In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,407,923 times)

The PredBen

The PredBen

Quoteposts a few links mainly from far right news sources and outlets.

Not all, but some of the things Hubbs is posting aren't just found on right wing news sites. Some are on more mainstream sights as well.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: The PredBen on Jan 11, 2016, 01:28:16 AM
Quoteposts a few links mainly from far right news sources and outlets.

Not all, but some of the things Hubbs is posting aren't just found on right wing news sites. Some are on more mainstream sights as well.

I know, and they usually re-report and reiterate stuff from right-wing sources as it sells -- lot's of viewers and readers and. Then they back-track due to fact checking (except for FOX News, Breitbart and such, as they don't care because they are always right...). To be fair news sources on the left do the same. Huffington Post and Salon can be just as bad, especially the Salon.

Just for fun though, revisit old news articles and you'll see what I'm talking about.

The mainstream media in general is driven by profit and benefit from political and societal turbulence and dissonance, no matter if it's right-wing, left-wing or somewhere in the populist middle. It's all about ratings.

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jan 11, 2016, 01:13:36 AM
From my point of view the Jedi are evil.

this better be good!

RakaiThwei

Wrecktangle

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Well there goes that labyrinth sequel I was hoping for. RIP

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Woke up to that news this morning. What a rubbish way to start a week.

Between him and Lemmy, I worry that we're getting to the stage where the greats are going to start dropping like flies.

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 11, 2016, 08:53:39 AM
Woke up to that news this morning. What a rubbish way to start a week.

Between him and Lemmy, I worry that we're getting to the stage where the greats are going to start dropping like flies.

Painfully true, Phillip Semour Hoffman, Robin Williams, Lemmy, Bowie, Rik Mayall, Christopher Lee, Wes Craven, Leonard Nemoy all in the space of a few years.

Bieber still running around being a dick, I don't want t live on this planet anymore

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I can't say I'm overly familiar with David Bowie's work but I recognize the influence he's had. It's a real shame to hear of his death.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Novak 1334 on Jan 11, 2016, 09:24:16 AMPainfully true, Phillip Semour Hoffman, Robin Williams, Lemmy, Bowie, Rik Mayall, Christopher Lee, Wes Craven, Leonard Nemoy all in the space of a few years.

Christ, when you list them out like that it's even worse :(

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 11, 2016, 09:30:44 AMI can't say I'm overly familiar with David Bowie's work but I recognize the influence he's had. It's a real shame to hear of his death.

As I just said on another forum, he was one of those guys who I liked and respected immensely, despite not really being a fan of their work. Well, I like the odd song, but not enough to really call myself a fan.

Think I'll watch The Prestige tonight, I love him in that film.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 11, 2016, 09:31:10 AM
Quote from: Novak 1334 on Jan 11, 2016, 09:24:16 AMPainfully true, Phillip Semour Hoffman, Robin Williams, Lemmy, Bowie, Rik Mayall, Christopher Lee, Wes Craven, Leonard Nemoy all in the space of a few years.

Christ, when you list them out like that it's even worse :(

It does seem like all the old talents are just disappearing.  :-\

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

I think as we grow up surrounded by these people, their work, how they inspire us, make us feel better, we assume they will live forever

x-M-x

x-M-x

Gutted about David Bowie...

Damn shame.... we have people like Justin Bieber drinking and smoking going crazy... and yet we lost David? absolute BS if you ask me.

RIP

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

The  passing of Ziggy Stardust. I'll be watching Labyrinth later.

"Starman, waiting in the Sky"

Gate

Gate

Can't say I understand the tragedy behind this.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Lemmy and Bowie gone within the span of a couple of weeks of each other. f**k me this sucks.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed