In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,407,503 times)

Gate

Gate

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Nov 29, 2014, 06:36:35 PM
Officers are trained to fire until the suspect is down and not moving, not to wound. When an officer pulls out his gun it's to kill. This is the first time in his career he's ever had to use a gun, and other than this incident he has a spotless record.
Which is honestly why the system needs to be changed because you can't punish these men for following the training they were given.

You want to stop  "Police Murder"? Then you have to reform the entire militarization of the police.

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: Gate on Nov 29, 2014, 08:17:50 PM
Officers are trained to fire until the suspect is down and not moving, not to wound. When an officer pulls out his gun it's to kill. This is the first time in his career he's ever had to use a gun, and other than this incident he has a spotless record.
Which is honestly why the system needs to be changed because you can't punish these men for following the training they were given.

You want to stop  "Police Murder"? Then you have to reform the entire militarization of the police.
Which you can't do unless you completely change gun laws in the states which will never happen

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Nov 29, 2014, 08:34:13 PM

Which you can't do unless you completely change gun laws in the states which will never happen

Which is incredibly sad but true. U.S. laws, especially anything that has to do with guns and lethal force or the penal system, are so outdated and downright dangerous. It's not the Wild West anymore, even though some people wish it was.

Quote from: Hubbs on Nov 29, 2014, 04:19:11 PM
Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Nov 29, 2014, 06:54:55 AM
Quote from: Hubbs on Nov 29, 2014, 06:41:16 AM
Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Nov 29, 2014, 06:34:09 AM
Quote from: Hubbs on Nov 29, 2014, 04:35:53 AM
True.

Nice jab.

Why would they use that photo first page other than to discredit yet onother unarmed black teenager killed by yet another policeman getting off the hook without any reprocousions? I don't know? Blaming the victim to divert atention from the fact that an unarmed kid was killed by a really lousy officer who shouldn't be in the police force? Now that won't piss people off, and rightfully so. Exactly the kind of unprofessional Molotov cocktail sensationalism that is clogging the newsflow already.

Plenty of kids pose and take pictures like that (like my nephew and he is a lilly white suburban upper middle-class boy) these days. Is that a reason to cap them six times, or does it only apply to those horrible blacks that you despise so much you can't even contain yourself?

Keep on trollin', Hubbs...

::) Isn't that sensationalism on the other side of the fence, an easy exit.

By the way that pic is off Facebook.

Doesn't matter if it's from Facebook or not - still sensationalism etc. Cheap and doesn't bring anything to the table other than more fuel to the fire.

All the evidence points to the fact that Wilson didn't follow the procedures once, and he fired 12 rounds without care in a populated area, killing and unarmed teenager, shooting him 6 times. That makes him a lousy cop. No?

Not really, he could just be inexperienced in such serious incidents, he may have just flapped and lost control due to nerves, who can say. Plus the unarmed teenage you keep mentioning over and over was attacking him so. If you attack an armed cop chances are...well its obvious.

We don't know that. Wilson was hassling Brown and his friend when they walked down the street. Wilson turned up in front of them and then bashed the door against Brown - Brown is big. Wilson loses his nerves and bashed it again since Brown, who probably is shocked, doesn't know what to do. Wilson takes this as Brown bring aggressive and is about to draw his gun...

We only have Wilson's word on this, that Brown grabbed for the gun. Maybe he did? Maybe he didn't? Maybe he tried to grab it before Wilson as Wilson was trying to draw it, i.e. tried to stop Wilson to shoot at him as self-defense? Maybe he hit Wildon in the face as he feared for his life as this unstable cop was about to shoot him? We only have Wilson's word and conflicting stories by a bunch of random witnesses.

Whatever happened Brown backed offs after their skirmish, Wilson - a grown-up with police training - kept on shooting, high on adrenaline, not caring about that they were in a populated area, and didn't stop until a total of 12 bullets had been fired, half of them placed in an 18 year old boy. Then after the shooting, him and his coworkers barely followed the protocol at all, handling everything like amateurs (including physical evidence). Yet Wilson got off the hook, portrayed as the victim while this unarmed teenage boy, shot and killed, is being portrayed as the killer. Fair? Not really.

. . .

JUST IN!
Quotehttp://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/11/30/us/protesters-in-ferguson-are-arrested-after-blocking-traffic.html?_r=0

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

That's just stupid. Blocking traffic? Really? I saw the same kind of silliness at the G20 here in Toronto back in 2010. Fat lot of good it did for the protestors.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 30, 2014, 01:13:26 AM
That's just stupid. Blocking traffic? Really? I saw the same kind of silliness at the G20 here in Toronto back in 2010. Fat lot of good it did for the protestors.

Did the same thing in Oakland. Took me 2 hours to get home. Still had, and has, my support. It's a bigger issue than what some people around here thinks. Don't mind the traffic as long as it raises awareness. No one cares about the hundreds of peaceful protests, as I mention before, which is sad.

Hubbs

Hubbs

This pretty much sums it up and once again backs up what I've been saying, the officer was a good cop with a good record. This was his first gun incident hence a reasonable reason why things went as they did.

Again as I said, you can't blame the officer for doing his job, both replies are spot on.

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Nov 29, 2014, 11:55:05 PM

Which is incredibly sad but true. U.S. laws, especially anything that has to do with guns and lethal force or the penal system, are so outdated and downright dangerous. It's not the Wild West anymore, even though some people wish it was.

True.

Nice jab.

Why would they use that photo first page other than to discredit yet onother unarmed black teenager killed by yet another policeman getting off the hook without any reprocousions? I don't know? Blaming the victim to divert atention from the fact that an unarmed kid was killed by a really lousy officer who shouldn't be in the police force? Now that won't piss people off, and rightfully so. Exactly the kind of unprofessional Molotov cocktail sensationalism that is clogging the newsflow already.

Plenty of kids pose and take pictures like that (like my nephew and he is a lilly white suburban upper middle-class boy) these days. Is that a reason to cap them six times, or does it only apply to those horrible blacks that you despise so much you can't even contain yourself?

Doesn't matter if it's from Facebook or not - still sensationalism etc. Cheap and doesn't bring anything to the table other than more fuel to the fire.

All the evidence points to the fact that Wilson didn't follow the procedures once, and he fired 12 rounds without care in a populated area, killing and unarmed teenager, shooting him 6 times. That makes him a lousy cop. No?

Not really, he could just be inexperienced in such serious incidents, he may have just flapped and lost control due to nerves, who can say. Plus the unarmed teenage you keep mentioning over and over was attacking him so. If you attack an armed cop chances are...well its obvious.

We don't know that. Wilson was hassling Brown and his friend when they walked down the street. Wilson turned up in front of them and then bashed the door against Brown - Brown is big. Wilson loses his nerves and bashed it again since Brown, who probably is shocked, doesn't know what to do. Wilson takes this as Brown bring aggressive and is about to draw his gun...

We only have Wilson's word on this, that Brown grabbed for the gun. Maybe he did? Maybe he didn't? Maybe he tried to grab it before Wilson as Wilson was trying to draw it, i.e. tried to stop Wilson to shoot at him as self-defense? Maybe he hit Wildon in the face as he feared for his life as this unstable cop was about to shoot him? We only have Wilson's word and conflicting stories by a bunch of random witnesses.

Whatever happened Brown backed offs after their skirmish, Wilson - a grown-up with police training - kept on shooting, high on adrenaline, not caring about that they were in a populated area, and didn't stop until a total of 12 bullets had been fired, half of them placed in an 18 year old boy. Then after the shooting, him and his coworkers barely followed the protocol at all, handling everything like amateurs (including physical evidence). Yet Wilson got off the hook, portrayed as the victim while this unarmed teenage boy, shot and killed, is being portrayed as the killer. Fair? Not really.

. . .

JUST IN!
Quotehttp://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/11/30/us/protesters-in-ferguson-are-arrested-after-blocking-traffic.html?_r=0

I haven't heard of that before, but the reason the officer was bothering Brown was because Brown was identified as a suspect that had just robbed a liquor store. I had read that Brown simply refused to cooperate and verbally abused the officer.

Again...Brown ran off after the initial scuffle and two shots in the car. The officer then fired at him telling him to stop, Brown stopped turned and charged at the officer, the officer shouted at him to stop but Brown did not causing the officer to fire again. This has been verified by witnesses at the scene after others admitted they saw nothing or just lied.

This is very interesting off Facebook again, from NFL player Benjamin Watson. At first I thought this would be yet another attack on the officer but I am pleased to see he has nailed some points perfectly.

http://www.khq.com/story/27489010/nfl-player-benjamin-watsons-ferguson-post-on-facebook-goes-viral

Take note of...

I'M EMBARRASSED because the looting, violent protests, and law breaking only confirm, and in the minds of many, validate, the stereotypes and thus the inferior treatment.

I'm glad someone has pointed this out because some Americans (the rioters) just don't seem to understand the vicious circle they are contributing too.

I'M FRUSTRATED, because pop culture, music and movies glorify these types of police citizen altercations and promote an invincible attitude that continues to get young men killed in real life, away from safety movie sets and music studios.

I'M SYMPATHETIC, because I wasn't there so I don't know exactly what happened. Maybe Darren Wilson acted within his rights and duty as an officer of the law and killed Michael Brown in self defense like any of us would in the circumstance. Now he has to fear the backlash against himself and his loved ones when he was only doing his job. What a horrible thing to endure. OR maybe he provoked Michael and ignited the series of events that led to him eventually murdering the young man to prove a point.

I'M CONFUSED, because I don't know why it's so hard to obey a policeman. You will not win!!! And I don't know why some policeman abuse their power. Power is a responsibility, not a weapon to brandish and lord over the populace.

Again I'm glad to see this guy recognise this easy instruction for everybody.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Hubbs on Nov 30, 2014, 05:52:32 AM

This pretty much sums it up and once again backs up what I've been saying, the officer was a good cop with a good record. This was his first gun incident hence a reasonable reason why things went as they did.

Again as I said, you can't blame the officer for doing his job, both replies are spot on.

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Nov 29, 2014, 11:55:05 PM

True.

Nice jab.

. . .

JUST IN!

I haven't heard of that before, but the reason the officer was bothering Brown was because Brown was identified as a suspect that had just robbed a liquor store. I had read that Brown simply refused to cooperate and verbally abused the officer.

Again...Brown ran off after the initial scuffle and two shots in the car. The officer then fired at him telling him to stop, Brown stopped turned and charged at the officer, the officer shouted at him to stop but Brown did not causing the officer to fire again. This has been verified by witnesses at the scene after others admitted they saw nothing or just lied.

This is very interesting off Facebook again, from NFL player Benjamin Watson. At first I thought this would be yet another attack on the officer but I am pleased to see he has nailed some points perfectly.

http://www.khq.com/story/27489010/nfl-player-benjamin-watsons-ferguson-post-on-facebook-goes-viral

Take note of...

I'M EMBARRASSED because the looting, violent protests, and law breaking only confirm, and in the minds of many, validate, the stereotypes and thus the inferior treatment.

I'm glad someone has pointed this out because some Americans (the rioters) just don't seem to understand the vicious circle they are contributing too.

I'M FRUSTRATED, because pop culture, music and movies glorify these types of police citizen altercations and promote an invincible attitude that continues to get young men killed in real life, away from safety movie sets and music studios.

I'M SYMPATHETIC, because I wasn't there so I don't know exactly what happened. Maybe Darren Wilson acted within his rights and duty as an officer of the law and killed Michael Brown in self defense like any of us would in the circumstance. Now he has to fear the backlash against himself and his loved ones when he was only doing his job. What a horrible thing to endure. OR maybe he provoked Michael and ignited the series of events that led to him eventually murdering the young man to prove a point.

I'M CONFUSED, because I don't know why it's so hard to obey a policeman. You will not win!!! And I don't know why some policeman abuse their power. Power is a responsibility, not a weapon to brandish and lord over the populace.

Again I'm glad to see this guy recognise this easy instruction for everybody.

Same old same old. Missing the bigger picture, victimizing the killer as vice versa. Trivializing and ignoring. Bring out the uncle toms to diverge and divert, and completely misinterpreting anything not fitting your ignoramous world view and agenda. Same crap as the last time (Martin/Zimmerman). You won't listen, so why am I even bother? So disingenuous . You just don't get it. White privilege in denial at its absolute prime. Such a troll. If you want to discuss with me then please try be serious rather than just fooling around.

Btw Wilson resigned. Hats off for him for showing that much decency. Still claims he did his job, which is pathetic. But at least he stepped down. Hope he'll find a job where him and his nerves won't be putting other people in harms way.

And what do you think about the white right-wing vigilante groups - so called militias - roaming and hassling the protesters,  claiming to protect the people and property? Heavily armed civilians (white) interrupting peaceful protests without being arrested or even questioned? Imagine heavily armed black supremacist militias, together with hundreds of militarized brutal policemen, hassling peaceful white protesters attending to a protest for an unarmed white kid being gunned down and killed by a black Muslim nerve-wreck of a cop..... You would freak out!

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Nov 30, 2014, 02:47:40 AM

Did the same thing in Oakland. Took me 2 hours to get home. Still had, and has, my support. It's a bigger issue than what some people around here thinks. Don't mind the traffic as long as it raises awareness. No one cares about the hundreds of peaceful protests, as I mention before, which is sad.

Because the violent protesters cause so much chaos. I have yet to understand what public looting and vandalism accomplishes.

Hubbs

Hubbs

QuoteSame old same old. Missing the bigger picture, victimizing the killer as vice versa. Trivializing and ignoring. Bring out the uncle toms to diverge and divert, and completely misinterpreting anything not fitting your ignoramous world view and agenda. Same crap as the last time (Martin/Zimmerman). You won't listen, so why am I even bother? So disingenuous . You just don't get it. White privilege in denial at its absolute prime. Such a troll. If you want to discuss with me then please try be serious rather than just fooling around.

Btw Wilson resigned. Hats off for him for showing that much decency. Still claims he did his job, which is pathetic. But at least he stepped down. Hope he'll find a job where him and his nerves won't be putting other people in harms way.

And what do you think about the white right-wing vigilante groups - so called militias - roaming and hassling the protesters,  claiming to protect the people and property? Heavily armed civilians (white) interrupting peaceful protests without being arrested or even questioned? Imagine heavily armed black supremacist militias, together with hundreds of militarized brutal policemen, hassling peaceful white protesters attending to a protest for an unarmed white kid being gunned down and killed by a black Muslim nerve-wreck of a cop..... You would freak out!

Dude seriously what are you on about?! The way it unfolded has been verified by some witnesses! others admitted they didn't see anything, others obviously lied to get Wilson in trouble...I'm not making this up, you just gotta accept the fact your unarmed teenager was in the wrong and paid the price for his stupidity.

White privilege?? ??? again with this? you clearly have some deep rooted issues, where did you grow up?

The fact that Wilson has had to quit even after his story has been confirmed is outrageous frankly. I might add he only quit because his police department was getting death threats according to the BBC. So terrorism wins the day there then.

Not heard anything about any groups doing that.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 30, 2014, 01:19:18 PM

Because the violent protesters cause so much chaos. I have yet to understand what public looting and vandalism accomplishes.

Which are in the absolute minority, which has been repeated a billion times. They are below 1%, if even that.

I don't believe in violence or violent protests. Blocking traffic while marching is acceptable though since people obviously don't care. Young black lives are worth just as much as any other life, which is what this is really about, not that some people take this opportunity to loot and be violent.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Nov 30, 2014, 07:27:33 PM

Which are in the absolute minority, which has been repeated a billion times. They are below 1%, if even that.

I don't believe in violence or violent protests. Blocking traffic while marching is acceptable though since people obviously don't care. Young black lives are worth just as much as any other life, which is what this is really about, not that some people take this opportunity to loot and be violent.

Unfortunately, they do. And yet we still wonder why stereotypes about ghettos exist.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 30, 2014, 07:35:07 PM
Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Nov 30, 2014, 07:27:33 PM

Unfortunately, they do. And yet we still wonder why stereotypes about ghettos exist.

Damned if you don't, damned if you do. People are so freakishly insincere and disingenuous - don't care about peaceful protests, productive dialogue, funding for social programs and infrastructure, hardworking communities and movements, 110% dedication, trying to make things better, trying to battle injustices and dismantling structural discrimination, making everyone have the same chance in life. But a few anarchists and enraged teenagers go out to loot and burn, and all of a sudden people are very opinionated, judgmental and quick to label it all as riots. The ghetto stereotype is all in the heads of people too lazy to empathize or/and willfully stupid to grasp the bigger picture. Either that or people who are racist and just don't like black people. The latter category is in minority because I honestly think that most people don't want to be racist or want to see themselves as racist.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I'm all for peaceful protesting and helping those who need help. But when someone goes on a rampage and destroys public and private property whilst claiming it's their right to protest, sorry, but you've crossed the line and need to be dealt with accordingly. I think the protesting from the peaceful folks in Ferguson is needed, and while that's happening, do something about the rioters.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 30, 2014, 09:56:17 PM
I'm all for peaceful protesting and helping those who need help. But when someone goes on a rampage and destroys public and private property whilst claiming it's their right to protest, sorry, but you've crossed the line and need to be dealt with accordingly. I think the protesting from the peaceful folks in Ferguson is needed, and while that's happening, do something about the rioters.

I agree. But why do people choose to focus on the few who riots rather than the endless masses who protest peacefully and are hungering to raise awareness and start a dialogue with anyone willing to participate? It's easier to ignore, point the finger and pretend that there are no social injustices, structural discrimination or privilege at play anymore and that people who are poor, uneducated, unsuccessful only have themselves to blame...

Btw. the peaceful protesters are vocal against the rioters and anarchists and don't want anything to with them. They are working in the communities pleading for everyone to keep it civil and peaceful, and 99,99% of the time it works, which is amazing considering what this is all about. I thought there would be more riots and such, but people are listening and holding back rather than to give in to rage

Hubbs

Hubbs

BUT WHAT IS EVERYONE PROTESTING ABOUT???!!! seriously this whole thing is absolutely ridiculous!

Witnesses proved Wilson was speaking the truth for Pete's sake!! the witnesses were black people, the officer only did what he was trained and forced to do!

Oh he was only a teenager and he was unarmed blah blah blah...Brown brought the whole thing on himself, period.

Its just an excuse to riot loot cause trouble and bring up the old race card issue which some people relish in the US.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed