Predator: If It Bleeds - New Predator Anthology

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 02, 2016, 03:47:44 PM

Author
Predator: If It Bleeds - New Predator Anthology (Read 122,714 times)

Ultramorph

I would love a story featuring a really old Predator. Not just an Elder, but an actually elderly Predator. The only story that has really done that was Homeworld.

happypred

I don't think Bryan likes South China Sea that much.

grootsuit

grootsuit

Quote from: Ultramorph on Dec 01, 2017, 03:04:11 AM
I would love a story featuring a really old Predator. Not just an Elder, but an actually elderly Predator. The only story that has really done that was Homeworld.

logan in space

BryanThomasS

Quote from: happypred on Dec 01, 2017, 03:41:19 AM
I don't think Bryan likes South China Sea that much.

How about you let me speak for myself.

Xenomrph

South China Sea rules, it's my favorite Predator book and I'm really hoping it gets reprinted in the near future so more people can read it.

Bryan, there are some neat AvP comics out there that are worth a read. 'AvP: Duel' has the only Predalien in all of the comics and is one of two side-sequels to the original AvP comic/novel. AvP: Eternal is a really cool Predator story (and a large inspiration for the Predator: Concrete Jungle video game).

I think it'd be pretty cool to see a Predator anthology centered around the Lost Tribe from 'Predator 2' - a story about each of the Predators we see at the end of the movie, giving each of them a bit of backstory and personality. It could also be an opportunity to give some backstory to some of the crazy extraterrestrial skulls in the trophy case, as well.

BryanThomasS

All the stuff you guys want would take volumes. I will be glad if I get one or two more books.

Xenomrph

Quote from: BryanThomasS on Dec 01, 2017, 04:10:02 PM
All the stuff you guys want would take volumes. I will be glad if I get one or two more books.

Swing for the fences!

But yeah, my thought was that a Lost Tribe short story anthology would be its own dedicated volume.

Ultramorph

Push for that Terminator crossover! I'd love to see what you'd come up with.

Russ840

Got my signed book plate today. Thanks to all involved. I think I'll be buying a print copy for the shelf now. Just so I can stick the book plate in.

BryanThomasS

Quote from: Ultramorph on Dec 01, 2017, 05:04:54 PM
Push for that Terminator crossover! I'd love to see what you'd come up with.

Right now I am focused on finishing the last two signing dates this weekend, then Pred app next week amd.then publishing shuts down for the holidays.  By January we will have official salew numbers and I can push them on some proposals when they return. So I expect no new developments for a few weeks.  We shall see. But all things discussed are in the pike, so to speak.

Ultramorph

In the pipe, five-by-five?  :laugh:

BryanThomasS

BryanThomasS

pike, pipeline, tomato, tomahto... Yautja, Hish...

Whos_Nick

Hish confirmed for next anthology

Ultramorph

Quote from: BryanThomasS on Dec 02, 2017, 01:44:30 AM
pike, pipeline, tomato, tomahto... Yautja, Hish...

2017 and Hish nostalgia is kind of a thing.

BryanThomasS

BryanThomasS

Blackstone Audio says this is releasable. So...here is the breakdown for the audio book of PREDATOR: IF IT BLEEDS.

We're releasing the book on 2/27/18. This is a multi-narrator project with each story being read by a different narrator (all of whom are thrilled to be part of this compilation!)

Here's the cast list for you:
Introduction- Tom Taylorson
Devil Dogs- Nicol Zanzarella
Stonewall's Last Stand-Tom Taylorson
Rematch- Traber Burns
May Blood Pave My Way Home- Bradford Hastings
Storm Blood- Bahni Turpin
Last Report from the KSS Psychopomp- Emily Sutton-Smith
Skeld's Keep- Ulf Bjorklund
Indigenous Species- James Patrick Cronin
Blood and Sand- Andre Eiden
Tin Warrior- Scott Brick
Three Sparks- Feodor Chin
The Pilot- John Pruden
Buffalo Jump- Mark Bramhall
Drug War- Dan John Miller
Recon- Peter Berkrot
Gameworld- John McLain

Available as both MP3 and WMA versions on CD as well as via Audible. Predorder here:

Blackstone: https://www.blackstonelibrary.com/catalog/product/view/id/248755/

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Predator-If-Bleeds-others/dp/1538534061/ref=la_B004FRQ7XS_1_27?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1512275515&sr=1-27&refinements=p_82%3AB004FRQ7XS

Quote from: Whos_Nick on Dec 02, 2017, 06:27:21 AM
Hish confirmed for next anthology

This is not legally binding...   ;D

Signing today

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed