Aliens Colonial Marines Story Trailer

Started by Darkness, Dec 26, 2012, 09:13:42 AM

Author
Aliens Colonial Marines Story Trailer (Read 75,807 times)

Darkness

IGN have just uploaded a new trailer for Aliens Colonial Marines. It starts off with Cpl Dwayne Hicks sending a transmission about LV-426 and the Captain explaining the mission to a group of marines. 

You’ll also spot Bishop in the middle of the trailer.

shadowedge

Ok this was awesome. Hicks! Bishop! Besides those characters the trailer showed that the game might have a really interesting story. This trailer makes me feel a lot better about the game. It was so cool.

chrisr232007

Looks GREAT!!!!

scarhunter92

Looking good!

ScardyFox

I'm ready! Give it to me!

AMC_Duke

im the only one who thinks the gfx get worse every time a new trailer releases?

on the other hand i love this trailer cool to see Hicks!  i cant wait for this Game!

Sleip

Really nice trailer! but wait is that Hicks in 1:10 ? sure looks like him  :D

Esoteric_Voyage

oh my god.. i don't believe it..

it looks like Hicks is going to be alive and well in this story.

suggesting the company.. weyland yu-tani, boarded the sulaco and sabotaged it with the egg/aliens from LV-426. and whoever died with ripley as 'Hicks' was someone else.

at around 01:10, you see a man who's been masked with a bag over his face. this, i am sure is Hicks, its the same t shirt as what hicks is wearing in his video blog. and its also looking like the same arm bandage.

so the story will be based around some severe corruption going on in the company.. a nice shocking novelty, certainly matches up to the corruption we have found in the series.

i saw some very negative comments on IGN about voice acting and what not,i thought everything seemed fine. ?

AMC_Duke

they are Hardcore CoD Halo fanboys everything else sucks you know :-)

but this Hicks is alive stuff make me a sad panda  :'(  on the other side im realy interested to see how they pull that off

SpaceMarines

Eh...

Wasn't really planning to play this for the story, anyways.

We'll see. Might turn out good.

Esoteric_Voyage

Quote from: AMC_Duke on Dec 26, 2012, 10:10:27 AM
they are Hardcore CoD Halo fanboys everything else sucks you know :-)

but this Hicks is alive stuff make me a sad panda  :'(  on the other side im realy interested to see how they pull that off

im pretty certain that what this means for the story is:

weyland corporation sabotaged the sulaco while hicks, ripley and newt were in stassis. this will finally put to bed the 'plot hole' of alien 3's mystery egg. it can also put to bed any notion of a 'super face hugger' potentially. it might mean one hugger got to ripley and a 2nd one came on the EEV unit.

but since it appears that Hicks could very well be alive, it means weyland kept hicks alive, and put some other guy alongside bishop, newt and ripley in the EEV unit, and had him killed or disfigured before the crash.

weyland then took the sulaco to Furina 161 (whatverr the planet was called) staged the 'crash' and rerouted the sulaco back to LV-426. began its re-work on the planet again to study the alien ship. picked up ripley a week or so later back at furina.

weeks later, a battalion of the marine core is sent back to LV-426, in a bid by the company i assume, to create some more xenos maybe?

im sure im wrong here or there, but im sure that for the most part, that will be the story.

Xenomorphine

Why is Hicks pre-emptively stating he's KIA?

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Esoteric_Voyage on Dec 26, 2012, 10:21:34 AM
Spoiler

weyland corporation sabotaged the sulaco while hicks, ripley and newt were in stassis. this will finally put to bed the 'plot hole' of alien 3's mystery egg. it can also put to bed any notion of a 'super face hugger' potentially. it might mean one hugger got to ripley and a 2nd one came on the EEV unit.

but since it appears that Hicks could very well be alive, it means weyland kept hicks alive, and put some other guy alongside bishop, newt and ripley in the EEV unit, and had him killed or disfigured before the crash.

weyland then took the sulaco to Furina 161 (whatverr the planet was called) staged the 'crash' and rerouted the sulaco back to LV-426. began its re-work on the planet again to study the alien ship. picked up ripley a week or so later back at furina.

weeks later, a battalion of the marine core is sent back to LV-426, in a bid by the company i assume, to create some more xenos maybe?

im sure im wrong here or there, but im sure that for the most part, that will be the story.

[close]

That is nonsensical and convoluted to Rube Goldberg standards.

Predaker

Predaker

I called it. :laugh:

Esoteric_Voyage

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Dec 26, 2012, 10:29:14 AM
Quote from: Esoteric_Voyage on Dec 26, 2012, 10:21:34 AM
Spoiler

[close]

That is nonsensical and convoluted to Rube Goldberg standards.

can you share another interpretation?

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Dec 26, 2012, 10:27:22 AM
Why is Hicks pre-emptively stating he's KIA?

maybe he simply didn't mean himself?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed