In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,407,848 times)

Gate

Gate

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/08/20/us-northkorea-southkorea-artillery-idUSKCN0QP0RO20150820

QuoteSouth Korea fired tens of artillery rounds toward North Korea on Thursday after the North launched shells to protest South Korea's anti-Pyongyang propaganda broadcasts along the border, as tension escalated on the peninsula.

North Korea did not return fire but later warned Seoul in a letter that it would take military action if the South did not stop the loudspeaker broadcasts within 48 hours, the South's defense ministry said.

In a separate letter, Pyongyang said it was willing to offer an opening to resolve the conflict even though it considers the broadcasts a declaration of war, South Korea's Unification Ministry said.

A South Korean military official said the broadcasts, which began on Aug. 10, would continue.

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Just let it happen already

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: Gate on Aug 20, 2015, 01:29:39 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/08/20/us-northkorea-southkorea-artillery-idUSKCN0QP0RO20150820

QuoteSouth Korea fired tens of artillery rounds toward North Korea on Thursday after the North launched shells to protest South Korea's anti-Pyongyang propaganda broadcasts along the border, as tension escalated on the peninsula.

North Korea did not return fire but later warned Seoul in a letter that it would take military action if the South did not stop the loudspeaker broadcasts within 48 hours, the South's defense ministry said.

In a separate letter, Pyongyang said it was willing to offer an opening to resolve the conflict even though it considers the broadcasts a declaration of war, South Korea's Unification Ministry said.

A South Korean military official said the broadcasts, which began on Aug. 10, would continue.

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/539644405494556317/47C2F86059C34ABA50098707C2A959F1E3327B08/

Yeah probably more posturing. Doubt anything will come of this.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Whoa!

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

oh look someone with some common sense

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Aug 21, 2015, 05:00:50 AM
oh look someone with some common sense

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

Of course this guy has never been shot, tasered or tackled by the cops, he's white.  Some days I genuinely struggle to believe that MURICA is a real place.  Sean Hannity is one of the most repugnant people on the planet by the way.  A smug, right wing moron, and as for this hillbilly, Jesus Christ, he needs to lay off the Coors Light

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: Novak 1334 on Aug 21, 2015, 06:57:40 AM
Of course this guy has never been shot, tasered or tackled by the cops, he's white.  Some days I genuinely struggle to believe that MURICA is a real place.  Sean Hannity is one of the most repugnant people on the planet by the way.  A smug, right wing moron, and as for this hillbilly, Jesus Christ, he needs to lay off the Coors Light

Ugh! hopeless, its like talking to a brick wall (facepalm).

And the black police officer is a right wing moron too?

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

He's a cop.  That's probably worse.  I get what he means, but it's typical of Fox News to get a 'black cop/expert to come on and agree with what they have to say.  All lives do matter, and this group do have members who just shout above everybody else.  But then again, within the last six months the police have murdered five black Americans, two of them children.  Racism is rife within the system, I get why these people are angry, but I disagree with their methods, and I have little or no respect for Fox News or the American Justice system. 

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

On the black sheriff's courtesy guest appearance on foxnews, I can cut him some slack. I'll assume by the four stars that he is a high ranking sheriff. Most high ranking sheriffs and police chiefs do indeed think like he does. Running a police department is pseudo militaristic after all. Some of what he says is true but he still chooses to ignore the problems running rampant in many communities.

However the cause of black lives matter is bullshit. They picked the wrong person to protest over and are entirely disorganized. Still I like how this being a foxnews show they lumped in unions and liberal beliefs as the root cause of all of foxnews problems.

On that guy being proud of never getting shot while being arrested... that'll do hick. That'll do. However in most cases people get shot and dirty lickings cause they are just uncooperative. I have little sympathy for punks and unreasonable dicks but police should also learn to be less threatening and more compassionate towards the public. Even the difficult and mentally ill. Police training needs to be revamped. They still need authority and command respect but at the same time they need to show some. Current training is way too damn militaristic by nature. At the same time the public need to cut them some slack as well. They're just people like us... and wearing that badge is a huge responsibility.

Hubbs

Hubbs

I think the problem in the US with cops being so extreme in their ways is simply down to the fact America is full of guns, the police have to be this way half the time.

People say, oh the police force in the UK or Europe or where ever are so much better and they don't act like American police etc... Yeah but over here there are no guns! The police can be very confident in the fact that, in a worse case scenario, they might get punched in the face or maybe someone might have a knife, but no one has guns, you're not gonna get shot when you pull someone over in their car.

The other problem being I'm pretty sure many officers are now afraid to do their jobs properly because everyone is looking to cry racism or assault etc...People are using the current climate to their advantage and abusing the police.

I've seen these clips where American police have pulled someone over in their car and the guy pulls a gun, its terrifying! I think being a policeman/woman in America is more dangerous than being in a military conflict with the US army.

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

I think it's a long running set of problems that goes as far back as the eighties, failures on both sides, lack of communication, far right driving wedges between communities, far left brow beating

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Gate on Aug 20, 2015, 01:29:39 PM

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/539644405494556317/47C2F86059C34ABA50098707C2A959F1E3327B08/

Go home Kim. You're drunk.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: Novak 1334 on Aug 21, 2015, 06:57:40 AM

Thanks for identifying yourself as a Liberal that has no critical thinking ability, no independent thought, and frankly no honesty or interest in honesty when it comes to these issues. I also love how you not only throw out a hilariously false stereotype, but right there in the post you pair it up with an ad-hominem attack on Hannity and the youtuber that displays your bias very clearly, without actually addressing or refuting any of their points. Are you just typing this right from your Liberal handbook lol? It's sadly predictable.

and "Murdered five black Americans" in the last six months? Do you have a source to back that up?

You're just trotting out the old sad methodology of the left to ignore anyone killed by the police that isn't black while also ignoring the circumstances behind why people end up being shot by the police. Or how about ignoring the statistics that more white people are in fact killed by police than blacks, and many, many, many more black people are killed by black people than police and white people combined?

Do you know how many black Americans were murdered by black Americans in the last six months? I bet you it's more than five! It's very sad that black lives don't actually matter to the easily manipulated youth in our country.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/apr/21/police-kill-more-whites-than-blacks-but-minority-d/?page=all

There's one source for you, but myself and anyone with integrity already know this.

Here are some "people" killed by the police just in the past four days. I take for granted that they're not black since the news simply refers to them as "people" and doesn't mention their race or post a giant picture to get more clicks:

Aug 20, a 50 year old unarmed man shot and killed in Tuscaloosa, AL after confrontation with the police
http://www.wvtm13.com/news/tuscaloosa-police-involved-in-officerinvolved-shooting/34835490

Aug 17, Richard Jacquez, 40, wanted in connection with a homicide investigation, shot in the back while fleeing police. No weapons were found.
http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-courts/ci_28656852/san-jose-police-working-officer-involved-shooting

Aug 16, Matthew Castillo, 29, shot and killed in the SF Bay Area by police after allegedly reaching for a hangdun in his waistband.
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Officer-Involved-Shooting-in-San-Jose-322019022.html

Quote from: Novak 1334 on Aug 21, 2015, 07:21:11 AM
He's a cop.  That's probably worse.  I get what he means, but it's typical of Fox News to get a 'black cop/expert to come on and agree with what they have to say.  All lives do matter, and this group do have members who just shout above everybody else.  But then again, within the last six months the police have murdered five black Americans, two of them children.  Racism is rife within the system, I get why these people are angry, but I disagree with their methods, and I have little or no respect for Fox News or the American Justice system. 

Yeah I'm not going to waste too much of my time trying to make you honest, but I promise that I'll gladly share the truth when the Liberals swoop in with their agenda of lies, followed quickly by insults, personal attacks, appeal to emotion and groupthink, and if all that fails, damage control lol.

And please, do we really, really have to get into another gun argument? How long can people be proven wrong and continue to assert that they're right? Yeah, they don't have crime in the UK because they outlawed guns. Do you people even have parents to teach you how to think straight? The UK has one of the highest violent crime rates in the world, and it's as high if not higher than statistics in the US. Aggravated assaults are much higher. Gee in an unarmed populace, I wonder why people are being assaulted so often??? GEE I DON'T KNOW.

The article is from 2009, but it's a lot more effort than you deserve in response to your crap posts.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1196941/The-violent-country-Europe-Britain-worse-South-Africa-U-S.html

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Hubbs on Aug 21, 2015, 04:32:22 PM
I think the problem in the US with cops being so extreme in their ways is simply down to the fact America is full of guns, the police have to be this way half the time.

People say, oh the police force in the UK or Europe or where ever are so much better and they don't act like American police etc... Yeah but over here there are no guns! The police can be very confident in the fact that, in a worse case scenario, they might get punched in the face or maybe someone might have a knife, but no one has guns, you're not gonna get shot when you pull someone over in their car.

The other problem being I'm pretty sure many officers are now afraid to do their jobs properly because everyone is looking to cry racism or assault etc...People are using the current climate to their advantage and abusing the police.

I've seen these clips where American police have pulled someone over in their car and the guy pulls a gun, its terrifying! I think being a policeman/woman in America is more dangerous than being in a military conflict with the US army.
Yea those points you bring up are likely very real. Also America is a big place and full of back water and ghetto culture. More so all of this violence has little to do with race and more to do education or lack there of. Another thing, I think cops just forgot how to "dog fight" like the good old days.

Also RagingDragon; Novak 1334 is just dishing out what foxnews serves all damn day on their channel and about the corresponding examples you posted, well like Bill O'reilly always says "don't try to excuse bad behavior by pointing to the other bad behavior". Wait did you also point to where cops shooting people could be considered a good thing?  :laugh:

Ban all guns. rawr. No, no, I just kid. However just think of the day we finally get ray-guns. Ballistics is going to have their work cut out for them or worse.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed