they go for a "different" look (not too different though), a more tribal look, like we can feel it was a few hundreds years ago.

KiramidHead

This has probably been in the works for so long because Trachtenberg was working on other stuff that didn't come together. He was supposed to direct the current iteration of the Uncharted movie but had to leave, for instance.

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

This is how the Predator should look.

Russ840

https://twitter.com/rafagrassetti/status/1329928299934412801

God Of War art director celebrating announcement of Predator 5

Kradan

BigDaddyJohn

:laugh:

By the way, do you guys prefer the predator to still have high tech weaponry against the native americans, or a more bladed and simple themed arsenal considering they could be a bit less advanced than what we saw until now ?

[cancerblack]

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Nov 28, 2020, 09:38:09 PM
:laugh:

By the way, do you guys prefer the predator to still have high tech weaponry against the native americans, or a more bladed and simple themed arsenal considering they could be a bit less advanced than what we saw until now ?

Fine with either, although ever since Captive I've wanted to see a Pred basically just show up with little other than tools and maybe a few spare blades, and craft bows/spears/traps from the environment while on the hunt.

Gr33n M4n

Considering how high-tech they are in the 20th century and can still get to Earth in the Western/expansionist period, I see the Predator packing more than just a few sharp blades.

Kradan

More cool Predator weaponry - the better in my book

The Predator brought back Shuriken. This one should bring back Whip

KiramidHead

I want to see the disc again.

Gr33n M4n

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Phobos on Nov 28, 2020, 09:47:02 PM
Considering how high-tech they are in the 20th century and can still get to Earth in the Western/expansionist period, I see the Predator packing more than just a few sharp blades.

Maybe I've just gotten lost over the course of the thread, but I'm fairly certain this film is supposed to be set before that period.

Gr33n M4n

I thought we were just speculating because the article doesn't say what period. Someone brought up Indians and it flowed from there. From what i've read online, the idea that it'll be based off Skulls with a Comanche woman is just a theory.

BigDaddyJohn

I'm also a fan of the predator high tech and diverse weaponry, and indeed they obviously can space travel since long ago, so we could have advanced stuff. Hope we get new cool additions (also loved the whip by the way !).

Gr33n M4n

The whip from AVPR? That thing was cool.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed