Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 198,879 times)

Major Alan Schaefer

Alright boys and girls lets calm down...deep breath...ok you can fight again  ;D

Predalien91

Predalien91

Somebody answer my question.

So the Predalien rapes you instead of using eggs? I just came to this website and I'm puzzled.

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: Predalien91 on Oct 28, 2007, 05:43:41 PM

So the Predalien rapes you instead of using eggs? I just came to this website and I'm puzzled.
That's bacically it...its transforming to a Queen and doesn't lay eggs for some reason...

echobbase79

echobbase79

Alienseseses

echobbase79

echobbase79

just edited my post. thanks.  8)

lucan khan

lucan khan

i think you guys are taking this thing abit too seriously, i mean you have to get some thing new into a film otherise its just same and the one before, every has done to the alien films starting with cameron: enter the queen, then fincher: enter the hybrids, same the predator, at what point during predator do you get the hint that they travel around in groups? u just see him dumped off at the beginning, he could have meant to be the last of his kind and for some reason abandoned hi main ship, predator 2 comes in and suddenly theres more of them, we see evidence that they go to other planets, we see evidence theyve hunted aliens, and that travel together.

how is that different to what is being done in avpr? the "new" RC is just something we havent seen yet, in aliens the nest was nicely established when the marines went in so the queen was secure enough to start producing eggs, i mean remeber the queen is pretty vulnerable when shes creating eggs, theres possible soem downside the the baffing thing which means that the queens dont do it all the time only as an emergency thing? and people are still going on about the egg morphine idea seen in the deleted scenes of alien, any idea why it wasnt included in the finish version of the film? not just because it changed the atmosphere of teh film but more importantly - it was a crap idea lol.

so before you go on slagging the strauses about adding things in that werent in the films originally, just remember every one else has since after teh first alien and predator films

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

The idea that the Alien would take traits from the host was an idea that the Alien creators thought up.

It was an idea prevelant even in the initial Starbeast scripts (which was the precursor of Alien).  Fincher didn't think that up in Alien 3.

In Aliens, we'd already seen the eggs, and knew they had to come from somewhere.  With Scott leaving out the crew turning into egg scene in the original movie, Cameron was just filling in the blanks. 

Neither director/writing team just came up with stuff out of thin air, both ideas were based on concepts seen in the original movie.  Maybe less so with Aliens, but then again, the Aliens logic made perfect sense. 

Haven't seen what lays the eggs before in the first movie.   Hmmmm.

Predalien91

Predalien91

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 28, 2007, 05:44:41 PM

That's bacically it...its transforming to a Queen and doesn't lay eggs for some reason...

He's most defiantly a sexual predator then :D. That more F**ked up then the facehugger method. For some reason I feel their may be a little criticizim  from parents. Some stupid parents take their young kids to these movies despite being R. I not gonna let my brothers see this one, I don't need them saying "whats the predalien trying to do?"

This movie makes Paul Andersons movie look like the teletuppies

Major Alan Schaefer

doing bout the same thing a facehugger does

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Predalien91 on Oct 28, 2007, 06:03:57 PM
Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 28, 2007, 05:44:41 PM

He's most defiantly a sexual predator then :D. That more F**ked up then the facehugger method. For some reason I feel their may be a little criticizim  from parents. Some stupid parents take their young kids to these movies despite being R. I not gonna let my brothers see this one, I don't need them saying "whats the predalien trying to do?"

This movie makes Paul Andersons movie look like the teletuppies

Its obviously a reference to the original movie.  But it feels as though its added just for the sake of being hardcore.

lucan khan

lucan khan

Quote from: Kimarhi on Oct 28, 2007, 06:02:46 PM
The idea that the Alien would take traits from the host was an idea that the Alien creators thought up.

It was an idea prevelant even in the initial Starbeast scripts (which was the precursor of Alien).  Fincher didn't think that up in Alien 3.

In Aliens, we'd already seen the eggs, and knew they had to come from somewhere.  With Scott leaving out the crew turning into egg scene in the original movie, Cameron was just filling in the blanks. 

Neither director/writing team just came up with stuff out of thin air, both ideas were based on concepts scene in the original movie.  Maybe less so with Aliens, but then again, the Aliens logic made perfect sense. 

Haven't seen what lays the eggs before in the first movie.   Hmmmm.

wells whos to say that the original idea was for the drones to lay the eggs, giger came up with the alien right? well he sure as hell had nothing to do with teh queen because he was completely cut out from aliens, the put is things have been added in before so why get so worked up about this

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Quote from: lucan khan on Oct 28, 2007, 05:50:13 PM
i think you guys are taking this thing abit too seriously, i mean you have to get some thing new into a film otherise its just same and the one before, every has done to the alien films starting with cameron: enter the queen, then fincher: enter the hybrids, same the predator, at what point during predator do you get the hint that they travel around in groups? u just see him dumped off at the beginning, he could have meant to be the last of his kind and for some reason abandoned hi main ship, predator 2 comes in and suddenly theres more of them, we see evidence that they go to other planets, we see evidence theyve hunted aliens, and that travel together.

how is that different to what is being done in avpr? the "new" RC is just something we havent seen yet, in aliens the nest was nicely established when the marines went in so the queen was secure enough to start producing eggs, i mean remeber the queen is pretty vulnerable when shes creating eggs, theres possible soem downside the the baffing thing which means that the queens dont do it all the time only as an emergency thing? and people are still going on about the egg morphine idea seen in the deleted scenes of alien, any idea why it wasnt included in the finish version of the film? not just because it changed the atmosphere of teh film but more importantly - it was a crap idea lol.

so before you go on slagging the strauses about adding things in that werent in the films originally, just remember every one else has since after teh first alien and predator films

Well, Aliens on a small Earth town, in present day, is pretty much new... Not smart or what fans would have wanted, but a novelty nonetheless... ;D

And I have extensively shown that this RC's 'novelty' is not the issue, but how out-of-canon it is... with movie evidence...

Laziness in script writing is not excusable...

It is the screenwriter's job to find credible settings and situations, not invent them and destroy continuity in the process...

If a scene fails, it is due either to the director not shooting it right, or the screenwriter not making it right and credible, or both...

Now, if you invent a new Alien 'feature' that clearly contradicts what is canonical since 1997 and earlier, now THIS is inexcusable, because it smells like lack of ingenuity to find novelty WITHIN what is there already...

Colin seems to forget that concepts are valuable AS concepts, not needing to be seen onscreen, as SiL has correctly explained...

This 'wait till you see the movie' is just sheep-herding from his part, trying ever so flimsy to convince us that this will LOOK good rather than SOUND awful... ::)

This is a 'trap movie', namely the more people will see it, the more leeway and justification they will have for making more departures iin the next installment... because if fans can accept this, they can accept anything... :o

Major Alan Schaefer

great agrueement minus the main point is wrong...its not agianst cannon

Predalien91

Predalien91

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 28, 2007, 06:04:41 PM
doing bout the same thing a facehugger does

Yea you got a point. Maybe its because hes more human like. Thats maybe what makes it so wrong, but still I like the new method overall. It makes since only. Lets say the facehuggers impregnated everything on earth, and their were only aliens left, no hosts. Their all dead and the aliens overan. How would the species stay alive and not go extinct. Now they can convert to a reproduction system like ours so their not limited.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed