Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 198,806 times)

megachu17

megachu17

besides, using the regurgitation method would be dangerous for a queen, it would mak mor sence to throw countless facehuggers at a pred than risk the queens safty 2 do the vomit method.

Pred-Xeno

Pred-Xeno

Uhh...I wasn't here for the whole fight and agruement but I guess this pretty much creates something new, even if I'm not totally happy about this its okay I just want to see how they work it out. Still I don't completely understand the whole new reproduction method ?

Stalker

Stalker

The theory that the regurgitation method spawns the developing Queen's "personal guards" is quite plausible, & I'm actually liking it.

It would also make sense that once the Queen reaches maturity, she would no longer need this ability, as she would be laying eggs, & have her entire hive gathering hosts to spawn new offspring.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Wow... reading the arguments on this part of the forum has really, really, really shown me some things and all I have to say is this:

I'm with Colin on this-- we HAVEN'T seen what a PredAlien can do. And although it is something relatively new and odd, I find it to be fascinating and well thought out. Perhaps this is why Predators relentlessly NEED to kill PredAliens.

And arguing with the Director of what would be considered a Winter Blockbuster... WOW!! Just WOW!! Talk about forcing your vision down on a director who has already completed the filming.

All I can say is, if you're not happy, then find a budget with over 30,000 dollars, get a camera and make your own movie.

Colin, I'm with ya buddy and I LOVE how things are being expanded upon.

-Rakai'Thwei

The Necronoir

The Necronoir

I'm not sure there's even any point weighing in here, considering it's probably going to get lost in the hysterics, but here goes.

I'm not totally against this new idea, but I do find myself very critical of it. I'm sure no one, even the Strause's, would reproach anyone for that. It is a rather radical inclusion, after all, and who wants a fan-base that dumbly sits there and accepts everything that's thrown at it. A healthy level of criticism helps to keep the franchise to a certain standard, which is exactly what prompted the Strause's to want to do this movie after seeing the last one.

My primary concern is not that this is out of sync with the feel of the alien species, indeed it's very much in the spirit of the first movie. But I am concerned that it makes the life-cycle we've known up until this point rather superfluous. Surely laying eggs which sit around relying on some stupid creature to come and poke them is terribly inefficient if the aliens also have the ability to impregnate people directly. This system has the clear advantages of mobility and selection over the egg-laying system, which is both static and ruled by chance.

The potential problem is thus, if they have this ability earlier, why would they ever abandon it in favour of one which is clearly less efficient?

I'm going to wait and see how this is portrayed and dealt with in the film itself before I start going ballistic. I think a large part of its acceptability will come down to how it translates emotionally. If it's dark, disgusting, and wrong I'll most likely embrace it. If it just falls on its face and looks goofy then obviously I'll have an issue with it.

Considering that it is going to be in the film, whether we like it or not, I do hope that it sheds some light on the hive process as well. Either having the impregnated victim start to grow tumorous hive material out of its body, which both restrains it and creates a suitable environment for the next, or to show the predalien impregnating and then cocooning the victim could potentially be very interesting.

Thus speaks the voice of reason.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Stalker on Oct 27, 2007, 12:43:46 AM
The theory that the regurgitation method spawns the developing Queen's "personal guards" is quite plausible, & I'm actually liking it.

It would also make sense that once the Queen reaches maturity, she would no longer need this ability, as she would be laying eggs, & have her entire hive gathering hosts to spawn new offspring.

oh no..i just received a horrible thought. When you said the queen's bodyguards, i thought of "Praetorians" or the queen's "royal guard". Please tell me that different aliens other than warriors will not be produced by this reproductive cycle. That is as non-canon as stuff in some of the comics. That's closer to the avp arcade game than something that should be in a film.
This would be the last straw indeed. Since we know there were no praetorians to guard the queen in aliens, only a couple warrior aliens. (seen in the scene where ripley is about to torch the eggs and the queen orders them to back off)
Even worse would be if the aliens produced were predaliens. So they would be predalien praeotrians. (Didn't someone suspect more than one predalien in the film? :o)

megachu17

megachu17

necronoir, u sould read the post i put on page 29, i think it would mak sence that the queen would hav this method early on so she can create som drones 2 protect herself, but 1nce thats done, she sould use a safer method(insted of walking right up 2 a potentaly dangerous host), lik, creating eggs and using the drones 2 collect hosts and/or disperse the eggs.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Oct 27, 2007, 12:44:42 AM
And arguing with the Director of what would be considered a Winter Blockbuster... WOW!! Just WOW!! Talk about forcing your vision down on a director who has already completed the filming.
Or maybe it's just showing how the director's vision sucks ass, goes against what we've seen and makes themselves out to be a bit flimsy on their definition of 'not breaking canon'?

The only difference between Colin and any other moronic fanboy out there is that Colin's ideas become canon.

The Chibi Kiriyama

QuoteI'm with Colin on this-- we HAVEN'T seen what a PredAlien can do. And although it is something relatively new and odd, I find it to be fascinating and well thought out. Perhaps this is why Predators relentlessly NEED to kill PredAliens.

Here's the thing, though...Colin is clearly saying that this is a stage for ALL Queens before they start the egg laying cycle, which really has nothing to do with the PredAlien itself. That's contradictory to the previous films that have shown that they're born that way. It relies a lot on speculation that Aliens just molt into Queens on the occasion, which is a bit of a jump for a professional film.

QuoteAll I can say is, if you're not happy, then find a budget with over 30,000 dollars, get a camera and make your own movie.

I'm not about to join the "this movie sucks" camp, but Dead End was made and got praise from people within the industry.

megachu17

megachu17

iv only seen a queen being born in A:R, and u could just as easily say thats not consistent with the spieces since they were a geneticly mutated straind. maybe the A:R aliens lost some of there exoticness in the splicing. and to my knowledge they dont say much about the queens early life in aliens

Gates

Gates

Quote from: megachu17 on Oct 27, 2007, 12:52:59 AM
iv only seen a queen being born in A:R, and u could just as easily say thats not consistent with the spieces since they were a geneticly mutated straind. maybe the A:R aliens lost some of there exoticness in the splicing. and to my knowledge they dont say much about the queens early life in aliens

I guess it was an imaginary Queen that bursted from Ripley at the end of Alien 3...

Stalker

Stalker

Quote from: ballzanya on Oct 27, 2007, 12:47:07 AM
oh no..i just received a horrible thought. When you said the queen's bodyguards, i thought of "Praetorians" or the queen's "royal guard". Please tell me that different aliens other than warriors will not be produced by this reproductive cycle. That is as non-canon as stuff in some of the comics. That's closer to the avp arcade game than something that should be in a film.

Praetorians are still considered non-canonical, although there was never any solid reason for the guards to be any different than the other aliens, just more protective of their developing Queen.

Another possible explanation is the egg-morphing theory. After all, the original drone in Alien looked as though it was morphing both Dallas & Brett...which seems to contradict the idea that it was creating a new Queen. The predalien was not spawned in such a way, & it is apparently a Queen in development, so it's a high possibility that the original alien was as well, & was preparing to spawn its guards. The regurgitation method of implantation could very well be how the egg-morphing process begins in the first place.

TheAncientEnemy

Quote from: echobbase79 on Oct 27, 2007, 12:38:35 AM
Well, this is a different Alien creation all together and Predaliens weren't in the Alien films so how does this contradict those movies?

This being is totally different from the alien because its a hybrid. I guess it makes sense to have it's own way of producing. I don't know, pretty weird shit.

It's a "hybrid" in the same sense that an alien coming out of a human is a "hybrid." Personally I think calling it the "hybrid" is odd because it implies that it was created in a lab or something. Any alien that punches out of any host will be just as much a "hybrid" as the predalien. It's just an alien like any other.

I suppose one could argue that the only aspect of the alien life cycle that is not affected by a host's characteristics is the facehugger which comes directly from the egg.

Hybrid PM

Hybrid PM

The question still remains, will we see the predalien molt or start molting into a bigger queen at some point in the movie???

SiL

SiL

I'm still clinging on to my genetic freak idea.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed