New Alien Movie is a Prequel

Started by Dusk, May 29, 2009, 11:03:31 PM

Author
New Alien Movie is a Prequel (Read 48,275 times)

Johnny Handsome

A prequel actually sounds pretty sweet. That's what many people have been asking for a long time.

At least its not a total reboot like Predator and it just cant get worse then Robert Rodriguez script and ideas and lets not forget that Ridley f**king Scott is also on board as the producer.

As an average Alien fan I'm actually pretty excited about this.

Hybrid PM

Hybrid PM

at least we are also going back to ONE alien in this film as well.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Kaworu on May 30, 2009, 05:33:19 PM
It not like it will be canon or anything if they do talk about it.

Yes it will. Movies are official canon.

Johnny Handsome

I can understand people who are saying that the AvP movies aren't canon because it is its own franchise, AvP is its own brand,just like Alien and Predator.

Yet this will be an official Alien movie and therefore it will be canon.

"Alien 4 was shit, it isn't canon, but hey, in avp they killed two predators so that's definitially canon, AvP-R? Nope! Predator killed too many aliens so that's not canon!"

Some people talk like that and that's just plain wrong, either you accept all the movies as canon or none of them.

But like i said, they can easily be seen as separate franchises, just not this upcoming movie.

locusta

locusta

Quote from: Dusk on May 30, 2009, 04:53:58 PM
You think there's any chance they'll have Stan Winston Studios working on this?

"Legacy Studio" will def not be on the boat.

Hey, the most important about this new movie is: IT CAME BACK TO EUROPE!!

That was the most important about the first 3 and in particular about "Alien". It is English and it is a hell of it.

That means that the Scott Production company will have their own people for the effects, cos I very much hope the will shoot in England like the first 3 films where done.

And that English craftsmenship is highly to appreciate, the past has shown many times.

Anyway, I would sugguest to cast a slim and tall guy like Bolaji Badejo and take the plaster molds out from the basement and just cast the original suit again  ;)

Nothing else is needed!!!

Master

Master

I do not concider AvPr canon cause it reached escape speed in level of bullshitness of portreting both alien and Predator.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

QuoteA prequel actually sounds pretty sweet. That's what many people have been asking for a long time.

At least its not a total reboot like Predator and it just cant get worse then Robert Rodriguez script and ideas and lets not forget that Ridley f**king Scott is also on board as the producer.

As an average Alien fan I'm actually pretty excited about this.

I agree with this and I'm a bigger Alien fan then Predator, since it a reboot or whatever then it should be it own timeline since movies like Godzilla 1985 and Batman Begins where reboots, and did not take place in the original timelines.

War Wager

War Wager

Depends what movie your talking about. This new Alien movie is a prequel to the first, which obviously means they'll co-exist in the same universe. Last I heard, Predators was being penned as a sequel.

bobcunk

bobcunk

his commercials are good and have a stile of filming i like. i just hope thats adi doenst screw up the aliens again.

Drago-Morph

Drago-Morph

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on May 30, 2009, 05:58:23 PM
I can understand people who are saying that the AvP movies aren't canon because it is its own franchise, AvP is its own brand,just like Alien and Predator.

Yet this will be an official Alien movie and therefore it will be canon.

"Alien 4 was shit, it isn't canon, but hey, in avp they killed two predators so that's definitially canon, AvP-R? Nope! Predator killed too many aliens so that's not canon!"

Some people talk like that and that's just plain wrong, either you accept all the movies as canon or none of them.

But like i said, they can easily be seen as separate franchises, just not this upcoming movie.

JH, you have to understand where some fans are coming from. Personally, I believe that neither of the AvP movies are canon because they're just ridiculous, but I can imagine an alien taking on two Predators one at a time. Surely you could imagine the death-beast doing that also, especially on young and untrained hunters. What's wrong with AvP: R, though, is Wolf taking on dozens of aliens at a time and walking away unscathed. A group of aliens roughly the same size can attack a fully-armed U.S.C.M. squad and win, yet they can't take on a single Predator? That's just unrealistic. I agree with you that you either accept all the movies or none, but those who disagree, I would say, pick and chose the canocity (did I spell that right?) based on what they believe to be possible to happen.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Dusk on May 30, 2009, 04:53:58 PM
You think there's any chance they'll have Stan Winston Studios working on this?

Every chance, but it's too early to say.

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on May 30, 2009, 05:35:28 PM
A prequel actually sounds pretty sweet. That's what many people have been asking for a long time.

Not most people who properly thought it through. :)

QuoteAt least its not a total reboot like Predator and it just cant get worse then Robert Rodriguez script and ideas and lets not forget that Ridley f**king Scott is also on board as the producer.

It actually can. I remember an interview where he said he wanted a future sequel to end with derelicts floating above Earth and 'shooting' Alien eggs down into the atmosphere. Just because he's involved doesn't mean it's going to be fantastic.

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

If this and the PREDATORS film was announced and just called a prequel and sequel, I would be doing back flips around my room, but with the rumour of reboots, remakes and so on, I am more nervous about these two films than any film ever, I don't know what to expect, I wonder when FOX will just come strait out and tell us they are actually sequels and prequels and not this, re-start, re-imaging, re-telling, re-boot, re-make crap, what's wrong with a traditional sequel or prequel, damn this remake, reboot fad.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on May 30, 2009, 05:58:23 PM

That's usually how it works. It keeps things easier that way.

SM

SM

Prequel?  Slightly better than a reboot - though entirely unnecessary.  Though you can bet they won't really give a shit about continuity.  This is pretty much 'meh'.

Johnny Handsome

Quotebut I can imagine an alien taking on two Predators one at a time.
What's wrong with AvP: R, though, is Wolf taking on dozens of aliens at a time and walking away unscathed.

Its all about perspective, i for one do think its entirely possible for an experienced hunter to kill and overrun Aliens in droves, some people don't.
Some people think that one alien can kill 2 Predators in a row like it was shown in AvP, some people don't.

But who is it to decide what is possible and what not? You? Or me? Or any other fan?
The studio does, the movies came first and therefore are canon. A fan cant just reject a movie officially just because he doesn't like some stuff that has been done to his creature, and yet canonize another movie based on things he loved. Either you take the whole package (which are two AvP movies) or you don't take anything at all.

It doesn't matter if you personally think that some things in a movie are unrealistic, you can de-canonize a movie for yourself but don't expect anyone to follow you in this believe based on things you don't like or you think are unrealistic.

Thats all i meant.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed