Noah Hawley Explains Why ‘Prometheus’ Isn’t “Useful” for His ‘Alien’ Prequel

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 13, 2024, 12:24:45 PM

Author
Noah Hawley Explains Why ‘Prometheus’ Isn’t “Useful” for His ‘Alien’ Prequel (Read 32,534 times)

SM

kwisatz

Local Trouble

xShadowFoxX

I must be a boring, media illiterate nerd as well for thinking that it was very obvious for Scott's intention to have David be the creator of the Aliens.

Local Trouble

Quote from: xShadowFoxX on Jan 14, 2024, 01:41:18 AMI must be a boring, media illiterate nerd as well for thinking that it was very obvious for Scott's intention to have David be the creator of the Aliens.

It can be both intentional and stupid.  Both things can be true.

SM

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 14, 2024, 01:44:11 AM
Quote from: xShadowFoxX on Jan 14, 2024, 01:41:18 AMI must be a boring, media illiterate nerd as well for thinking that it was very obvious for Scott's intention to have David be the creator of the Aliens.

Just as how this sounds intentional and lazy.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Jan 14, 2024, 01:53:55 AM

Indeed.  I'm still not convinced it won't be shite.  I'm fully expecting it to trample the lore in other ways that will make me hate it.

SM

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 14, 2024, 01:54:55 AM
Quote from: SM on Jan 14, 2024, 01:53:55 AM

Indeed.  I still not convinced it won't be shite.

I really don't know why but I have zero interest in this and Romulus.

I'll still watch them though. Hopefully they'll be good.

Local Trouble

You have truly achieved Kolinahr.

xShadowFoxX

Also apprehensive about the TV series. Again, prefer no Alien encounters before the Nostromo crew at this point.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Noah Hawley this year has topped one of the most affecting and creative anthologies in the last ten; with a direct unshy tackling of the subalternization of women in the latest entry, whilst not obscuring the full fidelity even in their abusers and the character of good men, this guy does not do lazy. f**king period.

Mike’s Monsters

SM

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jan 14, 2024, 02:18:32 AMNoah Hawley this year has topped one of the most affecting and creative anthologies in the last ten; with a direct unshy tackling of the subalternization of women in the latest entry, whilst not obscuring the full fidelity even in their abusers and the character of good men, this guy does not do lazy. f**king period.

Sure sounds lazy right now.  Hope I'm wrong.

BlueMarsalis79

It's not, he did the same thing with the X-Men, he sidestepped and reinterpreted, and it only really benefitted Legion.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed