In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,408,009 times)

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Some form of military intervention from the US is inevitable, i'm just worried about what Russia will do.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Yea I know. Half a billion in arm sales and the lost of their only presence in the Mediterranean won't sit well with Putin. Maybe they'll trade Snowden for continued use of the Syrian Port.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Seeing that we just finish the battle in Iraq two years ago and we are still fighting Afghanistan for the past 12 years. Going in battle with Syria is a bad idea and I hope Obama does not make the same mistake Bush did by going in war with Iraq.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Deep inside I really want to call the us congress a bunch of cowardly hypocrites for staying on recess but in truth Syria can very effectively retaliate if attacked. So rushing in would be ill advised. Non the less something needs to be done. I can't believe all the crazies here who are protesting in favor of letting people go to hell in bushels. Makes me sick.

DC

DC

Quote from: Terx2 on Aug 27, 2013, 09:18:43 AM
Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Aug 25, 2013, 01:19:47 PM
http://boingboing.net/2013/08/23/now-you-too-can-have-permanent.html

Now you too can have permanent duckface surgery

http://media.boingboing.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/duckface.png

QuoteIn some cultures, we know that the rigors of beauty extend to surgically-inflicted homogeneity. But it's not all about traditional standards: the modern, vulgar, coquettish turn of the lips, known to all as duckface, is allegedly gaining popularity as a permanent option in Asia. Brian Ashcraft:

In the past, the surgery seems to have been primarily been used as a way to combat frowns naturally caused by aging. Last year and this year, however, there have been more and more plastic surgeons introducing the surgery as a way to achieve a beautiful smile—all the time, it seems! The target appears to be younger patients.

Sometimes it goes wrong, as "the surgery involves stitches, which might leave some scarring around the corners of the mouth, resulting in a somewhat Joker-like grin."

I... I just... What?!

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: whiterabbit on Sep 01, 2013, 12:42:06 PM
Deep inside I really want to call the us congress a bunch of cowardly hypocrites for staying on recess but in truth Syria can very effectively retaliate if attacked. So rushing in would be ill advised. Non the less something needs to be done. I can't believe all the crazies here who are protesting in favor of letting people go to hell in bushels. Makes me sick.

Something needs to be done but not by an imperialist nation like the U.S. For once, just this once, they should keep their nose out of another nation's affairs and let things work themselves out.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 02, 2013, 11:24:47 AMSomething needs to be done but not by an imperialist nation like the U.S. For once, just this once, they should keep their nose out of another nation's affairs and let things work themselves out.
You're Canadian, right?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Yup. If there's one thing Harper has done right for once in his miserable political life, it's not take military action in Syria.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 02, 2013, 11:40:00 AMYup.
And this part of the thread is about the US and Syria?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

What? I'm responding to whiterabbit who responded to Rich.

Bjørn Half-hand

Bjørn Half-hand

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 02, 2013, 11:24:47 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Sep 01, 2013, 12:42:06 PM

Something needs to be done but not by an imperialist nation like the U.S. For once, just this once, they should keep their nose out of another nation's affairs and let things work themselves out.

Agreed, I too think that Team America
Spoiler
f**k YEAH
[close]
should keep out of this. They've policed the world plenty I think.
I don't think any nation should get involved militarily in a civil war. Killing Syrians to stop Syrians killing Syrians. This should be resolved with peace processes whilst giving aid (medical/food etc) to those that need it.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 02, 2013, 12:28:29 PM
What? I'm responding to whiterabbit who responded to Rich.
But you're sticking your nose into another country's business. No, no!
;)

Quote from: Bjørn Half-hand on Sep 02, 2013, 07:27:20 PMI don't think any nation should get involved militarily in a civil war. Killing Syrians to stop Syrians killing Syrians.
Kinda like killing Germans to stop Germans from killing Germans and non-Germans.

Quote from: Bjørn Half-hand on Sep 02, 2013, 07:27:20 PMThis should be resolved with peace processes whilst giving aid (medical/food etc) to those that need it.
So, by sending in unarmed personnel in battle-torn areas? Got it.

Eva

Eva

We don't have the politicians today to handle the Syria civil war with the caution, empathy, intelligence and resolve it requires. We are not even close.

The UN security Council has proven itself unable to handle a dictator using WMDs on his own populace repeatedly. To me, everybody involved have lost all credibility during this last week in particular.

Assad has outplayed the West and he knows it. Who cares if he loses some military hardware if the US and France makes some airstrikes? Russia will replenish whatever he loses the day after. 

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

So let me get this straight, we shouldn't be doing anything, when people are being killed by chemical weapons outlawed by international law and is a big crime against humanity on top of all the other crimes against humanity?

Okay. I guess appeasement solves everything. They're not Americans, or Canadians, or British being killed by outlawed weapons, so why should we care? This won't reflect our principles at all.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed