In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,407,690 times)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Wouldn't dropping mongooses make more sense?

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 24, 2013, 12:22:03 AM
Wouldn't dropping mongooses make more sense?
That would be fighting fire with fire. They're both major pests. We've actually started a mongoose eradication program on Kauai the moment someone spotted one. Since they not only eat every native species of bird and bug but also many native plants. They're a huge strain on Taro too.

The brown tree snake is by far the worst pest but the mongoose is just as bad.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Something tells me these air-dropped mice will become yet another pest to deal with. And then what? The cycle continues?

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Yep, the government doesn't do enough research.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 25, 2013, 09:06:32 AM
Something tells me these air-dropped mice will become yet another pest to deal with. And then what? The cycle continues?
The mice are already dead, I think.

"Guam (AP) — Dead mice laced with painkillers are about to rain down on Guam's jungle canopy"

Yep, dead. :)

Gate

Gate

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012/07/counterterrorism-trolls/all/

In the decade since 9/11, the U.S. government has used a wide variety of tactics against terrorists. It's invaded countries where they operated (and ones where they didn't). It's tried to win the backing of foreign populations in which the terrorists hide. And it's sent commandos and deadly flying robots to kill them one by one.

One thing it hasn't done, until now: troll them.

The program, called Viral Peace, seeks to occupy the virtual space that extremists fill, one thread or Twitter exchange at a time. Shahed Amanullah, a senior technology adviser to the State Department and Viral Peace's creator, tells Danger Room he wants to use "logic, humor, satire, [and] religious arguments, not just to confront [extremists], but to undermine and demoralize them." Think of it as strategic trolling, in pursuit of geopolitical pwnage.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I'm actually looking forward to the aftermath.

Gates

Gates

Operation Maledoro Activated

Godspeed, Mal, your time has come... :P

KirklandSignature

KirklandSignature

Quote from: Gates on Feb 25, 2013, 06:21:01 PM
Operation Maledoro Activated

Godspeed, Mal, your time has come... :P

Doesn't he already do this? I'm already under the impression that Maledoro is a government agent or super intelligent AI enity keeping us less informed citizens of the world on the correct path.

BANE

BANE

Quote from: ShadowPred on Feb 25, 2013, 06:14:04 PM
I'm actually looking forward to the aftermath.
If if everyday internet user's reactions are anything to go by, you might not like it.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Gate on Feb 25, 2013, 06:13:10 PM
http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012/07/counterterrorism-trolls/all/

In the decade since 9/11, the U.S. government has used a wide variety of tactics against terrorists. It's invaded countries where they operated (and ones where they didn't). It's tried to win the backing of foreign populations in which the terrorists hide. And it's sent commandos and deadly flying robots to kill them one by one.

One thing it hasn't done, until now: troll them.

The program, called Viral Peace, seeks to occupy the virtual space that extremists fill, one thread or Twitter exchange at a time. Shahed Amanullah, a senior technology adviser to the State Department and Viral Peace's creator, tells Danger Room he wants to use "logic, humor, satire, [and] religious arguments, not just to confront [extremists], but to undermine and demoralize them." Think of it as strategic trolling, in pursuit of geopolitical pwnage.

Government led trolling...well it's about time to they put it to good use I guess.

JCGAuthor

JCGAuthor

This implying that, somewhere, someone is getting paid to troll. That sounds like a dream job, honestly  ;D

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The government as a whole does it on a daily basis, lol.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

The guberment doesn't troll people.

It just lies to them.  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed