In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,407,659 times)

SM

SM

You can look off the coast of Singapore at any time and see hundreds of ships. Even taking that into account I find naval collisions - involving the US navy no less and resulting in deaths - quite baffling considering technology they must have.

Topazora

Topazora

They're definitely looking into it.  They think it might have been negligence on the watchstanders' part- I would have to agree.  Even if they were hacked or there was a malfunction, we have people who physically look out.  As much as I hate to say it, we have a lot of people who like to not take their duties as seriously as they should.  It's unfortunate, but it's a reality we're going to have to accept and fix.

Predaker

Predaker

Right after the incident with the USS John McCain, Trump was quoted as saying, "That's too bad."

Good to know you are okay Topazora.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/dog-carrying-bag-food-hurricane-harvey-viral-article-1.3446014

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I hope any of our members in the path of Harvey are safe.

Predaker

Corporal Hicks

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

:laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Gate

Alionic

Alionic

Quote from: Gate on Oct 07, 2017, 07:18:24 PM
https://www.rawstory.com/2017/10/nra-calls-for-more-regulation-after-vegas-shooting/

The NRA wants to only restrict 'bump-stocks' (devices that turn semi-auto into full-auto weapons) instead of outright banning them? Color me shocked!

I understand most forum members here are located in the UK, but let me tell you something about America: we will never have sensible gun laws. I was on the Las Vegas strip a few weeks ago. Do you have any idea how incredibly unnerving it is to see pictures and videos of 59 fresh corpses lying on the same ground you just walking on? It could have happened to anyone of us. As Americans, we risk dying by military style assault weapons every time we go to a movie theater, school, nightclubs, and concerts because our lawmakers are completely bought off by lobbyists and special interests. It's f**king sickening.

22 children under the age of 10 getting blown to pieces at Newtown didn't change a thing. Think about that.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Alionic on Oct 08, 2017, 04:19:25 AM
Quote from: Gate on Oct 07, 2017, 07:18:24 PM
https://www.rawstory.com/2017/10/nra-calls-for-more-regulation-after-vegas-shooting/

The NRA wants to only restrict 'bump-stocks' (devices that turn semi-auto into full-auto weapons) instead of outright banning them? Color me shocked!

I understand most forum members here are located in the UK, but let me tell you something about America: we will never have sensible gun laws. I was on the Las Vegas strip a few weeks ago. Do you have any idea how incredibly unnerving it is to see pictures and videos of 59 fresh corpses lying on the same ground you just walking on? It could have happened to anyone of us. As Americans, we risk dying by military style assault weapons every time we go to a movie theater, school, nightclubs, and concerts because our lawmakers are completely bought off by lobbyists and special interests. It's f**king sickening.

22 children under the age of 10 getting blown to pieces at Newtown didn't change a thing. Think about that.
They were between the ages of 5 and 6 and you are absolutely correct. Just imagine the scene in your head and if that can't sway a person towards sensible gun control, nothing will. We also need to step back and take notice of how congress reacts to these mass shootings. They only show concern when it is one of their own, transiently speaking, it could have been themselves. This both happened in Scalise and Gifford's cases. The same amount of passion, spirit and self-reflection has never been existent in any other situation.

Also let's not fool ourselves. The only reason the NRA threw out the bread crumb of regulating bump-stocks was because of the treat of even stricter regulations. Their entire gesture is a cold and calculated damage control.

For this is their truth.

Shinawi

Shinawi

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

For my fellow UKians - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-41635906

QuoteAn "unusual" reddish sky and red-looking sun have been reported across parts of England.

The phenomenon has been seen in the South West, West Midlands, North West and North East.

BBC weather presenter Simon King said it was due to the remnants of Hurricane Ophelia dragging in tropical air and dust from the Sahara.

He added that debris from forest fires in Portugal and Spain was also playing a part.

The dust has caused light to be refracted and reflected in longer wavelengths, making it appear red.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Yeah, it was a really weird colour outside today.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed