In The News (Read 1,407,443 times)

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

For... Science...

BANE

BANE

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on May 05, 2014, 02:01:05 PM
For... Science...
Better watch out Erik. I know you swing both ways, and apparently there's a sign on the door saying "We take robberies very seriously. Any erections WILL be confiscated".  :-\

Cvalda

Cvalda

:D :D :D

Aspie

Aspie

I fookin' knew it HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

That's because all the female teachers want to keep the boys after class for some one on one time to work out their problems......

BANE

BANE

That's why my Teacher Evaluations for the female teachers at Uni are always straight 'Poors'.  ;D

Goodbye raises! Goodbye promotions!

Hee hee.

Vickers

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Friend of mine sent it to me; thought it was worth sharing.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

It's a stupid f**king article and holds no actual truth. It doesn't even say where it got it's sources from, no links, no citations... The only reason more males have been falling behind in school is because of the stupid f**king culture that looks down on education, and even that's starting to change.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

looks like the forum somehow posted my comment before I typed everything

And yes, source is questionable.

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 06, 2014, 12:38:18 AM
http://www.cornwallcommunitynews.co.uk/2013/08/03/female-teachers-marking-down-boys/

Apart from math, I always knew writing assignments were graded subjectively (It was obvious to me, and I thought everyone knew this as well...and I wonder how this works on standardized tests... you can't tell me scores wouldn't vary depending on the person grading creative/prompt writing).

And for what it's worth, I don't think either gender on average is doing very hot across the board. School, it would seem, no longer places any emphasis on actual learning, just tests. I say give the system lipo, except don't suck the fat out; chop it off. One can wish for a mighty educational cleaver of reform, can't they?  :P

In a nutshell, I think public education is slow, inefficient, out of touch (bordering on irrelevant), and even damaging. I would never purposefully subject any kids of my own to it.

Shasvre

SM

SM

Quote from: Xeno Killer 2179 on May 06, 2014, 02:59:47 AM
looks like the forum somehow posted my comment before I typed everything

And yes, source is questionable.

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 06, 2014, 12:38:18 AM
http://www.cornwallcommunitynews.co.uk/2013/08/03/female-teachers-marking-down-boys/

Apart from math, I always knew writing assignments were graded subjectively (It was obvious to me, and I thought everyone knew this as well...and I wonder how this works on standardized tests... you can't tell me scores wouldn't vary depending on the person grading creative/prompt writing).

And for what it's worth, I don't think either gender on average is doing very hot across the board. School, it would seem, no longer places any emphasis on actual learning, just tests. I say give the system lipo, except don't suck the fat out; chop it off. One can wish for a mighty educational cleaver of reform, can't they?  :P

In a nutshell, I think public education is slow, inefficient, out of touch (bordering on irrelevant), and even damaging. I would never purposefully subject any kids of my own to it.

So what?  Homeschool?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed