Recent posts

Alien: Romulus / Re: Why Alien: Romulus pits th...
Last post by SiL - Today at 08:47:08 AM
Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Today at 08:42:49 AM
Spoiler
Then they f**ked up. But I'll decide that when we have all the information, which always eventually comes out some time after production. How about you answer my question? What if he was totally down for this kind of stuff?
[close]
Spoiler
Then I have a plethora of other well-documented issues with the concept.
[close]
Recreational Area / Re: What made you unhappy toda...
Last post by Darwinsgirl - Today at 08:45:01 AM
So sorry this happened Prez. I'm glad she wasn't there in the room. Such a low life.
Quote from: SiL on Today at 08:11:14 AM
Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Today at 07:46:55 AM
Spoiler
What happens if we find out he had signed the rights away to use his likeness for characters he'd played in the past and was totally cool with them being used again?
[close]
Spoiler
What if we find out he didn't?
[close]

Spoiler
Then they f**ked up. But I'll decide that when we have all the information, which always eventually comes out some time after production. How about you answer my question? What if he was totally down for this kind of stuff?
[close]
Thanks for sharing that.  :)

So often people are only seen as iconic. We don't get to see the person their humanity.
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus Catch-All T...
Last post by SiL - Today at 08:27:01 AM
There's a film that belongs in the bin. Take Resurrection out to make room.
Alien vs Predator Films / Re: Paul W.S Anderson or The S...
Last post by SiL - Today at 08:25:44 AM
I would absolutely spend 100 quid on a private screening.
Alien: Romulus / Re: Why Alien: Romulus pits th...
Last post by SiL - Today at 08:11:14 AM
Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Today at 07:46:55 AM
Spoiler
What happens if we find out he had signed the rights away to use his likeness for characters he'd played in the past and was totally cool with them being used again?
[close]
Spoiler
What if we find out he didn't?
[close]
Quote from: Neila on Today at 07:25:50 AM
Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Yesterday at 10:09:17 PMIn contrast, I'll be booking the entire cinema screen for myself and my fiancée to ensure we get to enjoy it with no mumbling, talking, rustling of popcorn and snacks, or glowing phone screens. 😁 (Early birthday present) I really can't wait for Romulus!! Hopefully the manager will be as kind as the last one (when I booked a private screening for Evil Dead Rise, I managed to convince them to let me take one of the double sided quad posters for my Evil Dead Collection) 😊 I wonder how similar to the final Covenant quad poster the Romulus one will be... they all seem to be leaning into that Alien Isolation key art vibe.
From a financial perspective, this is probably a high stakes

It's actually not as bad as you'd think; when I first enquired about it for Evil Dead Rise, I thought it was going to be obscenely priced (like, literally the cost of every seat)- but it's not, if you go on certain cinemas websites (in this case I used Cineworld in UK) it was around £100 for a private screening (and that allows you to bring up to 20 or so people if you wish; so costs can be greatly reduced if you want to have a viewing party too, (though for me that defied the point of ensuring quiet 🤣). When you get there, the cinemas is usually closed to public, so a manager will meet you at front entrance... whilst you are buying snacks etc, they'll ask if you want trailers or just movie (I like trailers) but they then give you 5mins to get settled in and then start the movie.

They way I justified the cost to myself was, I don't go out drinking etc like I used to when I was younger; and around 15 years ago I recall a night out with taxi costs would sit me and friends around £75 per person a night (and that was minus food) I can only imagine what it is now 🤣 or another way to look at it is, it's literally 1 overtime shift at my part time job (though in the case of Romulus I'm fortunate not to have to worry about it due to it being an early 40th gift) - but I think it's a reasonable price for a day/night out for two 😃👍

EDIT: (Another way to look at it; it's the same cost as getting your name in the credits of a fan-made Aliens documentary , and being the only person who will ever notice/ read it 🤣) 
Quote from: SiL on Today at 06:36:05 AMHolm clearly didn't have an issue with using his likeness for merchandise.

Spoiler
What happens if we find out he had signed the rights away to use his likeness for characters he'd played in the past and was totally cool with them being used again? If Martin Freeman hadn't played Bilbo, I bet we'd be seeing Holm again in the upcoming Gollum film.
[close]
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed