Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 843,186 times)

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 02, 2021, 01:20:36 AMI always thought of his backstory as merely being an urban legend, it was never really true. Regardless of what the sequels have to say.

So the supernatural has come to life because people belief in the urban legend. And the urban legend has no base in reality?

Don't know about the sequels. Never saw them, don't think I will.

Huggs

Huggs

End of Days

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Apr 02, 2021, 01:02:17 AM
Candyman (1992)
First time since I saw it back in the day. Then I didn't like it because I expected a standard slasher. Now I appreciated it more than the first time but I still don't think it's great or special, and there's something stupid about it.
A woman causes people to lose their belief in a supernatural killer. The belief is where he gets his power from. Because he's angry he shows a display of bigger power.
Their also something stupid about the background story of the Candyman. His hand got removed, yet the people who removed it took the time to replace it with a hook, before getting the guy killed.

Quote from: Prez on Apr 01, 2021, 05:46:09 AMThis scene ... you keep waiting for something to happen and then ... when it does.

Oh, that one. The jump scare effect got lost on me but it certainly was a great scene.

I remember watching Candyman when it was first released. Interesting enough we had similar urban legends growing up as kids ... say the name of xxxx 3 times whilst looking in a mirror and xxxx will appear behind you. My sister and I attempted this once. We chickened out at saying the name 2 times. HAHAHAHA

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Sleepy Hollow

This movie rules. Tim Burton basically making a hyper gory Hammer film.

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Apr 02, 2021, 01:40:45 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 02, 2021, 01:20:36 AMI always thought of his backstory as merely being an urban legend, it was never really true. Regardless of what the sequels have to say.

So the supernatural has come to life because people belief in the urban legend. And the urban legend has no base in reality?

Don't know about the sequels. Never saw them, don't think I will.

Yeah, the power of belief, essentially. At least that's how I've always seen it. I'm not sure if it was Bernard Rose's intention, though.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

The Sitter (2011)
Already seen this a couple of times but it's still alright.

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 02, 2021, 03:19:50 AM
Sleepy Hollow

This movie rules. Tim Burton basically making a hyper gory Hammer film.

And just like True Romance, it shows how excellent Walken can be when given the right part.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Godzilla vs Kong

Good, undemanding fun.

Huggs

Huggs

Shane

"Whyyy Shaaaaane?"

Gads. I still can't stand that kid.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Men Who Stare At Goats (2009)
So random. I'd read the book and the film is such a different take on the subject

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

"There's no reason why we can't be civil."

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 03, 2021, 12:12:06 AM

"There's no reason why we can't be civil."

None sire

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Huggs

Huggs

Prez

Prez

Murder in the front row - a great doco I stumbled upon on Amazon Prime about the birth of Thrash in the Bay Area. Fantastic. What a time to be alive.

Slayer - The Repentless Killogy Started on this but was too knackered to watch it all. It's Slayer. It's brutal. I miss this band!!

Huggs

Huggs

KOTM

I swear, it's a love/hate thing with this movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed