The Multiplayer previews/Hands-on Thread (Footage inside)

Started by ikarop, Oct 26, 2009, 04:19:36 PM

Author
The Multiplayer previews/Hands-on Thread (Footage inside) (Read 137,764 times)

yaji

Puks

Why none of these? Why are they replaced by a stupid fugly bar on the bottom? WHY?!

Okata

Haha, damn that was awesome. Totally something you'd see happen, the panicked backpedal followed by a swift execution.

Corporal Hicks

Something of the past? I have no problem with the HUDS, they're absolutely fine.

mattjargon

He was shooting just to the left of the alien as he came in for the kill, hah.

affinity

yeah Ripley plugged more bullets in her first alien than that Marine.

randy4321

Quote from: affinity on Oct 30, 2009, 12:14:08 AM
yeah Ripley plugged more bullets in her first alien than that Marine.

yeah, same with kelly.

XxecutionerxX

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 29, 2009, 11:56:21 PM
Something of the past? I have no problem with the HUDS, they're absolutely fine.
Coming from someone who already PLAYED the game and his not complaining.

Corporal Hicks

They provide the information you need to know. Nothing more, nothing less. They're appropriate for the most part different from older versions.

Puks

I'll bitch and moan all I want cause that predator HUD just isn't right.

See what i mean?

Brother

Well put. Would be even better if the pred screen was in zoom.

Tomar

Tomar

Quote from: XxecutionerxX on Oct 30, 2009, 12:27:07 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 29, 2009, 11:56:21 PM
Coming from someone who already PLAYED the game and his not complaining.

Well even if Hicks played the game it does not mean that his opinion about the game will be same for everyone out there ;).

I understand Puks, however I think there are more stressing things out there that needs attention but I would not mind having the good'ol Predator symbols back.

The old system actually provided more detailed informations regarding your health and energy because it was more "differentiated" and more "structured" as every small symbol bar represent a glimpse of your health and you were able to measure your overall health better this way and the same accounts for the energy while they now have made them to some big blocks that you can not measure exactly how much health and or energy you have. It also seems that you have less energy to start with or lets say it at least looks so but thats something that Hicks could certainly tell us in more detail ;).

MadassAlex

Quote from: Puks on Oct 30, 2009, 12:34:53 AM
I'll bitch and moan all I want cause that predator HUD just isn't right.

I think the new one is better presented. The Predator HUDs weren't very intuitive as they were unclear and used that f**ktarded Predator counting system instead of adding those health and energy blips in a clearly readable manner.

Two bars are strides ahead of that.

Xhan

Quote from: Brother on Oct 29, 2009, 11:04:42 PM
You need HUD. You don't need stuff.
Jump mechanic is in the way. Zooming is in the way. Jaw cam is in the way.

But you want it to have your babies because it's COOL. Rebellion said so.

and also Awesome.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed