Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 286,620 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 22, 2021, 02:27:54 PM
That's the one with his own aunt or something, right?

Eleven-year-old Jimi has a crush on his older cousin Nancy, who's a pilot for creepy Dr. Dakien, who also has the hots for Nancy. Unbeknownst to Nancy, Dakien's not just creepy, he's completely mad, and Nancy's rejection has driven him off the deep end. He's killed himself to set in motion a plan to go after Nancy and Jimi! Between rescuing Jimi, staving off Dakien's cybernetic doppelgänger, and battling the aliens Dakien has unleashed, there may not be enough Nancy to go around.

Found the one-shot in a local antique store a couple years ago and grabbed it not knowing anything about it. :D

Corporal Hicks

Knew it was something incesty. That's one I can't say I've read more than once. lol

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 22, 2021, 02:39:10 PM
Knew it was something incesty. That's one I can't say I've read more than once. lol

Good man.

I mean, there's no doubt sexuality is one of the main themes of Alien franchise, it's litterally implemented into creature's design. But the way that comic went about dealing with the matter of sexuality was ... just sickening to me

Idea of a man turning himself into Alien as a tool of sexual assault could've been interesting in the hands of a different creative team though. Probably, someone who would've taken idea just a tiny bit seriously

Nightmare Asylum

Yeah, it's a truly awful comic. It's just amusing looking back on it and all of its absurdities.

From what I recall, it's inclusion of Aliens is essentially inconsequential in the end, too. :D

Kailem

From September's solicits:

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Kailem on Jun 23, 2021, 05:28:00 PM
From September's solicits:

The only part of the core creative team they're shaking up for the second arc is the cover artist - and the covers have been the best thing about the first arc. :D

Kradan

These covers make me think they gonna go full Eric Red on us

Nukiemorph

Nightmare Asylum

Definitely seems to be some iteration of Ward's monk concept to me. Which is already more interesting than what the book is currently doing (Ward's concept is the unmade Alien 3 that I find to be the most intriguing) but it is hard to get excited for this after the first four issues here.

Kradan

Kradan

Idk man, barn and cows on that variant cover gives me more of a Red's vibes. I can only dream about ever seeing Ward's ideas visualised at this point

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 22, 2021, 02:05:14 PM
Sometimes you just wanna revisit a bad one, to check if it was really that bad.

I've read DOTS once and I don't remember it being bad. I just remember it not making any goddamn sense  :D

Voodoo Magic

I started to consider dropping this book after the first arc, which is the last thought I wanted to have.  :-\

Nightmare Asylum

How long until this bad boy is blatantly traced into a panel?

judge death

Larroca? Tracing, tracing everywhere!

Nightmare Asylum

I'd be genuinely ecstatic to see an actual rendition of the sheep-Alien-with-a-man's-face-on-its-butt in comic book form but, ya know, not a traced one!

426Buddy

Sweet Jesus they're sticking with Larroca? :-X

Looks like I'm passing on this one too. Maybe I really am done collecting then? :'(

Nice cover though

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed