Exclusive: New Prometheus Trailer Footage

Started by ikarop, Nov 26, 2011, 08:39:19 PM

Author
Exclusive: New Prometheus Trailer Footage (Read 159,790 times)

JKS1

JKS1

Quote from: Snowdog on Dec 01, 2011, 11:55:54 AM
The Jurassic Park movies. The cgi dinosaurs look and feel real

This is actually one of the rare 'fantasy/sci-fi' movies where for the most part the CGI effects are good and effective
(The other 1, or 3, being in my opinion LOTR)

The instances that didnt look real mostly involved the Pterodactyls/Pteranodons; and the stampede scene involving the Gallimimus in the first movie screamed of CGI 

However the Velociraptors looked incredible and actually 'there', real and 'solid'.

Tough little S.O.B.

Quote from: JKS1 on Dec 01, 2011, 12:13:27 PM

This is actually one of the rare 'fantasy/sci-fi' movies where for the most part the CGI effects are good and effective

The instances that didnt look real mostly involved the Pterodactyls/Pteranodons; and the stampede scene involving the Gallimimus in the first movie screamed of CGI 

However the Velociraptors looked incredible and actually 'there', real and 'solid'.

Mostly because all close shots where animatronics.

JKS1

JKS1

Quote from: Tough little S.O.B. on Dec 01, 2011, 12:18:16 PM
Quote from: JKS1 on Dec 01, 2011, 12:13:27 PM

Mostly because all close shots where animatronics.

That scene in the kitchen, with the kids in the first movie wasnt mostly animatronic though was it....and that was very impressive

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: JKS1 on Dec 01, 2011, 12:22:53 PM
That scene in the kitchen, with the kids in the first movie wasnt mostly animatronic though was it....and that was very impressive
There was some stop-motion in there. Looked very impressive. I saw it a couple of months ago, being projected digitally.

The Xenoborg

Again, multiple techniques to show the dinosaurs were used in the scene:
CGI, animatronics, stop-motion.

trailpimp

trailpimp

Hi guys! I've lost the whole ootleg trailer thing. And now FOX removed it. Can someone point me to a download location where can I watch it?

Thanks

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: trailpimp on Dec 01, 2011, 12:37:24 PM
Hi guys! I've lost the whole ootleg trailer thing. And now FOX removed it. Can someone point me to a download location where can I watch it?

Thanks
Can't point you to a D/L section, sorry, but it's stream-able here in the thread: http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=41025.msg1233456#msg1233456

trailpimp

trailpimp

thanks!

xeno_alpha_07

Love the touch of adding a sample from the Alien 1979 Alien trailer.

Kriszilla

Kriszilla

You mean that weird howling sort of sound? I loved that. In this and the original trailer.

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Kriszilla on Dec 01, 2011, 12:59:15 PM
You mean that weird howling sort of sound? I loved that. In this and the original trailer.

Yes thats the one.

Le Celticant

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Nov 30, 2011, 11:58:24 PM
Quote from: Le Celticant on Nov 30, 2011, 07:47:21 PM
Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Nov 30, 2011, 07:05:22 PM
As for the CG bitching, I don't mind if CG is used as long it does not look bad and it's not overused. I hope the CG does not over shadow the story like it does in movies like Van Helsing and 2012. From what we have seen, it looks like they are doing a mix between both similar how Lord of the Rings was.

It's a 200M$ movie at least from what I heard.

200 million seems too much for a movie that is likely to be R rated. I'm scared that this movie is going to flop like Terminator Salvation and Green Lantern did. Both movies had a budget of 200 million and did poorly at the box office. Maybe the word of mouth will help but I have feeling that this movie is going to have mixed reviews.

Hello,

Both of this movie did not have "From the director of ALIEN & GLADIATOR" in their trailer.
This is going to make a huge difference even if the movie is Bad.

Alienseseses

And both of those movies had poor word of mouth.

Ruzena

Ruzena

Quote from: supperdup on Nov 27, 2011, 01:25:26 AM
This is my first message in this forum because I like aliens and predator movies. This was just too itneresting to not join.
Heres picture I edited about the jumping person. I think he jumps on a space jockey:

LOL :D

Man I think its something weird but the montage got me ;] If it is jockey, its only his head, otherwise if you consider its closer to the camera the jockey would be like 1,5 m high :D But it might be anything,
I personally think its head of something based on how it turns around, but maybe its something completely different ;]

Or I should ban myself from this site because I think I will spol the movie for myself ;]

Firestorm

Firestorm

I was watching the trailer again there, did anybody notice that the scene which shows someone wincing in pain at about 0:35 seconds there appears to be a clawed hand around the persons neck? Think thats what it is anyway?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed