Egg Morphing or Queen?

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Jul 31, 2009, 01:19:55 PM

Which would you rather see in this movie?

Egg Morphing
79 (23.4%)
Queen
96 (28.4%)
Both
103 (30.5%)
Anything except the Predalien's reproduction method
60 (17.8%)

Total Members Voted: 323

Author
Egg Morphing or Queen? (Read 90,361 times)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

For the prequel i would want to see egg-morphing being brought in.

Plokoon111

Plokoon111

Using the queen would be like the phrase beating a dead horse, she has been used already, and while I would at least want to see a cameo of a queen but that would just be it. Now egg morphing was bizarre and the thoughts of seeing a human slowly turning into a egg really made the aliens creepy, to say, "haha alien what are you going to do with out a queen." It makes them look less like raptors and more like insects with the perfection where the skies the limit. It just adds an extra notch to how evil and how far they will go to terrorize you.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Egg morphing was never really canon, I would rather they stick with the established reproduction method.  Would be nice to see a Gigerish looking Queen though.

Sylizar

Sylizar

Queen.

xenomorph36

xenomorph36

this thread makes me sad

warrior is douche compare to queen.  :D

Xhan

Xhan

Verb or noun?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: RidgeTop on Aug 02, 2009, 05:45:44 AM
Egg morphing was never really canon, I would rather they stick with the established reproduction method.  Would be nice to see a Gigerish looking Queen though.
It's since been made "canon" in various sources, and it's certainly not irreconcilable with the idea of Queens.

That said, I seem to recall Giger actually saying he liked the Alien Queen design a lot, and he wished he'd designed it. :P

Meathead320

Meathead320

Quote from: Xenomrph on Aug 02, 2009, 06:24:30 AM
Quote from: RidgeTop on Aug 02, 2009, 05:45:44 AM
It's since been made "canon" in various sources, and it's certainly not irreconcilable with the idea of Queens.

That said, I seem to recall Giger actually saying he liked the Alien Queen design a lot, and he wished he'd designed it. :P

I remember that as well. I think part of that was the Queen being respectful in design terms, of what the original alien was.

James Cameron is a master of design himself, and with Stan Winston together came up with a really good design. While not the level of Giger, he is more than good enough that extrapolating from Giger's design, he was able to make a Queen that looked like it should be a member of the same species.

He could have added eyes, a human tongue, ET's sausage skin or even a tiny little nose.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

I wouldnt be suprised if Scott took this prequel as an oppertunity to show how BOTH egg morphing and the Queen could work.  Alien3 missed out on a chance to do that with the Super-face Hugger and I honestly think we might see that.  Ive often wondered what becomes of a lone warrior Alien, and strictly speaking I always thought egg-morphing really applied to an Alien when alone anyway.  Could it transform into a Queen somehow, or infect a host in some way into becoming a Queen through morphing?? I dunno but Im willing to bet Ridley has surely mulled over it lol

Meathead320

Meathead320

Quote from: RoaryUK on Aug 03, 2009, 04:25:05 PM
I wouldnt be suprised if Scott took this prequel as an oppertunity to show how BOTH egg morphing and the Queen could work.  Alien3 missed out on a chance to do that with the Super-face Hugger and I honestly think we might see that.  Ive often wondered what becomes of a lone warrior Alien, and strictly speaking I always thought egg-morphing really applied to an Alien when alone anyway.  Could it transform into a Queen somehow, or infect a host in some way into becoming a Queen through morphing?? I dunno but Im willing to bet Ridley has surely mulled over it lol

I think infect a host with a tiny queen-facehugger egg, that would grow and consume the host (kind of looked like that was happening to Brett), you could call that morphing anyhow, the Alien would then be making a Queen bearing egg.

I think its much better than simply saying a lone Alien just turns into a Queen.

J-Syxx

J-Syxx

Anyone who says Egg Morphing is canon has serious problems.  Anyways, this idea was pretty much the corniest thing ever conceived, and I'm really happy it was removed from the film.  They can add to the mythos in different ways.  They don't need to go back to stuff that was left on the cutting room floor and only elitist nerds care about.

Kriszilla

Kriszilla

I think the Queen method is more efficient from a logistical standpoint.

If you have an egg, it produces a facehugger which requires a host.

It seems more efficient for a Queen to lay these eggs than to waste potential hosts creating more eggs.

Say you had two rooms, each with ten people and one impregnated human in.

In the room where the aliens use egg-morphing, the alien bursts, matures, and turns five humans into eggs while the other five are used as hosts for the new eggs.

In the room with the queen method, the alien bursts, matures into a Queen. The Queen then lays ten eggs, each of which impregnates a human which produces an alien.

So, in short:

Eggmorphing: 5

Queen: 10

Though egg-morphing is a possible backup method to create a Queen if none exists, perhaps.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: J-Syxx on Aug 04, 2009, 02:23:51 AM
Anyone who says Egg Morphing is canon has serious problems.
I think you're taking this a little too seriously. You realize this is a discussion about a movie series, taking place on the Internet, right?

Quote from: J-Syxx on Aug 04, 2009, 02:23:51 AMAnyways, this idea was pretty much the corniest thing ever conceived, and I'm really happy it was removed from the film.
It was cut for pacing reasons, not because anyone involved in the movie thought it was corny.

Quote from: J-Syxx on Aug 04, 2009, 02:23:51 AMThey can add to the mythos in different ways.  They don't need to go back to stuff that was left on the cutting room floor and only elitist nerds care about.
Hahaha. Are you one of the "elitist nerds"? Because you seem pretty bent-out-of-shape about this topic.

Quote from: Kriszilla on Aug 04, 2009, 02:31:00 AM
Though egg-morphing is a possible backup method to create a Queen if none exists, perhaps.
This is the exact scenario where I would see egg-morphing being useful. If you've got one Alien by itself, without a hive or any other eggs, the Alien could generate a Queen through egg-morphing. For what it's worth, even the "Weyland Yutani Archive" on the AvPR Blu-Ray DVD mentions it as a viable theory.

SM

SM

QuoteAnyone who says Egg Morphing is canon has serious problems.

Prepare to make the jump to hyperbole on my mark!

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I preferred this bit of hyperbole:

Quotethis idea was pretty much the corniest thing ever conceived
Cornier than the PredAlien impregnating pregnant women?
Cornier than seeing General Perez pull out a piece of his own brain before he dies?

And that's not even straying into non Alien/Predator/AvP movies. :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed