First Look at the Predators! (Updated)

Started by Johnny Handsome, May 14, 2017, 07:16:26 AM

Author
First Look at the Predators! (Updated) (Read 107,382 times)

EJA

EJA

Quote from: Master on May 15, 2017, 02:52:05 PM
Quote from: EJA on May 15, 2017, 01:43:00 PM
I don't know. I do have some tiny doubts, but on the whole it doesn't appear like it'll be messing the Predator mythos up as much as Alien: Covenant messed the Alien mythos up.

You are aware not everyone has seen covenant yet and that this is predator sub forum?

That being said, does turn whole lore on its head. Whole point of Predator being here is changed.

How can they abandon the concept that the Predators (well, the bulk of the species anyway) come to Earth to hunt? These particular Predators may not be, but all the others sure as hell were.

Denton Smalls

Quote from: EJA on May 15, 2017, 03:25:15 PM
I don't know. I do have some tiny doubts, but on the whole it doesn't appear like it'll be messing the Predator mythos up as much as Alien: Covenant messed the Alien mythos up.

You are aware not everyone has seen covenant yet and that this is predator sub forum?

That being said, does turn whole lore on its head. Whole point of Predator being here is changed.

How can they abandon the concept that the Predators (well, the bulk of the species anyway) come to Earth to hunt? These particular Predators may not be, but all the others sure as hell were.

Well we almost collectively took a Fassbender-sized shaft when that proposed novel was about to undo some of the traditional hunting elements of the first movie by making Dutch's encounter come as a result of mistaken identity between two preds, one "good" one bad. Thankfully cooler heads prevailed and the first film's lore is still intact.

Master

Whole point is demistyfied and dumbed down.

PredJenkins

Quote from: Praetorian Guard on May 15, 2017, 01:34:24 PM
The only thing I can do is cringe some more, because I think I'll lose some brain cells at this rate.

Predators helping humans, speaking through translators, hybrids, this script is meant to destroy the Predator franchise.

EJA

EJA

Quote from: Denton Smalls on May 15, 2017, 03:31:15 PM

Well we almost collectively took a Fassbender-sized shaft when that proposed novel was about to undo some of the traditional hunting elements of the first movie by making Dutch's encounter come as a result of mistaken identity between two preds, one "good" one bad. Thankfully cooler heads prevailed and the first film's lore is still intact.

You mean that book's no longer happening? Phew, thank God. I wouldn't mind a prequel to the original movie, but what was actually proposed was beyond stupid.

Quote from: PredJenkins on May 15, 2017, 03:35:22 PM
The only thing I can do is cringe some more, because I think I'll lose some brain cells at this rate.

Predators helping humans, speaking through translators, hybrids, this script is meant to destroy the Predator franchise.

None of those ideas are necessarily bad, but the way they seem to be presented here....

Doomofman

Bulk of the species? There's been what, 12, if you count the AVP movies... I find it more ridiculous to think that a species that's as intelligent and technologically advanced as the Predators are essentially savages that do nothing but hunt

Denton Smalls

Denton Smalls

Quote from: EJA on May 15, 2017, 03:37:01 PM
Quote from: Denton Smalls on May 15, 2017, 03:31:15 PM

You mean that book's no longer happening? Phew, thank God. I wouldn't mind a prequel to the original movie, but what was actually proposed was beyond stupid.

Quote from: PredJenkins on May 15, 2017, 03:35:22 PM

None of those ideas are necessarily bad, but the way they seem to be presented here....

Yea man, I'm 99% sure I read on this site that they abandoned ship on that proposed novel. We dodged a plasmacaster bullet on that one!

Quote from: Master on May 15, 2017, 03:04:20 PM
Spoiler
Yhey are fighting all sorts of predator hybrids... Three legs, four legs, six legs, two heads - you name it.
[close]

Solid! I'm down for that. They even had a multi-limbed predator in the sequel comic to Predators facing off against Royce. Can't believe that was already 7 years ago...

kirscheim

Quote from: SyntaX on May 15, 2017, 01:16:17 PM
Let's not pretend Predator 2 was a great movie.
i would definitely argue that you hold a stupid position...

Infected

Infected

Quote from: Doomofman on May 15, 2017, 01:16:03 PM
Quote from: Infected on May 15, 2017, 01:10:31 PM
Quote from: Lieutenant Mike Harrigan on May 15, 2017, 05:58:16 AM
Last Action Hero was strange and this will be even stranger.
I have no doubt that the predator will top avp and avp-r and possibly Predators. Hard to judge without a trailer.
I love Last Action Hero!!!

But with all honesty, we all know this is not what we are gonna get in the movie, the preds on the apc, its most likely a drive to the studio or location, but this isnt part of the movie, and the pred wearing the pants is because he isnt wearing the lower part for some reason and he need to cover his crotch etc so no worries guys.

No, the preds on the tank is in the script...
And maybe Black saw that fake script and is now taking a piss at all of us.
Come onnnn there wont be predators in cargo pants ever, be real dudes.

predator88

This looks horrible,an absolute f**kin travesty.It's obviously a behind the scenes fooling around on set but why is the predator driving and the other one dressed in camouflage pants ? This movie is total f**kin joke

Master

Its in the script.
Spoiler
Heroes are traveling in APC with predator friends and fighting against hybrids.
[close]

goose_3387

Cargo Predator and APC Driver Predator fighting hybrid Preds. I don't know what to say...

Xan21

Quote from: Master on May 15, 2017, 05:20:54 PM
Its in the script.
Spoiler
Heroes are traveling in APC with predator friends and fighting against hybrids.
[close]

god no... will see it... but this...nono

predator88

Yeah and then
Spoiler
the Upgrade kills both the preds you see here with an eon blast from his wrist computer and kills them instantly.They are waster...just like that
Spoiler
[close]
[close]

Predfanboy

Predfanboy

Looks better than Predators i really cant wait. OUTSTANDING

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed