The Multiplayer previews/Hands-on Thread (Footage inside)

Started by ikarop, Oct 26, 2009, 04:19:36 PM

Author
The Multiplayer previews/Hands-on Thread (Footage inside) (Read 137,787 times)

kvon17

Pick ups for energy? No thanks. I'd like to keep this as far away from Quake as possible.

FrankO

Quote from: hudsoniscool on Nov 02, 2009, 06:28:27 PM
i also think the cloak should be inteupted when shot.when we are watching those vids from marine perspective i cant see the cloaked predator at all, but this could be do the quality of the cams. if the cloak doesnt get interupted when shot it will be qiut sadening. :'(

I agree totally.  I am so excited for this game that I am probably reading way too much into the demo videos, but the stealth kills look broken and with what I have seen of the Marines, most players will probably choose only from the Predators or Aliens.

I really hope Rebellion nails this game like they did the original Aliens Versus Predator.

xenomorph110

xenomorph110

I can't wait for this game there are some small minor problems but nothing that destroys the game anyway they will probably be listening to their fans and hear there issues with the game and hopefully fix them. Does anyone think the graphics are a bit off cus some of the previews are saying so.

randy4321

Quote from: xenomorph110 on Nov 02, 2009, 07:33:53 PM
I can't wait for this game there are some small minor problems but nothing that destroys the game anyway they will probably be listening to their fans and hear there issues with the game and hopefully fix them. Does anyone think the graphics are a bit off cus some of the previews are saying so.
Thats because they havent set it to its full optimal resolution. Thats why the graphics looks soo poor and gritty.

predalien27

Aliens should be the only ones that can stealth kill without being directly behind the enemy.

Ace

Quote from: xenomorph110 on Nov 02, 2009, 07:33:53 PM
yea dude the graphics will be great when it come out remember all the vids we have seen have all had work in progress on it

Inferno

Inferno

Quote from: predalien27 on Nov 02, 2009, 08:35:22 PM
Aliens should be the only ones that can stealth kill without being directly behind the enemy.

alien fan boy.
Quote from: kvon17 on Nov 02, 2009, 06:33:36 PM
Pick ups for energy? No thanks. I'd like to keep this as far away from Quake as possible.

Got a better idea? either that or the predator has something like "stim packs" of energy, lets say he has 3 for the grand total of 3 energy stim packs = 50% total energy, if he wants more energy in these packs, he needs to hit a recharge point that would again, give him 50% total energy possible. (you need to hit the recharge point twice for full energy.) Or the stim packs will work like avp2, except you can only do it a maximum of 1 - 3 times, and then need to hit a recharge point. when recharging you will be unable to fight, with the same alotted time as giving yourself health. (health takes 5 seconds, energy replenishment takes 5 seconds)

Quote from: FrankO on Nov 02, 2009, 06:40:44 PM
Quote from: hudsoniscool on Nov 02, 2009, 06:28:27 PM
i also think the cloak should be inteupted when shot.when we are watching those vids from marine perspective i cant see the cloaked predator at all, but this could be do the quality of the cams. if the cloak doesnt get interupted when shot it will be qiut sadening. :'(

I agree totally.  I am so excited for this game that I am probably reading way too much into the demo videos, but the stealth kills look broken and with what I have seen of the Marines, most players will probably choose only from the Predators or Aliens.

I really hope Rebellion nails this game like they did the original Aliens Versus Predator.

The cloak does distort when the predator gets hit, but it doesn't shut off.

9th_Stew

the pred shouldnt have to recharge at all but have marines/aliens be able to shoot the wrist gauntlet to destroy his/her cloak until they respawn.

kvon17

Quote from: Inferno on Nov 02, 2009, 09:53:05 PM

Got a better idea?

Yeah. It's what they're doing right now. The predator's weapons are too powerful for there to be no risk involved in using them.

randy4321

The Gamepro interview makes this game seem like so much fun!

Steve C

How about instead of forcing the predator to get to random recharge spots on the map, we make him self-sufficient like in the films?  With a little bit of creativity, balance does not have to be sacrificed in order to stay true to the movies.  The energy sift was a decent solution in my opinion. 

Or, you could just give the predator unlimited energy (advanced technology = awesome batteries).  This may seem unfair, but by limiting things like rate of fire on the shoulder cannon, and taking away the retarded homing plasma bolt and having the shoulder cannon lead its target like it did in the first game, I see no problem with this strategy at all.

MadassAlex

Consider the first two movies and the space of time between the use of energy weapons.

Consider how quickly energy recharges by itself in this game.

Tomar

Tomar

Quote from: MadassAlex on Nov 03, 2009, 12:39:08 AM
Consider the first two movies and the space of time between the use of energy weapons.

Consider how quickly energy recharges by itself in this game.

Sorry but the predator had in the first two movies for the timeframe of the movies easily unlimited energy as his energy reserves can last "under use" ~10 years ;). In short he had in the movie nearly limitless energy and thats actually canon ;).

Quickly?! Like in AvP 1 :P? Nah you know that Mada**alex that this is not quickly but rather a dissappointment to THE high-tech species of this game and the entire franchise. I'd even dare to say that its a slap to the face, however for balances sake its o.k. to find an acceptable solution for the energy of the predator but the sifter already based on a near perfect principle for this, so why take it away and make him dependent on other sources for his energy then rather following canon and either adding a dedicated device or making him have energy the entire time but that would again result in being a bit over the top wouldn't it?! Do you get now that the sifter is based on a near perfect principle for his energy management ;).

You and I know it and I guess the rest, too ... just Rebellion obviously not ... . However their reason is quite obvious try to bring in a bit more spice into the combat by mixing things up ... eh oh sorry I mean by imbalancing things up :P ;).

newbeing

Maybe in outdoor levels the predator could climb a tall tree and get hit by lightning ala Predator 2 to recharge its energy.  :P

MadassAlex

I was saying that the game's recharge mechanic is a good representation of unlimited energy, because if you're patient and use your energy weapons sparingly, it won't be a problem.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed