Interesting read: Earth maybe hunting ground for loser Predators

Started by frasermaxx, Aug 15, 2022, 07:23:34 AM

Author
Interesting read: Earth maybe hunting ground for loser Predators (Read 2,093 times)

frasermaxx

https://www.cbr.com/prey-theory-earth-loser-bracket-predator-hunting-ground-hulu/

Kinda interesting thinking about it. Its like they are being watched what they do on their hunts on Earth. Predator 2 made that connection too in the end.

skull-splitter

Sounds like an edgelord's take...

DaddyYautja

QuoteAccording to Reddit theorist

I didn't read the thread but I'm going to guess it's a joke.

Yes,  this Pred is really, really bad but I think this is because of bad writing instead if a storyline of the Preds that land on earth are going for summer school.

happypred

I think it's a fact that Earth and humans should be an easier hunt for competent Predators, taking into account physical and tech advantage.

Predators who actually struggle against humans would be like human or elf hunters who struggle against hobbits...using a fantasy analogy.

That said, we never saw a Pred actually struggle against human prey in general. Preds only have difficulty with scrappy, resourceful protagonists who survive the copious massacre of other humans.

Stitch

I made a suggestion in another thread that maybe feral didn't bring the big guns because historically, earth wasn't a developed place, and he got caught out by the existence of guns. The advent of firearms might be what elevated earth from a lower to a higher tier of hunting ground.

Master

What advent of the firearms though? Guns were widely used in Europe since XV century. Artilery much longer, especially in Asia.

Stitch

Quote from: Master on Aug 16, 2022, 11:35:10 PMWhat advent of the firearms though? Guns were widely used in Europe since XV century. Artilery much longer, especially in Asia.
Yeah, but we don't know the last time a predator was on earth, do we? Might have never come across humans with rifles before.

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Honestly I don't think the theory is that bad, considering what we have seen it's very odd that a 530 pound, super fast, super strong, technologically superior and better trained warrior species gets it's butt kicked by a single human in every movie, I think the theory makes perfect sense. They just are not the best the species has to offer and that is why they end up losing every time. Then again, they take out multitudes of humans before being taken down by the prize human so it's not like they haven't proven their worth and power and skill in every film. So it could go either way.

SuperiorIronman

CBR isn't known for fantastic takes nor one to sit out on a twitter/reddit joke. Essentially that the Predators are the equivalent of a rich dentist showing up with an assault rifle. Which, yeah I'm convinced those who make those takes have never seen these movies.

Do you know just how much shit you gotta go through to bring one down? Let alone all the ONE that was ever gunned down? Seriously, only one was ever shot to death on film. The crossovers got mauled by xenomorphs and otherwise nuked along with everything else.

It honestly reeks of me the edgelords on reddit and twitter who demand a movie that the Predator wins just so we can have a movie where the bad guy wins rather than it have anything to do with the story.

Mr.Turok

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Aug 18, 2022, 11:27:52 PMIt honestly reeks of me the edgelords on reddit and twitter who demand a movie that the Predator wins just so we can have a movie where the bad guy wins rather than it have anything to do with the story.

The only argument where I at least understood in part of where they come from is that that ending will enforce them as a threat and not just dumb animals that can't handle another sapient race. Like I can understand the idea of not making Predators as a joke of always dying in the end and establish how dangerous and deadly they are in a manner of making no one safe a la Game of Thrones, but it's just the matter of how to make it have a point as edges must have a point to all of this and not just win for the sake of a win.

SiL

This is possibly the dumbest take.

Jungle Hunter took out two special forces teams single handed but he's actually a reject because he accidentally stood in the wrong place?

The next one has a whole taskforce after it that lays a careful trap that fails, but basically distracts the thing long enough to get overwhelmed.

Both those movies clearly establish Predators like to come, hunt, and leave - successfully.

Fugitive is killed by another Predator and Assassin clearly wasn't considered a bitch.

Feral was the only one that was actually probably inexperienced and proving himself. That's one out of four earthbound hunters that maybe fits the description.

The Predators barely lose, that's what makes it exciting to see them defeated.

Master

And they tend to bring knifes, * and sharp sticks into a gunfight and emerge barely unscrached and victorious.

*(energy based plasma weapons/rocket propellers/ hi-mag antygravity homing devices)

Huntsman

It's more a matter of the films following the general template of the original. Which I'm well and truly ready for them to break away from.

Master

Careful what you wish for. We might as well get a picture where Predator dies in first ten minutes and the rest is gibberish about the condition of human nature. Or better yet, your favorite Alien Hunter is misunderstood allegory of the oppression of dreaded white man, see last Candyman.

BlueMarsalis79

It looks to me like Candyman was fairly well liked.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed