Author
In The News (Read 1,407,690 times)

Shinawi

Shinawi

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Jan 26, 2016, 01:31:40 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Jan 26, 2016, 01:29:18 AM
Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Jan 26, 2016, 01:14:52 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Jan 25, 2016, 10:31:48 PM
It's alright because here's some sad news.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/25/world/henry-worsley-explorer-dies-antarctic/index.html

Came so close too, what a shitty situation
Yea. Only had 30 miles to go. However I wonder how high he placed the risk of a bacterial infection in Antarctica at. Since that appears to have been what done him in overall.
Maybe he was under the assumption bacteria couldn't survive at that temperature? Either way, it's a damn shame
I remember reading about the prehistoric bacteria being thawed in Antarctica due to global warming.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Shinawi on Jan 27, 2016, 05:02:52 AM
Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Jan 26, 2016, 01:31:40 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Jan 26, 2016, 01:29:18 AM
Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Jan 26, 2016, 01:14:52 AM

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/25/world/henry-worsley-explorer-dies-antarctic/index.html

Came so close too, what a shitty situation
Yea. Only had 30 miles to go. However I wonder how high he placed the risk of a bacterial infection in Antarctica at. Since that appears to have been what done him in overall.
Maybe he was under the assumption bacteria couldn't survive at that temperature? Either way, it's a damn shame
I remember reading about the prehistoric bacteria being thawed in Antarctica due to global warming.
Yea meteorites crash there all the time. It could be possible that bacteria piggy-backing on one could have survived the eons in ice. He could become the first man to discover an alien life form posthumously. Yea it's an extremely small chance but one never knows.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

The future worries me. Sure people said the same in the past since everyone thought we would be dead from the Russia in the 50's and 60's or that the Nazis would have taken over the world by the 40's. However I'm not so sure now. It's too bad that none of the major world leathers would listen to fix our world better. No one wants to fix global warming because it's all about money. People just want to spent money on oil when solar energy is better to use from what I can remember. 

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jan 26, 2016, 01:01:51 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 26, 2016, 09:45:09 AM

I completely missed this was happening. That sounded like a really interesting venture. That's a real shame to hear. Especially so close to completing his goal.

Shame he didnt quite make it, but he died doing what he loved to do

It was still a damn fine achievement. I'm sure he was proud.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Man, the world would be a far duller place without Japan.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 28, 2016, 08:39:53 AM
Man, the world would be a far duller place without Japan.
So true.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Hubbs

Hubbs

All smiles now as black performers gain multiple awards at the SAG awards lol! what a surprise  ::)

Not a single mention of any other people (Asian, Latino, Middle Eastern, Indian Sub-Continent etc...), its all about one specific group every time and once again they get their way. Fully expect this from now on with every award show going (for fear of diversity outrage backlash).

This is starting to sound like some form of quota system is desired. If we're going to complain and scream racism every year that an acceptable number of black people aren't nominated for certain awards then can't we just reveal what the magic number The Academy needs to hit is so they can hit and keep the peace?

broughtpain

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Boko Haram are just the worst of the worst.

Sadly, until they start shooting up Paris instead of Nigerians, the West won't do jack.

broughtpain

broughtpain

Boko Haram is just a name and the members are just appendages. It's the sentiment and ideology that's actually the actor. Once that's understood, it becomes easy to understand why radical Islam extremism has occurred, does occur and more importantly, how to adequately address it.

It's a matter of what's in the skull. Ideological warfare is the apex of all warfare. Refugee programs aren't the Trojan horse; the refugees are. What's happening with groups like Boko Haram and ISIS(which are one in the same now) are actual, physical and tangible, manifestations of the thought.

People need to understand that.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 01, 2016, 09:43:56 AM
Boko Haram are just the worst of the worst.

Sadly, until they start shooting up Paris instead of Nigerians, the West won't do jack.
In all honestly did the ISIL attack of Paris really force France into doing anything other than a few air strikes? I understand that it takes time to prepares and mobilize for any offensive but it seems to be back to business as usual from here.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: whiterabbit on Feb 01, 2016, 10:19:43 AMIn all honestly did the ISIL attack of Paris really force France into doing anything other than a few air strikes? I understand that it takes time to prepares and mobilize for any offensive but it seems to be back to business as usual from here.

My point was Europe is doing even less than that about Boko because it's Africans killing Africans and it's not affecting us over here.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed