Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 198,718 times)

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

They should stop trying to explain stuff. Aren't we better off not knowing anyways.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: SiL on Nov 02, 2007, 08:08:46 PM
Y'all do realise this is probably how they explain ridged heads vs. smooth heads, right? :-X

Being the products of oral?

ep40

ep40

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 02, 2007, 09:25:38 PM
Y'all do realise this is probably how they explain ridged heads vs. smooth heads, right? :-X

Being the products of oral?
I have bad felling about this, because some aspects maybe true with yours sugestion.

automirage04

automirage04

What do you mean?

Like:

Smooth = facehugger

Ridge = deepthroat?

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

I hope that's not the case.

There's no way in hell I'm accepting that as a retcon of the events in Aliens.

No damn way. 

For me, the AvP universe is completely divorced from the Alien universe.

The Chibi Kiriyama

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Nov 03, 2007, 01:35:10 AM
I hope that's not the case.

There's no way in hell I'm accepting that as a retcon of the events in Aliens.

No damn way. 

It's starting to become the same for me, and to be honest I don't think the audience would mind if that is indeed the case.

Huol

Huol

I prefer the idea that:
smooth head=young
ridged head= older

Since the aliens in Alien, alien 3, avp and alien ressurection where under a day old, they had smooth heads.
Yet the ones in Aliens had been there over a day or two (i cant remember how long exactly) they had shed their "cowls" and gotten the ridged head.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: automirage04 on Nov 03, 2007, 01:20:34 AM

What do you mean?

Like:

Smooth = facehugger

Ridge = deepthroat?

I always thought the ridged heads vs. smooth heads thing was to do with age....only ALIENS featured the ridged heads and that was supposedly the idea.  The obvious problem is how old are the Aliens for Requiem, or are they just starting out and its something to do with their evironment, either way you look at it continuity has gone right out of the window....I fear this film is becoming a real mess.

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Nov 03, 2007, 01:35:10 AM

yeah thats pretty much how it should be interpreted

and the difference between ridged/smooth alien heads is simple:

smooth: Alien monster

ridged: cannon fodder

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Huol on Nov 03, 2007, 01:37:06 AM
I prefer the idea that:
smooth head=young
ridged head= older

Me, too. I asked, early on, about whether some sort of an explannation would be alluded to for them, in the film's story, but received no answer.

I fear that this might just be the reason why.

Had been hoping that the film would simply skip ahead a few days, to the aftermath of the main outbreak (reflecting how it would have taken some time to gather their numbers in secret), but with the recent announcements of the new cycle being specifically to allow an early method of reproduction, that no longer seems likely.

It doesn't make sense that every single creature in 'Aliens' came from that method. We saw plenty of empty eggs by the colonists.

Xhan

Xhan

Some of the AvP Aliens are over 100 years old. Not very pringle-ated either.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: Xhan on Nov 03, 2007, 05:03:36 AM
Some of the AvP Aliens are over 100 years old. Not very pringle-ated either.

You're referring to the first AvP right....so don't you mean the Alien "Eggs" were over 100 years old?  No Alien Warriors were around at the time Weyland and his team entered the Pyramid only the Queen and she was in stasis.  That was the whole idea of the hunt, they just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 03, 2007, 02:14:29 AM
Quote from: Huol on Nov 03, 2007, 01:37:06 AM
I prefer the idea that:
smooth head=young
ridged head= older

Me, too. I asked, early on, about whether some sort of an explannation would be alluded to for them, in the film's story, but received no answer.

I fear that this might just be the reason why.

Had been hoping that the film would simply skip ahead a few days, to the aftermath of the main outbreak (reflecting how it would have taken some time to gather their numbers in secret), but with the recent announcements of the new cycle being specifically to allow an early method of reproduction, that no longer seems likely.

It doesn't make sense that every single creature in 'Aliens' came from that method. We saw plenty of empty eggs by the colonists.

Oh they better not go there and try to explain that the only reason they had ridged heads in Aliens was do to that queen doing that reproduction method. As you pointed out, clearly you can see open eggs and dead facehuggers which ultimately produced ridged head aliens that way. So I agree on the age thing, but that does present a problem for avp-r.
But I supposed they just choose the design they liked the best. With that in respect to the ridged head and that only, I do like the Aliens design as opposed  to the one from Alien. Otherwise both the designs from the first two movies are good. Nothing has touched them since.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

With that in respect to the ridged head and that only, I do like the Aliens design as opposed  to the one from Alien. Otherwise both the designs from the first two movies are good. Nothing has touched them since.

I think the Alien3 design is a classic myself, that and the 2 you mentioned, but the runner deserves a mention not just because it was partially designed by Giger, but its also one of the few things ADI actually got right when they changed it.  Speaking of changes,  the only thing non of the sequels have got right since the original is the Hugger.  In fact if anything the designs (except for the Super Face Hugger which should NEVER have been removed) have got steadily WORSE!

SiL

SiL

They decided to finally screw with the face-hugger this movie, don't you worry :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed