How do xenomorphs see?

Started by DEATHGRIND, Aug 27, 2007, 11:34:30 PM

Author
How do xenomorphs see? (Read 44,106 times)

Munkeywrench

Munkeywrench

Quote from: brad873 on Sep 11, 2007, 02:04:15 PM
like one way glass. they can see out of there carapase but we cant see in

Thats what I allways thought

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: CelticP on Sep 09, 2007, 03:53:53 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 08, 2007, 09:48:55 PM
Fixed your posts for you.
You didnt do a good job...seeing as how I dont know what he's saying.... ;)

Meant the picture.

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Sep 09, 2007, 11:45:48 PM
Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Sep 09, 2007, 04:42:30 PM
It does?  Could you point out a few instances?

OMG! Anti-Chestburster injections!!!

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

The person who posted this has a pic too. Look at it and u see eyes UNDER the aliens' flesh, which meens thats how they see!!! ;)

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 12, 2007, 10:59:41 AM
Quote from: CelticP on Sep 09, 2007, 03:53:53 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 08, 2007, 09:48:55 PM
Fixed your posts for you.
You didnt do a good job...seeing as how I dont know what he's saying.... ;)

Meant the picture.

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Sep 09, 2007, 11:45:48 PM
Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Sep 09, 2007, 04:42:30 PM
It does?  Could you point out a few instances?

OMG! Anti-Chestburster injections!!!

On the syringe, it says 'Swiss made' I have always wondered if that was a nod to H.R.Giger? 

Vemados

Vemados

Quote from: Huol on Sep 10, 2007, 12:19:57 AM
Quote from: Vemados on Sep 09, 2007, 06:55:45 PM
I don't think those are eye sockets...

I was really into dinosaurs when I was little.  They have two eye sockets and infront of their eyes is another hole... never really found out what it was for.  But yeah I think the "sockets" on that picture were just the "mystery holes".  A theory is that those holes contain like that liquid that dolphins and whales use in echolocation, to make up for not having big bat ears.

lol, those holes for dinosaurs are their nostrils if i remember.

Yeah dinosaurs really have huge long nostrils that go up right to their eyes, right...

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Mr. Weyland on Sep 13, 2007, 11:54:35 PM
On the syringe, it says 'Swiss made' I have always wondered if that was a nod to H.R.Giger? 

It's possible, but Swiss made medical supplies do have that printed on them already, so it's probably nothing.

But y'never know.  :)

Edited to add:  At least, the old glass stuff does, like the one Clemens uses.  No idea on the plastic stuff.

Predalien91

Predalien91

Well if i had a pic off it I would show you it, I had this alien action figure and there was a way you could remove his dome on the head and under it there were eye sockets. Its under the dome. As for the ridged ones ??? Maybe there like worms

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

You mean the McFarline toy Alien from the original movie that came in a box with the original movies Predator? ??? I have that one if it is and its one of my best displays!(Beside my McFarlines Alien Queen from Aliens)

Wolfpred

Wolfpred

i think they see faramones and night vision :)

like the round area above their mouth is like a sensor

Night Killer

Night Killer

The aliens probably have some sort of sensory organs in the front of their skulls.  If you look at the skull in Predator 2 there are indentations like eye sockets in the front of the skull.

Darth_Spud

Darth_Spud

Well I'm leaning towards both telepathy and a visual cortex. In A2 theres a scene where Ripley fires the flamethrower above the eggs to which the queen replies with a movement of her head toward the guards. If indeed they are telepathic, it would seem needless for her head to move toward the guards as she could send the back off message telepathically. Also if the queen could not actually see Ripley firing off the flame thrower then that would indicate that they can read our own minds as the queen reacts to this. Not only that but when Ripley does set the eggs on fire why does the Queen scream? Can she see them burn or does she have a telepathic link to the eggs?

One more point, during the escape scene the queen looks at the elevator button and is clearly looking at it, this seems to contradict the telepathy theory – unless they have both senses which is what I think. 

arachnophilia

arachnophilia

Quote from: Skull-hunter on Sep 21, 2007, 09:28:01 PM
The aliens probably have some sort of sensory organs in the front of their skulls.  If you look at the skull in Predator 2 there are indentations like eye sockets in the front of the skull.

those eye-sockets were in the original alien skull, too. they're empty on the fully-alive alien.

avpmad!

avpmad!

u see through the eye's of the runner alien on a3, dont ya?

arachnophilia

arachnophilia

Quote from: avpmad! on Sep 24, 2007, 03:31:09 PM
u see through the eye's of the runner alien on a3, dont ya?

yes, that's what people keep saying. but there's multiple varieties of POV shots, and there's no good reason to think that's specifically how the alien sees instead of just a representation to the audience.

i mean, suppose for a second that you have an animal that sees in nearly 360 degrees, as many animals on earth do. how do you show that on a movie screen that doesn't go 360 degrees, to an audience that pretty much only sees straight ahead? suppose you have an animal that sees by echo-location, like a dolphin. how do show that to an audience? suppose you have an animal that sees by sensing electrical fields, like a shark? how do you show that?

SM

SM

With nifty visual/ optical effects.

Like how Daredevil sees or how a Predator sees.

Personally I don't get why people are so against Aliens simply seeing like they do in Alien3.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed