Flop?

Started by KirklandSignature, May 30, 2012, 03:00:25 PM

Author
Flop? (Read 9,092 times)

KirklandSignature

KirklandSignature

The reviews International lead me to believe that Prometheus is going to bomb over in the States. Am I alone in this sense or is it going to do lukewarm, perhaps recover the budget?

Truise

Truise

I would say so

mastermoon

mastermoon

Maybe it's gonna get a 66% among reviews similar to Predators.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

With all the hype behind it I doubt it'll flop hard. In a worst-case scenario I'd say it'd recover its budget at least.

Quote from: mastermoon on May 30, 2012, 03:04:16 PM
Maybe it's gonna get a 66% among reviews similar to Predators.
How about 67%? It could get that percentage as well.

mastermoon

mastermoon

I know this is going to be a good movie, As you mentioned OmegaZilla it can possibly do good at the Box office.

This is not the first time people were mixed about a solo Alien movie.

escroto

escroto

hasn't the aliens fanbase over the USA being always enoooooooormous among other things thanks to Cameron's "Aliens" and all his military stuff in the movie?

Doubt this film can flop in the USA, honestly

PROM3TH3US

PROM3TH3US

Don't think this will flop.  Sounds like a hit to me.  Even minor Alien fans negativity can't drown out that this is a solid sci-fi movie.  This movie was make for the mass audiences and not cater to Alien fans only so I see it will do just fine.

NGR01

NGR01

Not a flop.
But no hit neither.
Doubt the broad audience is gonna love it that much.
The unanswered question can pissed them off.

Effectz

Effectz

Its a solid sci-fi movie,people are just butthurt.

NGR01

NGR01

You seen it?

tonton

tonton

Since when are the highest grossing movies the best reviewed?

PROM3TH3US

PROM3TH3US

Quote from: NGR01 on May 30, 2012, 04:13:15 PM
Not a flop.
But no hit neither.
Doubt the broad audience is gonna love it that much.
The unanswered question can pissed them off.

I disagreed.  Unanswered questions makes fun/thoughful discussion either good or bad.  The Matrix.  2001:ASO, Inception, Mulholland Drive, Alien and many more.  I love these kind of movies.  I do not like to be spoon fed.  Look at what happen to the Matrix sequels. 

NGR01

NGR01

Agreed.
The movie can be awesome and flop.
It can be shit and be a smash it.
Numbers means nothing.

Exactly like the number of full positive review.
People choose to diss the negatives ones saying for exemple that the critics did not get ALIEN. Then they are so happy to read positives reviews. LOL
Hypocrisy my friend.

armageddon

armageddon

Don't think so. I mean, Avatar had the dumbest story anyone could cook up and it ended up being the most successful movie ever.

Properly marketed sci-fi movies are doing very weel these days and I'm convinced it's a good movie.

I just wish it would have been a great movie..

JonesTheCat

JonesTheCat

The general gist of the reviews (from critics and the 'general public') are overall very positive, so I'm certain that it won't flop in any way, shape or form.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed