Shane Black is doing a SEQUEL!

Started by Lemonade, Jun 25, 2014, 10:17:16 PM

Author
Shane Black is doing a SEQUEL! (Read 194,845 times)

SiL

SiL

You said killed off. He died. His character was killed off by the plot. And it was heroic.

Bio Mech Hunter

Good grief, guys. What is with this obsession with wanting to see Arnold killed off on screen? :o

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Jun 27, 2014, 03:19:03 AM
Good grief, guys. What is with this obsession with wanting to see Arnold killed off on screen? :o

Personally, I wouldn't want Arnold to return. I think the mystery of Dutch's fate is something work keeping.. But considering that Shane Black is on board, I'm willing to bet we will get Arnold in either as a cameo, or perhaps even the starring role.

But I am more interested in the setting, and of course how Black and Dekker will portray the creatures and what their ideas are. I'm cautiously optimistic, and while I haven't seen Shane Black's directed features.. I have seen movies which he has written. Ricochet is one of my favorite movies and he had a hand in it, and so is Night of the Creeps which Black and Dekker worked on together!

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Considering I felt Iron Man 3 was Predators-level disappointing I don't know how I feel about this. He seems like a better choice than a lot of other people, and I'm certainly more game for this than another Prometheus, so we'll just have to see how it goes. I'm hoping Legacy Effects does the Predator work and of course the return of Alan Silvestri.

I'm also reminded I need to see The Monster Squad.  :-[

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Gilfryd on Jun 27, 2014, 08:28:58 AMI'm also reminded I need to see The Monster Squad.  :-[
Great movie :)

worldpeace

worldpeace

how would you feel if it takes place in the next ten years and homeland terrorists, pirates  and religious fanatics threaten mankinds very existence and predators love killing all the crazies? sort of becoming the "good guys"   im curious about the plot shane black has cooked up. and i dont want to know so i can be surprised when i see it.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Gilfryd on Jun 27, 2014, 08:28:58 AM
Considering I felt Iron Man 3 was Predators-level disappointing I don't know how I feel about this. He seems like a better choice than a lot of other people, and I'm certainly more game for this than another Prometheus, so we'll just have to see how it goes.

I have never really seen Iron Man 3, so I can't really say anything about that particular movie or Shane Black's directorial abilities. However as far as Fred Dekker is concerned, I have seen the Monster Squad and as far as that movie is concerned.. It was a good horror comedy film with a modern spin on the classical horror monsters. Robocop 3, which Dekker also did.. Aaaaaah.. You know, I don't know what went wrong with that movie.. Some say it was the script, others say studio interference or something to do with the bankruptcy but.. that movie was considered the one which killed Dekker's career as a director. Personally, I don't hate Robocop 3.. Just was disappointed with it in some aspects.

I really have nothing bad to say about this turn of events, although I had been hoping for a reboot, I'm curious to see where this sequel goes and exactly which film it's a sequel to. But my main concerns are where the movie will be set, the treatment of the Predator creature and culture, what will be added and how it will fit. All of those.. I'm sure we'll find out in maybe six months to a year's time.

worldpeace

worldpeace

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 27, 2014, 08:50:29 AM
Quote from: Gilfryd on Jun 27, 2014, 08:28:58 AMI'm also reminded I need to see The Monster Squad.  :-[
Great movie :)
the creature from the black lagoon makeup effects are done by guys who worked on predator and i remember thinking it looked fantastic . "wolfmans got nards" kick him in the nards

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: worldpeace on Jun 27, 2014, 08:55:05 AMthe creature from the black lagoon makeup effects are done by guys who worked on predator and i remember thinking it looked fantastic . "wolfmans got nards" kick him in the nards
You mean Stan Winston, the late Godfather of special effects. He did the makeup for all of the creatures in The monster Squad.

The Creature from the Black Lagoon looked absolutely amazing, but it's hardly used in the film and he goes out like a bitch :(

worldpeace

worldpeace

he did fine directing ironman3... the script was the issue . hes going to do fine. stop over analysing so much so soon...  he was in predator he wrote lethal weapon and can direct. i bet he actually cares and has spent years thinking about what he would do if making a predator sequel .                   

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jun 27, 2014, 08:54:45 AM
Quote from: Gilfryd on Jun 27, 2014, 08:28:58 AM
Considering I felt Iron Man 3 was Predators-level disappointing I don't know how I feel about this. He seems like a better choice than a lot of other people, and I'm certainly more game for this than another Prometheus, so we'll just have to see how it goes.

I have never really seen Iron Man 3, so I can't really say anything about that particular movie or Shane Black's directorial abilities. However as far as Fred Dekker is concerned, I have seen the Monster Squad and as far as that movie is concerned.. It was a good horror comedy film with a modern spin on the classical horror monsters. Robocop 3, which Dekker also did.. Aaaaaah.. You know, I don't know what went wrong with that movie.. Some say it was the script, others say studio interference or something to do with the bankruptcy but.. that movie was considered the one which killed Dekker's career as a director. Personally, I don't hate Robocop 3.. Just was disappointed with it in some aspects.

I really have nothing bad to say about this turn of events, although I had been hoping for a reboot, I'm curious to see where this sequel goes and exactly which film it's a sequel to. But my main concerns are where the movie will be set, the treatment of the Predator creature and culture, what will be added and how it will fit. All of those.. I'm sure we'll find out in maybe six months to a year's time.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

My problem with Iron Man 3, as far as Shane Black is concerned, is that it didn't really feel like a Shane Black movie. Hopefully with him being involved in the script for this new sequel, it'll have some more of his magic.

worldpeace

worldpeace

this movie could bring a next gen game if we are lucky. i wouldn't be shocked if fox wants to do what marvel did. they no longer have starwars.   they need to polish predator and alien then avp then throw engineers into the mix and then ????

SiL

SiL

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 27, 2014, 08:59:16 AM
You mean Stan Winston, the late Godfather of special effects. He did the makeup for all of the creatures in The monster Squad.
Dude! The Godfather of special makeup effects was Dick Smith :P

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Jun 27, 2014, 03:19:03 AM
The Predator deserves killing Schwarzenneger :)

shakermakerman

God I hope its better than Predators in fact I hope it disregards it the big pile of shit..

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed