Predalien: Dreads or No Dreads

Started by Kradan, May 13, 2019, 05:37:20 PM

Do you like dreads as part of Predalien design?

Yay
37 (50%)
Nay
33 (44.6%)
No Predalien
4 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Author
Predalien: Dreads or No Dreads (Read 15,552 times)

Local Trouble

Nope. They get progressively more humanoid, with their fourth generation passing for human. The fifth generation resets back to their default.

https://warhammer40k.fandom.com/wiki/Genestealer#Generation_4_-_Primacii

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 09, 2023, 02:11:35 AMNope. They get progressively more humanoid, with their fourth generation passing for human. The fifth generation resets back to their default.

https://warhammer40k.fandom.com/wiki/Genestealer#Generation_4_-_Primacii
Huh interesting, thanks!

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

Should the Predalien tusks also be more alien like?

I know it's the predalien signature but maybe something like this could be a unique aesthetic

Wweyland

Wweyland

Looks a bit too busy

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

Quote from: Wweyland on Dec 16, 2023, 07:31:16 PMLooks a bit too busy
I definitely agree definitely need some adjustments but the idea of the tux is staying with me tho change a little bit

The Cruentus

I voted nay but honestly, my opinion on predalien "dreads" really depends on how they do it and if they explain why the Alien takes that trait. From the looks of the "dreads" on a predator, its not hair as its texture and appearance is smooth. So if there where to be an explanation on it as being some sort of sensory organ etc, then it would explain why it would be taken as a useful trait and it shouldn't be an issue. Of course it then depends on how its featured on the Predalien. Some look better than others.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: The Cruentus on Dec 19, 2023, 11:29:02 PMI voted nay but honestly, my opinion on predalien "dreads" really depends on how they do it and if they explain why the Alien takes that trait. From the looks of the "dreads" on a predator, its not hair as its texture and appearance is smooth. So if there where to be an explanation on it as being some sort of sensory organ etc, then it would explain why it would be taken as a useful trait and it shouldn't be an issue. Of course it then depends on how its featured on the Predalien. Some look better than others.
I'm not sure how to "explain" it narratively without it being ultra-clunky exposition dialogue. I mean I guess you could convey it visually by showing a Predator get its dreadlocks injured and have them bleed (conveying that it's not merely hair) and then show the PredAlien with dreadlocks (conveying that it's a dominant trait that DNA Reflex picks up on, like mandibles or whatever).

The Cruentus

Yeah I think remember the "dreads" bleeding in one of the media formats. Can't recall which one now.

BlueMarsalis79

Predators I think? When Royce absolutely batters Berserker.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: The Cruentus on Dec 20, 2023, 12:00:17 PMYeah I think remember the "dreads" bleeding in one of the media formats. Can't recall which one now.
I think Blue is right that it's 'Predators'. It definitely happens in the comics.

James Sawyer

With Dreads all the way for sure... see not only the mouth is iconic but the dreads have become a staple for the predators.

razeak

razeak

The dreads are screaming "We are taking the DNA thing too far".   Might as well resurrect the stupid sheep alien with wool. Just make the damn thing 10 feet tall with some mandibles. This shouldn't be so hard. Or does it even have to have the damned mandibles? Just a bigger, faster, stronger, alien with some cool spot patterns maybe? Nah. I think mandibles are probably needed to set it apart a little more.

Still Collating...

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Dec 08, 2023, 11:16:59 PMI always thought the Resurrection Aliens looked contaminated not only with human DNA but also with Queen DNA...

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVVbeBpLv7Y-TbKzUi36P5Eg4-5PrM79EexQ&usqp=CAUhttps://www.metal-shop.eu/images/produkty/x_cpr903158.jpg
That might explain the head shape, having no fifth back spine, and them being digitgrade. 

Never thought of it like that! I actually like that idea a lot, makes a fair bit of visual sense.

VodouSpartan

I like the idea of predalien but doesn't their very existence make it so that all species a facehugger latches onto create entirely new looking aliens? And if so are the xenomorphs that come from humans really an Alien or just another hybrid? I'm no lore expert so pls someone explain or just correct me if I'm wrong here.

The Cruentus

Hybrid is not really an accurate term since the alien is simply doing what its nature is supposed to do, adapt and use host dna to grow.  but yeah even a human born Alien is not the default, it is just another result of taking traits. So if one was to use the term hybrid for others, it would have to apply to human-borns too.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed