How do xenomorphs see?

Started by DEATHGRIND, Aug 27, 2007, 11:34:30 PM

Author
How do xenomorphs see? (Read 44,166 times)

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: brad873 on Sep 08, 2007, 09:34:08 AM
maybe they have aa skull hidden under there skin. we cant see it but it may be there, remember the alien in alien was a lot lighter

also the alien skull in pred 2 has eye sockets.

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q201/brad872/5.jpg

well actually, the skull must have been done by people who only had a rudimentary knowledge of the alien films. I had thought the aliens had exo-skeletons, but because of this you then have to include the fact that they have endo-skeletons as well or else predator 2 f**ks up continuity. The "eye sockets" could just be the ignorance of the people who worked on the special effects, which clearly couldn't have been stan winston. (if it was, why the f**k up?)

Porkus Maximus

Porkus Maximus

Alien 3 gives us a POV of the alien as it chases convicts through the tunnels, interestingly it seems their visual perception is almost identicle to ours.  This must mean their other senses are highly tuned, because there's no way they could navigate the way they do with 'normal' vision.

CelticP

CelticP

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 08, 2007, 09:48:55 PM
Fixed your posts for you.
You didnt do a good job...seeing as how I dont know what he's saying.... ;)

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Sep 09, 2007, 03:49:13 AM
Alien 3 gives us a POV of the alien as it chases convicts through the tunnels, interestingly it seems their visual perception is almost identicle to ours.  This must mean their other senses are highly tuned, because there's no way they could navigate the way they do with 'normal' vision.

yeah, but that was stupid. It was probably only added because it was a cool visual effect. I don't think aliens see anywhere close to human vision if they even see at all. I thought they sensed by sound/vibrations, echo-location, heat and pheromones given off by their prey.

Porkus Maximus

Porkus Maximus

Stupid?  Yes I agree. Unfortunately it can't be ignored. =/

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Sep 09, 2007, 03:49:13 AM
Alien 3 gives us a POV of the alien as it chases convicts through the tunnels, interestingly it seems their visual perception is almost identicle to ours.

Just because the camera shows us the Alien's point of view, doesn't mean we are literally seeing what it sees.

Porkus Maximus

Porkus Maximus

I would agree if it wasn't for the distorted 'fish eye' lense and the echoy sound effects.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Fincher's use of lens distortion occurs several times during the film when it is not the Alien's P.O.V. so that means very little.

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

Quote from: ballzanya on Sep 09, 2007, 03:44:51 AMwell actually, the skull must have been done by people who only had a rudimentary knowledge of the alien films. I had thought the aliens had exo-skeletons, but because of this you then have to include the fact that they have endo-skeletons as well or else predator 2 f**ks up continuity. The "eye sockets" could just be the ignorance of the people who worked on the special effects, which clearly couldn't have been stan winston. (if it was, why the f**k up?)

According to Predator 2 trivia on this very site...

"The skull of a creature that resembles the ones in Alien and Aliens is on the wall in the Predator's trophy room. Putting the Alien skull on the trophy case on the Predator ship was the idea of Stan Winston' as a way of showing off all the different species and creatures that the Predators have hunted and killed. Since Fox had owned the Alien franchise, it was easy to obtain the rights to use the Alien head in the film."

So it was indeed Winston who put that there.

Porkus Maximus

Porkus Maximus

QuoteFincher's use of lens distortion occurs several times during the film when it is not the Alien's P.O.V. so that means very little.

It does?  Could you point out a few instances?

Vemados

Vemados

I don't think those are eye sockets...

I was really into dinosaurs when I was little.  They have two eye sockets and infront of their eyes is another hole... never really found out what it was for.  But yeah I think the "sockets" on that picture were just the "mystery holes".  A theory is that those holes contain like that liquid that dolphins and whales use in echolocation, to make up for not having big bat ears.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Sep 09, 2007, 04:42:30 PM
It does?  Could you point out a few instances?

Huol

Huol

Quote from: Vemados on Sep 09, 2007, 06:55:45 PM
I don't think those are eye sockets...

I was really into dinosaurs when I was little.  They have two eye sockets and infront of their eyes is another hole... never really found out what it was for.  But yeah I think the "sockets" on that picture were just the "mystery holes".  A theory is that those holes contain like that liquid that dolphins and whales use in echolocation, to make up for not having big bat ears.

lol, those holes for dinosaurs are their nostrils if i remember.

Gill Predator

Gill Predator

Quote from: brad873 on Sep 08, 2007, 09:34:08 AM
maybe they have aa skull hidden under there skin. we cant see it but it may be there, remember the alien in alien was a lot lighter

also the alien skull in pred 2 has eye sockets.

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q201/brad872/5.jpg
inside the skin?

brad873

brad873

like one way glass. they can see out of there carapase but we cant see in

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed