Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 843,179 times)

Huggs

Huggs

The Robe

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Sue me, but I still like this one. It's definitely not on the same level as the original three, but I think it's a respectable, entertaining adventure film in its own right.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Surviving a nuke by hiding inside a fridge...

It has it's moments. Not many of them, but it does have them.  :laugh:

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

That scene is overall kind of pointless, too. And it's only there because Lucas really liked the original ending of Back to the Future. :laugh:

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I don't know. There is something about Cate Blanchett as a Soviet agent that makes me appreciate the flick more.

Huggs

Huggs

Abbott and Costello Meet The Mummy

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Never Surrender - The Galaxy Quest Documentary

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 19, 2020, 06:13:54 PMSurviving a nuke by hiding inside a fridge...

No more dumb than leaping a minecart across a gorge full of molten lava.

And I say that as someone who loves Temple and hates Crystal Skull.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I love Temple of Doom too. As much as Raiders, for different reasons.

Anything Goes!

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Firewall
An okay Action Thriller with Harrison Ford. Love how they actually made him a bit clumsy in places, like an actual person was jumping down from places

The Magnificent Seven
Still a classic and what a cast. Yul Brynner, Eli Wallach, James Coburn, Charles Bronson. Just perfect

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 20, 2020, 10:28:14 AM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 19, 2020, 06:13:54 PMSurviving a nuke by hiding inside a fridge...

No more dumb than leaping a minecart across a gorge full of molten lava.

And I say that as someone who loves Temple and hates Crystal Skull.

Don't get me wrong, I quite liked that bit despite the ridiculousness of it all.

The hiding inside a fridge from a nuke was actually something doing the rounds during the cold war. Probably more of an urban myth than anything else, but the old 50's and 60's style fridges were quite large, sturdy and spacious inside. They were also lined with lead which is very effective in blocking gamma radiation bursts.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Hacksaw Ridge

Half of this is a really excellent war movie, the other half is an okay-ish drama. And even the drama half still has spurting blood in it, so you know Mel Gibson made it. :laugh:

Prez

Prez

Star Wars The Rise of Skywalker

Hopelessly so rushed but I still enjoy the hell out of it. And boy does Lando's appearance with the fleet and that trumpet tune from Williams get me all teary and reliving me seeing ANH as a young boy back in the late 70s.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Three Amigos
Hadnt seen this film in years. Brilliant and Funny.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 22, 2020, 04:36:19 AMHacksaw Ridge

Half of this is a really excellent war movie, the other half is an okay-ish drama. And even the drama half still has spurting blood in it, so you know Mel Gibson made it. :laugh:

It takes quite a lot for movie violence to shock me these days, but the bit where the bloke with the BAR picks up the dismembered torso and uses it as a meatshield succeeded.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed