Estimates on Trailer Release?

Started by ace3g, Nov 28, 2017, 04:30:05 AM

Author
Estimates on Trailer Release? (Read 123,524 times)

ELDERCLANLEADER

Skull spitter , why are the marines doomed to fan fiction hell ?  Predator only attacks armed prey , the marines seem to be pretty good cannon fodder for that . That doesn't mean they all receive a cheap on screen death with no character development. To be fair it's unlikely we will see this vision anyway, but if Disney do go ahead with AVP , I hope it's more adult orientated , and not dumbed down
. One predator character from the comics I'd love to see brought to life is ahab. He's absolutely brilliant. Well written with a great vision that deserves more  imo.

Original Predator

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Apr 10, 2018, 12:08:52 PM
I have to admit I sort of enjoyed the first AVP too, but when all things considered, I wish the movie was never made now . When we think about all the films that have come out since , avp2 , predators , Prometheus and alien Covenant . Sure some were better than others but for me they all suffered a lack of quality in execution , and I'm convinced the original AVP kick started that trend . For me AVPs biggest mistake was dumbing down the creatures and and targeting a teenage audience . Alien and Predator is supposed to be violent and graphic , i feel that watering them down had a really damaging impact on both characters and we are still feeling that impact today . I could be wrong, but it's just the way it looks to me .

That's because the concept only works in the comic-book/video game form.  It's fun to pretend, and imagine such but it's not something that you can capture in a serious manner on film.  The overall concept is disruptive to the fact that a movie needs to suspend your belief for the allotted movie time.  There has to be some "connection" to characters or situation or setting, etc....along with other basic film concepts, villain, antagonists, hero, etc.  All "basics" a film needs to have as merely a starting point, are lost. 

It's a concept that's fun to think about, read about in comics, play with-with toys and video games, but it's not going to bear much fruit on the big screen.

Pred 2 was great in that it "hinted" at it, let the imagination come up with the rest. 

I will agree it was "fun" to see play out, AVP wasn't "horrible" (AVP2-even helped show it wasn't that bad, lol).  But it's not something I would ever wish for again.  But if the fanbase keeps consuming the material outside of film, who knows AVP-3 could be around the corner. Yikes!

ELDERCLANLEADER

Original predator I whole heartedly agree ! I don't want another avpg movie either , but if they were going to do one , it needs to be in space for me .

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Apr 10, 2018, 12:08:52 PM
I have to admit I sort of enjoyed the first AVP too, but when all things considered, I wish the movie was never made now . When we think about all the films that have come out since , avp2 , predators , Prometheus and alien Covenant . Sure some were better than others but for me they all suffered a lack of quality in execution , and I'm convinced the original AVP kick started that trend . For me AVPs biggest mistake was dumbing down the creatures and and targeting a teenage audience . Alien and Predator is supposed to be violent and graphic , i feel that watering them down had a really damaging impact on both characters and we are still feeling that impact today . I could be wrong, but it's just the way it looks to me .

Agreed - I like the AVP's for what they're worth (basically skipping to the fight scenes), but the dumbing down of the xeno's and de-mystifying the predators in a lame way made the films unsalvageable.  I also tend to believe it led to a cascade of events with the later alien films, especially in terms of quality... 

Quote from: Original Predator on Apr 10, 2018, 03:28:22 PM
That's because the concept only works in the comic-book/video game form.  It's fun to pretend, and imagine such but it's not something that you can capture in a serious manner on film.  The overall concept is disruptive to the fact that a movie needs to suspend your belief for the allotted movie time.  There has to be some "connection" to characters or situation or setting, etc....along with other basic film concepts, villain, antagonists, hero, etc.  All "basics" a film needs to have as merely a starting point, are lost. 

THIS, all the way.  Couldn't have put it better myself.  I admire them for trying, but to make it actually work would be near impossible without some major work on the separate franchises themselves before combining them.

skull-splitter

Elderclanleader: did you see Doom, the film? It's basically what will happen in 99% of the cases what most fans here ans elsewhere seem to want. Sometimes it gives me the impression they got the wrong message from Aliens and still focus on macho military based stories.

The comic worked because it focussed on people, regardles of their jobs.

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

Yes but predator is macho military,  and always has been , that's why I think in a avp setting , the marines are a good choice . However I do agree that human character development is important.

Bottom line though is all this is irrelevant, I never want to see another avp , I was just throwing out ideas if was ever going to happen , and in all honesty I think it's likely, now Disney have taken over , because it's more "children friendly" so will be easier to market for them . But I really hope they don't , and focus on them being separate franchises.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Goddamn it men. Is it here yet?

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: whiterabbit on Apr 14, 2018, 09:57:51 AM
Goddamn it men. Is it here yet?

Sir, no Sir! It's taking freakin' forever Sir!  We've been informed that trailer release is dependent upon a slight temperature reduction in the underworld, Sir!  But the science team's working on it. :D Sir.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Freakin' forever you say!? What the hell. Send in the special forces.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: whiterabbit on Apr 14, 2018, 11:50:45 PM
Freakin' forever you say!? What the hell. Send in the special forces.

We did, but they were wiped out by re-shoots. I'm afraid we're all that's left sir. On the plus side, we've got a wild game of "go fish" goin' in medical.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Oh my freakin' god. You made no mention of any of them being skinned alive! We're in worse shape than I thought men. Just tell me one thing, how's that AVP3 coming along?

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: whiterabbit on Apr 15, 2018, 02:01:08 AM
Oh my freakin' god. You made no mention of any of them being skinned alive! We're in worse shape than I thought men. Just tell me one thing, how's that AVP3 coming along?

We've yet to hear back from the recon unit. It's all gone to shite sir.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

You sent in Jim Hopper, didn't you?

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 15, 2018, 05:40:26 AM
You sent in Jim Hopper, didn't you?

I did no such thing. Major General Phillips ordered him to go find out what's taking the recon unit so long. He should link up with them within the hour. I got my hands full dealing with Hudson. The way things are going, why don't we just put him in charge.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Who the hell is Hudson? Also we sent Jim Hopper on some R&R after he made it out of the jungle. Poor SOB had his entire team massacred by some intergalactic space gangsta. Now he's hunting babes on some beach in the Pacific.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed