Prey Catch All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

Author
Prey Catch All Thread (Read 328,401 times)

Master

Master

I tend to judge film by what's on screen.

Preddie-nokas

Preddie-nokas

This Predator from Prey movie is probably the most stupid Predator so far. I can't believe it was possible but he is actually more stupid that Ultimate Predator from 2018.

He doesn't hide, he reveals himself in each situation, he is not stealthy, he steps in front of pistol and looks like idiot while somebody is targeting him. He badly injures himself by cutting his own arm, etc. And obviously, he doesn't know how his mask works, so he kills himself with arrows. Maybe this Predator is retarded or has autism (2018 idea).

Predator didn't kill Naru because she was trapped, but he killed man with amputated leg without weapons ? Where is logic or honor code in that ?

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Who said there was a clear honor code to respect in the first place ?

426Buddy

426Buddy

Part of me wonders if the reason people are trying  so desperately to diminish this Predator  is because he was defeated by a woman.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Possibly.

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Preddie-nokas on Aug 29, 2022, 12:30:03 PMThis Predator from Prey movie is probably the most stupid Predator so far. I can't believe it was possible but he is actually more stupid that Ultimate Predator from 2018.

He doesn't hide, he reveals himself in each situation, he is not stealthy, he steps in front of pistol and looks like idiot while somebody is targeting him. He badly injures himself by cutting his own arm, etc. And obviously, he doesn't know how his mask works, so he kills himself with arrows. Maybe this Predator is retarded or has autism (2018 idea).

Predator didn't kill Naru because she was trapped, but he killed man with amputated leg without weapons ? Where is logic or honor code in that ?

French dude had a weapon and it was pointed at Feral. Even if he was injured, he was armed and aiming. Naru didn't show her weapon when caught in her trap, and he watched the French men take her. Observing and hunting, like Predators do.

Preddie-nokas

Preddie-nokas

I was not thinking about that dude, but the dude who gave Naru pistol for orange flower. He was pretending to be dead, didn't attack Predator, and Predator killed him.

And that idea that orange flower will give you invisibility on thermal camera, god such a stupid idea. Even if flower somehow lowers your body temperature, it will be by 1-2 degrees, which would do nothing for thermal view. If flower would somehow lower your temperature by some meaningful degree, you would die due to hypothermia. Also Naru couldn't know what thermal view is, and by following movie logic why Predator saw her in the final battle when he was without a mask ?

I can understand almost anything, except how stupid the Predator was. He was cocky, always roared like some kind of idiot, constantly visible, going in direct combat, standing there in the open, standing in front of the pistol, cutting his own hand, killing himself. IQ of this Predator was max 60-70. If Jungle Hunter behaved like this, he would be killed at the beginning of the movie.

Necronomicon II

Necronomicon II

Lol he was being a cocky bastard in front of that pistol, he knew the bullet wouldn't penetrate. Feral is just cocky and arrogant all round. Probably an adolescent; probably has peers back home that perspire over meaningless minutiae online as well. 🤣

That damn jerky he makes sure is fine though.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

The mud covering making you invisble to thermal imagery is also not believable at all.

Preddie-nokas

Preddie-nokas

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Aug 29, 2022, 02:58:39 PMThe mud covering making you invisble to thermal imagery is also not believable at all.

For a very short amount of time mud can block heat dissipation, but very soon mud will become warm and dry. But orange flower, is plain stupid.

Mythbusters tested mud, and yeah, it will not work either for more than several seconds. But we don't know how sensitive Predator's thermal vision is, considering he can space travel, it should be extremely sensitive.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

It is pretty much real and can be likely used as shown as much as the mud can in real life if not more so honestly.

From the bulk of the article:

"However, with that said, the flower seems to have a lot in common with calendula plants. Like those depicted in Prey, calendula flowers are bright orange in color and have been used for centuries both in cooking and for medical purposes.

During the Civil War, the flower was also used to stop bleeding from combat wounds, just as Naru uses it to treat one of the French hunters after a Predator cut his leg. In addition, calendula flowers are also known to relieve fever and treat severe infections, which may explain why Naru gives them to wounded warriors and applies them to their wounds.

Naru becomes invisible to the Predator when she ingests the orange flower because the flower reduces her body temperature. It likely does so by dilating her blood vessels, which allows blood to flow to her skin's surface and remove heat from her body's core."

Preddie-nokas

Preddie-nokas

Your link doesn't work, I tried to find sources:
https://www.somagnews.com/is-the-orange-flower-prey-real-and-how-dangerous-is-it/

"Since Naru and her mother use the local name "orange tutsia" to describe the flower, it is difficult to determine whether it is real or exists only in the Prey universe."

426Buddy

426Buddy

Intergalactic tribal trophy hunter? Sure I can buy that.

Plant that lowers body temperature? Ridiculous!

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Calendula flowers! Absolutely ridiculous.

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: Preddie-nokas on Aug 29, 2022, 12:30:03 PMThis Predator from Prey movie is probably the most stupid Predator so far. I can't believe it was possible but he is actually more stupid that Ultimate Predator from 2018.

I'm going to ignore most of this because I've already talked about it and I don't want to type that all out again lol
But, feral killed adolini because when he stepped on him the guy popped up screaming. I don't know about you, but if a guy I thought was dead suddenly popped up screaming near me, it would startle me too. His reaction to that was reflexive; all fight no flight. He killed adolini out of reflex when startled. What's hard to believe about that?

Quote from: Preddie-nokas on Aug 29, 2022, 01:46:25 PMI was not thinking about that dude, but the dude who gave Naru pistol for orange flower. He was pretending to be dead, didn't attack Predator, and Predator killed him.

And that idea that orange flower will give you invisibility on thermal camera, god such a stupid idea. Even if flower somehow lowers your body temperature, it will be by 1-2 degrees, which would do nothing for thermal view. If flower would somehow lower your temperature by some meaningful degree, you would die due to hypothermia. Also Naru couldn't know what thermal view is, and by following movie logic why Predator saw her in the final battle when he was without a mask ?

I can understand almost anything, except how stupid the Predator was. He was cocky, always roared like some kind of idiot, constantly visible, going in direct combat, standing there in the open, standing in front of the pistol, cutting his own hand, killing himself. IQ of this Predator was max 60-70. If Jungle Hunter behaved like this, he would be killed at the beginning of the movie.

A 1 to 2 degree drop in body temp correlates to a recently dead body being dead for about an hour or so. Adolini wasn't invisible to feral. You can see him through feral's point of view. But he was cool enough that feral probably though he was dead recently; body temp being below normal.
Plus, we don't know how the mask augments his view. Maybe it filters things out so he can focus more on his targets. We see that in predator 1 actually. None of the trees looked blue once that mask came off. Perhaps the mask saw a lower temp and de-emphasized that part of image. Just a thought.

*Edit: just a quick addition. If I saw a guy missing half his leg with a trail of blood behind it, I would have believed him to be recently dead too (especially if I could also see his body temp and that it was a couple degrees below normal).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed