Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 198,796 times)

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Dragonblaster on Oct 26, 2007, 07:56:04 PM
I actually like the idea.
When there is no Queen the alpha alien has the ability to extend the hive this way. It doesn't f**k up the life cycle at all since we've never seen such a thing in the progress before, although this might show what happened to Lambert. And I think it's a something new and kinda terrifying. Don't think of vomiting. Think about the sexual aspect of that thing: practically it's like the Alien's forcing it's semen into the victim's mouth. Now that's really disturbing....  :o

DB

aliens don't have semen first of all. Secondly lambert was not egg morphed.

Master

Master

They are now unofficialy treated as another P.Anderson aka. "screwer of the francises".

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Master on Oct 26, 2007, 07:58:53 PM
QuoteDisrespectful? So the fans are supposed to just shut their mouths and not complain about anything, and let the alien and predator franchises they grew up on, just disintegrate at the asinine new directions taken in the latest film to feature them?
First of all let me state that I have never been negative just for the sake of it, I tried to give everything a chance. I didn't just make up my mind that this movie was going to be bad, solely based on what I saw in the first avp, even though some people might indeed have. But there are things which you can't ignore. If something makes no sense, who can you blame other than the people responsible for it?
I was rooting for the strausse brothers, I was enthusiastic about lots of shit in this film, but this turn of events is just lame. I never expected such a disapointment as this. Makes you wonder what other disapointments are in store.
I think that you did not understand me. Disrespectful, is what they are doing with francise now. Things for which we loved Alien are now being changed for cheaper retarded version, just to save money given for production of this film. This is sad. Just sad that we who love those films (alien series , predator serise) the most, are now being treated as mojority of kids that will buy crap anyway.

oh ok. you meant disrespectful TO the fanbase not FOR. lol.
Engllish not your first language?

Master

Master

No it isn`t and I`am also really tired today. Sorry for the mistake.

Major Alan Schaefer

Well, honestly its not that bad, its not destroying cannon because no one ever said its never happened and second it could have something to do with it being a Predalien. we've never seen one before so it is posible Aliens adapt, if it is a "Ultimate surviver" then it can adapt and you get anger for it adapting? Not the best idea but i mean honestly do you think when people saw Aliens they said, "What the Heck we never shall that thing before that shouldn't happen because the origanal didn''t have it" if you want a sequal to Alien that doesn't have anything new in it you will have aboreing movie and might as well hand them the script from "Alien" and have them make that. If anyything this makes Aliens Scarier and more dangerours

Master

Master

For me it`s make them just to simple and out of taste.

tommygun

tommygun

Don't worry the hype machine will kick into full gear soon..all our questions will be answered and all our worries will be put to rest...Have Faith!!!!

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: Master on Oct 26, 2007, 08:08:55 PM
to simple? it makes themm more complex....gives them more reproduction ways

ace3g

ace3g

How about everyone just watch the movie and then make judgments on it.  No one has said there won't be any eggs, have they?

So just wait for the movie to come out, go see it, then come back here and complain if there is something wrong because right now all everyone is doing is speculating on statements from the press here and there

SiL

SiL

I really do hate this.

"Shut up and see the movie."

Great! Screw the advertisement, just see it anyway.

Darkness

Darkness

I've not read this thread but I don't get what the quote means. Is it about egg morphing or what? How's it supposed to work? I wish they wouldn't screw with the life cycle like this.

Master

Master

Quote from: ace3g on Oct 26, 2007, 08:13:05 PM
How about everyone just watch the movie and then make judgments on it.  No one has said there won't be any eggs, have they?

So just wait for the movie to come out, go see it, then come back here and complain if there is something wrong because right now all everyone is doing is speculating on statements from the press here and there

Of course! We will just let the war to start, because evidences from spys and our own inteligence are not reliable enough.

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 26, 2007, 08:11:28 PM
Quote from: Master on Oct 26, 2007, 08:08:55 PM
to simple? it makes themm more complex....gives them more reproduction ways

Yeah simple. Original reproduceing method was much more complexed and interesting. Cuting out few parts form reproduction cylce, can`t be honestly called "more complex" can it?

ace3g

ace3g

First of all most fans of the Aliens and Predator are going to see the movie no matter what; I mean I had my doubts about the first AVP but I still saw it anyway and that was without advertisements.  I ended up hating it anyway but I still saw it.

I'm just saying everyone is basing their opinions on trailers, production shots, and interviews, yes I know that is all we have right now, but still go see the movie first and then state your opinion

Dragonblaster

Dragonblaster

Quote from: ballzanya on Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:46 PM
Quote from: Dragonblaster on Oct 26, 2007, 07:56:04 PM
I actually like the idea.
When there is no Queen the alpha alien has the ability to extend the hive this way. It doesn't f**k up the life cycle at all since we've never seen such a thing in the progress before, although this might show what happened to Lambert. And I think it's a something new and kinda terrifying. Don't think of vomiting. Think about the sexual aspect of that thing: practically it's like the Alien's forcing it's semen into the victim's mouth. Now that's really disturbing....  :o

DB

aliens don't have semen first of all. Secondly lambert was not egg morphed.

We didn't see what would have happened to Lambert. And then even if this new method didn't lead to egg-morphing (something I even find more ridiculous) wouldn't mean to f**k up the cycle.
Looking at ALIEN:
There's one Alien that wants to create a new hive.So it catches prey.
The egg (Brett) created by egg-morphing could have contained a queen hugger since the most important thing for a hive is the queen. Dallas doesn't necessarily have to transform into an egg, he could have been impregnated like the new method might show and give birth to a Chestburster. Same goes for Lambert.
When there's a new Queen eggs can be layed and a new cycle can begin.
Easy as that so where's a problem there ?

DB

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: Darkness on Oct 26, 2007, 08:17:51 PM
I've not read this thread but I don't get what the quote means. Is it about egg morphing or what? How's it supposed to work? I wish they wouldn't screw with the life cycle like this.
Well, we don't know...i don't think we even know if its offical or where it came from....but when people complain about changes in the life cycle...Aliens are adaptable that's their major trait. you think if a hive lost its Queen the Aliens would triddle their thumbs and wait to all be killed, no they'd adapt thus making them scaier

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed