Two ALIEN TV Shows in the works (Rumour)

Started by Gazz, Feb 13, 2019, 11:17:16 PM

Author
Two ALIEN TV Shows in the works (Rumour) (Read 52,895 times)

Perfect-Organism

Jumping into the convo...

CainsSon

I have been gunning for this type of show for years. It is the only way to fix the franchise properly. Im willing to bet that one series will be A:CM based and veer into the AVP stuff or that they will eventually merge the main series with AVP. If they decide to keep them separate, Ive always thought 1 AvP ANIMATED series  would be great and the other exclusively all the corners of Alien franchise

The Old One

The Old One

After the roaring success of ACM, I doubt it'll have anything to do with Colonial Marines for some time, I could be wrong though.

I like the idea of an animated AVP Series and a live-action Alien Series, however the fact Ridley Scott's a producer on one makes me think that one of the two series will directly connect to, or even finish David's story- which is bizarre but considering the place Covenant ends in, you might need about ten episodes worth of runtime to finish the story. If that's the case I hope the budget's bigger than GOT.

Necronomicon II

Man, imagine, 10 episodes of juiciness, not to mention the characterisation you'll be able to pull off. Yep, I think things have got to the point where a series is necessary to flesh out all of Riddlez' crazy ideas.

Still Collating...

I would actually prefer for David's story to be finished in a series rather than in a movie for the very same reasons that were mentioned above. More screen time, more story, more development. I only do worry about the budget and quality of things. I have no idea about the budget of GOT, but knowing what a popular series it is, I can't imagine anything alien related getting the same budget as the insanely popular GOT. I hope I'm wrong though.
Also, I'd really be up for exploring the different time zones and even EU of the series. A season of AVP in the future, with marines. A season post A3 as a closed off, claustrophobic, more intimate, smaller scale story. Post A:R, a look at the new world of the more distant future. A season of David's finale and prequel stuff. I'd really be up for that if this was possible.

And here's me taking a stab at guessing the Watch part. I say animated/CGI mini series with Amanda. Have no clue about the complete run time. But knowing that people who know what's up are excited about it, I doubt it's shorter than 15 minutes, but I'd be surprised if it's anything longer than 60.
As I said, just guessing, not winding up my expectations, just having fun.

Necronomicon II

Ridley made a recent Hennessy commercial that looks better than most feature length movies. I wouldn't worry.

PsyKore

I'd rather Ridley complete his prequels in a third movie, if only form uniformity's sake. I think they're deserving enough to be a trilogy.

As far as a TV show, it would be cool if they could adapt some of the better books and comics and hopefully do them well. Make stories that aren't just related to the Ripley Alien saga.

HudsonGAMEOVERMANGAMEOVER

Quote from: PsyKore on Feb 16, 2019, 06:20:45 AM
I'd rather Ridley complete his prequels in a third movie, if only form uniformity's sake. I think they're deserving enough to be a trilogy.

As far as a TV show, it would be cool if they could adapt some of the better books and comics and hopefully do them well. Make stories that aren't just related to the Ripley Alien saga.

The problem is, Disney's Alan Horn makes the calls concerning the movies and if ALIEN: COVENANT didn't find an audience as the box office returns compared to PROMETHEUS reflect, it's hard from a business standpoint to spend another $100 million on ALIEN: AWAKENING or what Ridley had in mind. He's got RAISED BY WOLVES and then Disney's MERLIN SAGA aka THE LOST YEARS... maybe that's his way of getting into the good graces with Disney... but there is a new oversight group at 20th Century Fox when the Disney-Fox merger completes with Emma Watts taking over for Stacey Snider, and Watts will then be directly reporting to Alan Horn... TV/streaming opens a lot of doors because viewership, not box office is what drives those projects instead of ticket sales

Perfect-Organism

Tv streaming is the best way to close out Ridley's Alien prequels.  IMO.  This will allow for an in depth exploration into the engineers and the story will be fully extrapolated and fleshed out.  It would feel cheap if the prequel loose ends were tied up in 1 film.

I would love to see some more LV-223

BishopShouldGo

I am all for two Alien TV shows. 8)

Evanus

Evanus

Well, well, well... So many good souls TV shows!

The Old One

The Old One

I'm glad you said it.

Evanus

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Feb 16, 2019, 06:40:56 PM

Why stop at two?

The Alien Channel.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 17, 2019, 01:00:20 AM
Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Feb 16, 2019, 06:40:56 PM

Why stop at two?

The Alien Channel.

Because they would ruin the party with a bunch of Predators...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed