Aliens Colonial Marines Story Trailer

Started by Darkness, Dec 26, 2012, 09:13:42 AM

Author
Aliens Colonial Marines Story Trailer (Read 75,803 times)

SM

SM

Quote from: Kimarhi on Dec 31, 2012, 11:19:16 PM
The only thing AvP2010 got right was the Marines.  Out of all the Alien related material released, combat arms Marines act more like those guys than any other potrayal in Aliens related media.

The kids got an X-Box for Christmas so I just picked me up a 2nd hand copy of AvP 2010 least week.  Not had a chance to play it yet.

Valaquen

The only thing AvP2010 got right was the Marines.  Out of all the Alien related material released, combat arms Marines act more like those guys than any other potrayal in Aliens related media.
Though Tequila was a nightmare to listen to.

MR EL1M1NATOR

Avp 2010 was good.

WinterActual

Quote from: Corporal Wilks on Jan 01, 2013, 01:26:30 AM

I know that the Bishop (WY suit) at the end was human...possibly. However I was referring to the same Bishop from 'Aliens' who Ripley turns back on in 'Alien' 3 to get information from and then decommissions him.
Oh... ok then!  :laugh:

Quote from: MR EL1M1NATOR on Jan 01, 2013, 07:51:29 AM
Avp 2010 was good.
It kinda was, yeah. I think the problem in AvP 2010 was not story wise but the gameplay decisions they've made. But I don't think that ACM' story will be worse than AvP 2010 story. It may be bad if we look at it canonical but as a story it may be pretty good.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: SM on Dec 31, 2012, 07:05:03 AM
QuoteThen why are they gurning about loading the game full of little details for fans to pore over?

Quite.

"Look how authentic it is!  Except for all the stuff that demonstrably isn't!!"
Depends on how you want to define "authentic", I guess. The way I see it, the game looks pretty authentic to me. The tone, the setting, the sounds, the gameplay experience the game aims to put the players through, all of it feels very 'Aliens' to me even if they're taking some (frankly, easy to overlook) liberties with the plot.

They're changing/introducing some things in order to tell the story they want to tell... just like literally every Alien movie has done to date with regard to its predecessors. The sooner people accept that and move on, the happier they'll be I think.

'Alien' had a scary monster that mercilessly stalked the characters, and (in a deleted scene) had a really grotesque and terrifying means of reproduction (and you can't tell me James Cameron wasn't aware of that scene when he wrote 'Aliens') and whoops 'Aliens' changed all that so that he could tell his 'Aliens' story the way he wanted to tell it.

'Aliens' had great characters surviving a harrowing adventure and then whoops 'Alien3' killed them all (2 of them offscreen during the opening credits) so that it could tell the story it wanted to tell.

'Alien3' offered closure for the main character of the franchise, showing that she'd finally beaten the demon that had completely ruined her life, and then whoops 'Alien Resurrection' brought her back from the dead so that it could tell the story it wanted to tell.

This game isn't exactly doing anything that hasn't been done before, storytelling-wise.

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Dec 31, 2012, 10:10:23 AM
Look, whatever they said about fans like us is a bull. This game is made for average CoD fan / console gamer, and they're well aware that they're stupid so probably the majority of gamers will swallow whatever bull gearbox concocted. We're marginalized.
Only the hardcore nitpickiest superfans are marginalized, and frankly rightly so. Like I said, you can't please people like that, and they're not enough of a moneymaking demographic to bother bending over backwards to try and please. This has been true of literally any franchise ever in the history of anything.
However this game appears to get way, way more "right" than it gets wrong, but we'll have to wait and see what the final game is like when it comes out.

SM

SM

QuoteDepends on how you want to define "authentic", I guess.

I'll just go with the normal everyday definition.

Corporal Hicks

Definitely agree there. I really enjoyed AvP' s Colonial Marines experience but overall, over all 3 campaigns, the story was weak. I'm interested to see where ACM goes.

SuperM

trailer was AmAZING OMFGOMGOGMOFMOGMOFGGGGGGGGGGGG :00000 :00 :0 :0 :0 :00000 :0 :0 best start to 1/1/2013, or as some may call it...Stardate 66469.1 :P

Xenomrph

Quote from: SM on Jan 01, 2013, 11:06:33 AM
QuoteDepends on how you want to define "authentic", I guess.

I'll just go with the normal everyday definition.
Yeah and by that definition, Colonial Marines fits.

Hicks.D

Hicks.D

I think that Hicks sent that transmission at the time Ripley went back to find Newt. The guy with the bag over his head in the trailer might be Hicks or Hudson managed to get free from the Alien that got him.Over all can't wait any chance of a demo Gearbox.

SuperM

wierzbowski???????????? was rumors of him before? :-X

Xenomrph

Quote from: SuperM on Jan 01, 2013, 09:02:34 PM
wierzbowski???????????? was rumors of him before? :-X
Ding ding ding.

SM

SM

QuoteI think that Hicks sent that transmission at the time Ripley went back to find Newt.

Doesn't look like the dropship in the background.

PsyKore

Hicks was out like a light when they landed back on the Sulaco, so I presume Bishop gave him "something for the pain" straight after Ripley and Hicks exchanged first names. There's just no way Hicks could send a message unless he was woken out of cryo-sleep later.

Vers

Vers

Quote from: PsyKore on Jan 02, 2013, 05:51:09 AM
Hicks was out like a light when they landed back on the Sulaco, so I presume Bishop gave him "something for the pain" straight after Ripley and Hicks exchanged first names. There's just no way Hicks could send a message unless he was woken out of cryo-sleep later.

His shirt also doesn't match when he was left on the dropship. I agree with you.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed