Perfect Organism: The Unofficial Alien Saga Podcast (seeking ideas)

Started by ThisBethesdaSea, Feb 19, 2015, 04:10:20 PM

Author
Perfect Organism: The Unofficial Alien Saga Podcast (seeking ideas) (Read 30,325 times)

Darkness

Hicks is in the latest podcast talking about the fandom running up to Prometheus.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: SM on Oct 12, 2016, 11:22:04 PM
"The only exclusively Alien podcast of its kind"?

Oh yeah, I have the same reaction every time I hear that. Well, I guess, If you talk about 'em filthy Predators and God-forbidden AvP on your podcast you can't call it "Alien" podcast

Quote from: SM on Oct 12, 2016, 11:22:04 PM
The latest one for instance towards the end they're talking about the various films and how it's just their opinions and people shouldn't take it personally - fair enough.  Seconds later 'Everyone agrees Alien Resurrection was dogshit and worse than both the AvPs'...  And they seem to consistently push the erroneous line that Prometheus was generally disliked.

"Nobody can deny It was divisive-polarizing". JM is pretty agressive with his opinions

Quote from: SM on Oct 17, 2016, 05:07:18 AM
After enduring about 10 minutes of their ill-informed Alien Resurrection podcast, I think any feedback I left would come across a tad mean.

I prefer AvPG's one about Resurrection so much more. PO just tear Resurrection to pieces left and right with every opportunity they have

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Kradan on Sep 03, 2020, 07:35:12 AM
Oh yeah, I have the same reaction every time I hear that. Well, I guess, If you talk about 'em filthy Predators and God-forbidden AvP on your podcast you can't call it "Alien" podcast

4 years late on that joke  :P I still understand where they came from with that tagline, in that we're an Alien and Predator podcast, but I still like to poke JM for that one occasionally.

Quote"Nobody can deny It was divisive-polarizing". JM is pretty agressive with his opinions

I prefer AvPG's one about Resurrection so much more. PO just tear Resurrection to pieces left and right with every opportunity they have.

I think he chilled out with that over the years. As a duo, I think JM and Patrick bounce nicely off each other with their differing opinions. I still think Resurrection is fascinating how much of a mess that ended up.

Quote from: Darkness on Sep 03, 2020, 06:47:49 AM
Hicks is in the latest podcast talking about the fandom running up to Prometheus.

It was a fun chat, nice to throw back to that time. It was undeniably fun.

SM

Are they still gate keeping?

Darkness

I always wondered what happened to Christian Fowler. He was really active and then just disappeared after Prometheus came out.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 03, 2020, 08:11:23 AM

4 years late on that joke  :P I still understand where they came from with that tagline, in that we're an Alien and Predator podcast, but I still like to poke JM for that one occasionally.

Oh, I wasn't trying to make a joke even if it came out as one. It just irritates me how they use every opportunity to proclaim their self-importance

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 03, 2020, 08:11:23 AM
"Nobody can deny It was divisive-polarizing". JM is pretty agressive with his opinions

I prefer AvPG's one about Resurrection so much more. PO just tear Resurrection to pieces left and right with every opportunity they have.

I think he chilled out with that over the years. As a duo, I think JM and Patrick bounce nicely off each other with their differing opinions. I still think Resurrection is fascinating how much of a mess that ended up.

I find Patrick a better one of the two. In fact, I like every other co-host more than JM. He is like a big daddy who tries hard to come off as open-minded person and everybody tries to please him because he started the whole thing. Every time when somebody tries to praise Res or prequels or criticise Alien 3 he makes one stupid joke "Ok, insert name here, thank you for coming on our show". So, he's kinda making fun of himself but it gets old pretty fast. That's probably my main problem with him - he loves to say that Scott is repeating himself but himself repeats a lot of things ("Characters, characters, characters", " Ripley is my space mom" etc)

Quote from: SM on Sep 03, 2020, 08:22:54 AM
Are they still gate keeping?

No, they're not. At least that's what JM keep saying

Kradan

https://perfectorganism.podbean.com/e/ridley-scott-a-retrospective-interviewing-author-ian-nathan-1606262130/

JM managed to call AvPGalaxy podcast show "not purist" one and claim his own show to be the biggest Alien podcast show all in one episode

:D

SM

Does AvPG do lots of Blade Runner episodes then?

Kradan

Not that I can remember

SM

Nah, nor me.

AvPG does just what it says on the box - Alien vs Predator.  But not purist enough?

I guess them gates won't keep themselves...?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SM on Nov 30, 2020, 08:34:15 AM
I guess them gates won't keep themselves...?

This was my impression just from arguing in facebook chats, never even bothered with the podcast.

Kradan

Kradan

I still listen to the show and tbh the last episode was pretty enjoyable. It's just JM's overblown sense of self-importance that gets on my nerves sometimes

SiL

Their write up about their own script was nauseating.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SiL on Nov 30, 2020, 11:30:55 PM
Their write up about their own script was nauseating.

THIS WILL SAVE THE FRANCHISE

Local Trouble

Where can I read this script?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed