Scorn - Very Giger-esque New Game on Steam Greenlight

Started by Olde, Jun 30, 2016, 01:43:00 AM

Author
Scorn - Very Giger-esque New Game on Steam Greenlight (Read 32,022 times)

Xenomania

PVTDukeMorrison

Giger is probably sitting in whichever part of hell he's made his domain, watching this trailer with a smile and the biggest biomechanical stiffy you've ever seen

Olde

Two words: God damn.

Corporal Hicks

Seriously, this more of what Prometheus and Covenant should have looked like.

Olde

Olde

No doubt. Even better news, they're working on releasing a demo for all backers (including yours truly) this September. As in 2017. Now would be a great time to back them, even at the lowest tier, as the rewards are very nice and the gameplay video looks awesome.

@Winde:

QuoteOlde: Thank you for all the info and for the fantastic gameplay video. Just a quick question: will this game have a release of mod tools and/or SDK? I know it's on Unreal which has public tools, but I'm asking in regard to Scorn's assets specifically. I'm sure that many people would love to be able to make mods, design their own maps, etc. for the game, and the release of mod tools is now a rarity among newly released games. Many thanks in advance.

Ebb Software: Modding tool is not planned as we aim to deliver great gameplay experience first, everything else is second to that.

:'(

windebieste

Ah... bugger.  That really lowers it's priority for me. 

Hey, thanks for asking though.  Appreciated. :)

-Windebieste.

Gruyères

First part will be from 6 to 8 hours long. If you're a backer (which I am as well) you'll get the demo before september ends, but you'll need to buy the second part whenever it's done. They're focusing on finishing the first part and demo for now.

Corporal Hicks

8 hours is still pretty reasonable, I think. Assuming it's a good experience, I don't mind paying for a sequel.

DorkiDori

Can we just called this "Alien: Scorn" caaaaaaaaaaaaause this is what the 2nd movie SHOULD have been!

Olde

Olde

Paradise: Scorned would've been a better name than Paradise: Lost. Just sayin'. Also, looks like Scorn has already exceeded 50% of its goal in a mere three days.

Corporal Hicks

Nearly 2/3s. Hopefully this manages to maintain the momentum.

Mr.Turok

I'm not the only one who noticed this, as lots of people commented on it,  but I really hope they can replace the gun fire sound as something else. The sound effect of regular gunpowder discharge sounds very out of place out of a weapon made out of flesh. It would be really sickeningly awesome to have it a wet organic sound to really cement the whole universe I am in. How unique these weapons can be instead of gunpowder and even plasma blasts if they did that just one little detail.

Other than that, the game looks completely solid!

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Sep 10, 2017, 03:33:32 AM
I'm not the only one who noticed this, as lots of people commented on it,  but I really hope they can replace the gun fire sound as something else. The sound effect of regular gunpowder discharge sounds very out of place out of a weapon made out of flesh. It would be really sickeningly awesome to have it a wet organic sound to really cement the whole universe I am in. How unique these weapons can be instead of gunpowder and even plasma blasts if they did that just one little detail.

Is it something the developers have been made aware of?

Gruyères

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 11, 2017, 10:11:58 AM
Quote from: Mr.Turok on Sep 10, 2017, 03:33:32 AM

Is it something the developers have been made aware of?

Someone suggested it through the Kickstarter comments section, and their Production Manager somewhat aknowledged that "things aren't final as today", so let's see.

Gilfryd

So this is what would happen if HP Lovecraft, David Cronenberg, Junji Ito, Zdzislaw Beksinski, HR Giger, Wayne Barlowe and Tool somehow had a high-powered mutant baby together.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed