Peter Weyland video ! ^^

Started by Snowdog, Feb 28, 2012, 07:16:01 PM

Author
Peter Weyland video ! ^^ (Read 150,437 times)

Vulhala

Vulhala

Quote from: Master on Mar 02, 2012, 12:33:48 AM
Quote from: Vulhala on Mar 02, 2012, 12:27:05 AM
In the AvP board, yes. Not here. We've already had complaints about this board being destroyed with canon arguments.

But it belongs as much here as in AvP board cause it refferes to both subjects. And please don`t remove my post cause whole point is lost that way, and I don`t think it was insulting or inappropriate.

Again, this thread is for discussing the video. I agree that it could have possible links to the AvP franchise, but this board is not about said franchise. It does not belong here.

As much as you wish to discuss its links to AvP, I have 5 members who've expressed a wish to keep the canon arguments out of it.

This is the Prometheus board, and I can't make it any clearer than that.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Well it's the 3rd month (March) because its March right now...

predxeno

predxeno

Will we be getting more TED videos in the future as part of this viral marketing campaign or will we getting different videos and such?

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Mar 01, 2012, 04:41:57 PM
It has Weyland Industries in it, the derelict has been seen, as well as the SJ itself.

What more do you need? IT IS CONNECTED TO ALIEN.
Well, techinically, as we know it...

a space jockey ship has been seen,

as well as dead space jockeys.

They're certainly not on LV-426, so it's highly likely that this is a new ship altogether.

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Mar 02, 2012, 01:43:54 AM
a space jockey ship has been seen,

as well as dead space jockeys.

They're certainly not on LV-426, so it's highly likely that this is a new ship altogether.

Wait, what?  I thought Prometheus was supposed to be this Alien prequel which everyone was talking about?  You're saying we're not even talking about the same Derelict ship or of LV-426?

SM

SM

Sure doesn't look like the Derelict from Alien.

Nor does the planet look much like LV-426.

But we'll never know till the film comes out.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Mar 02, 2012, 01:43:54 AM
Nothing is certain regarding that.

Quote from: SM on Mar 02, 2012, 01:53:49 AM
Sure doesn't look like the Derelict from Alien.
It's almost exactly the same :-\

SM

SM

Except for the one in Alien being all bendy and the one in the trailers not being all bendy.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: SM on Mar 02, 2012, 02:00:12 AM
Except for the one in Alien being all bendy and the one in the trailers not being all bendy.
:-\ One arm being slightly upturned hardly makes the two nearly-identical designs cancel each other out. Actually, the only real major difference between them is the lack of ovoid shapes over the vagina doors on the Prometheus derelict.

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

It doesn't matter if it's the same exact ship...it's the same CLASS of ship...so much so that we think 'ALIEN DERELICT' right off the bat. And in that ship are familiar looking Giger-like tunnels and a replica of the Jockey chair.

EVERYTHING is absolutely obvious, we've been having these same back and forth discussions FOR MONTHS about this and it's quite frankly like knocking your head against a cement door that's on top of dirt. If people are still questioning Prometheus' connection to ALIEN at this late stage they are either doing it to be funny, or it's willing ignorance. ;)

Lost Predator

Lost Predator

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Mar 02, 2012, 02:05:24 AM
It doesn't matter if it's the same exact ship...it's the same CLASS of ship...so much so that we think 'ALIEN DERELICT' right off the bat. And in that ship are familiar looking Giger-like tunnels and a replica of the Jockey chair.

EVERYTHING is absolutely obvious, we've been having these same back and forth discussions FOR MONTHS about this and it's quite frankly like knocking your head against a cement door that's on top of dirt. If people are still questioning Prometheus' connection to ALIEN at this late stage they are either doing it to be funny, or it's willing ignorance. ;)

That sentence sums it up nicely. Prometheus is so obvious taking place in the Alien universe. Its not a direct prequal to Alien but a prequal needless to say.

SM

SM

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 02, 2012, 02:04:36 AM
:-\ One arm being slightly upturned hardly makes the two nearly-identical designs cancel each other out. Actually, the only real major difference between them is the lack of ovoid shapes over the vagina doors on the Prometheus derelict.

Both arms are bent.

Obviously it's a Jockey ship, but it doesn't appear to be the same one from Alien - at least not yet.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

We can also waste time comparing the small differences in the Narcissus of ALIEN vs ALIENS's Narcissus.

I don't think comparing the derelicts will determine whether or not this is the same ship.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: SM on Mar 02, 2012, 02:13:58 AM
Both arms are bent.

Obviously it's a Jockey ship, but it doesn't appear to be the same one from Alien - at least not yet.
The original derelict looks different from angle to angle, as does the new one. I don't think Scott and his design team are losing any sleep over it. :P I still maintain that the only real difference are the missing ovoids. And maybe the fact that the undersides of the "wing ends" on the original were rounded, whereas they are blunter and flatter on the new one. I guess we'll have to wait til the first major leaks start coming in May before we find out whether they are intended to be the exact same ship. Ugh, the waiting...

SM

SM

QuoteWe can also waste time comparing the small differences in the Narcissus of ALIEN vs ALIENS's Narcissus.

What a load of horseshit.  Those were obviously supposed to be the same ship.

With these, there's enough differences with the basic structure at the moment to suggest they're the same kind of ship (like the Sulaco and Patna), but not one and the same.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed