Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 843,517 times)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Dec 21, 2018, 02:09:58 AM
The Predator - Blu-ray

Holy Moses, even watching it with no thoughts of the franchise, this is by far one of the worst movies I've ever seen. This makes Fallen Kingdom look good. I'm gonna have to watch Independence day 2 again just to remind myself that there are better movies out there.

What a rotten, sh*ttin', god-awful mess.

You need to say how bad you found this movie on more threads  Huggsy. A half dozen is not nearly enough.  Pick up the pace! :P

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 21, 2018, 04:36:53 PM
The Predator - Blu-ray

Holy Moses, even watching it with no thoughts of the franchise, this is by far one of the worst movies I've ever seen. This makes Fallen Kingdom look good. I'm gonna have to watch Independence day 2 again just to remind myself that there are better movies out there.

You need to say how bad you found this movie on more threads  Huggsy. A half dozen is not nearly enough.  Pick up the pace! :P

Yes! Make it a plague like the David argument and the Alien 5 argument!

Russ

Russ

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Dec 21, 2018, 04:39:49 PM

Yeah, but how did the egg get on the Sulacco. .. ...

MudButt

MudButt

Bumblebee

I am so happy to report that the rumors are true. This is the best Transformers movie. Now, I'll admit something.. I actually really like the first Transformers film as well as Dark of the Moon. The rest I can watch in the background but I do HATE The Last Knight. I walked out of that movie physically and mentally drained. I had been yelling to the clouds that this franchise needed to get rid of Michael Bay because he does not care for this franchise, and since the movies kept making money they got progressively worse.

Thankfully we got Travis Knight to come in and breathe some life in from a good script by Christina Hodgson. The movie does the "boy and his dog" plot and knocks it out of the park. Steinfield's relationship with Bumblebee is so sweet and heartwarming that when the other is in danger you really feel the the other cares for their safety.

The movie benefits from having way less central characters at the forefront. It opens with a pretty significant battle between Autobots and Decepticons and the G1 Designs work so well. The majority of the movie focuses on Bumblebee and there is 1 minor villain and 2 major villains. There is also less action than any other Transformers movie and I think it works well because it does what the other films could never do and that's breathe some life into the human characters. The action that is in the movie is great because Knight uses wide shots rather than Bay's shakey cam footage that made it near impossible to tell what was going on.

The movie serves as a soft-reboot as well and I won't say how but it makes me very excited for what they'll do going forward. The movie primarily focuses on Bumblebee but it does plant seeds for the franchise going forward. See this movie people, let's show Paramount and Hasbro that this is what we want.

As for negatives.. John Cena doesn't work 100%. His acting has definitely got better but it seems like his character was actually from an 80's movie. John Ortiz plays a scientist in this movie that who is just ridiculous. The humor with his character did not work at all. I'd also say most of the humour that doesn't come from Bumblebee and Hailee Stienfield ends up not working. Some of the dialogue is a bit cheesy as well and there are some generic bully characters that could have been removed from the movie entirely.

8/10.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Russ on Dec 21, 2018, 08:12:00 PM
Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Dec 21, 2018, 04:39:49 PM

Yeah, but how did the egg get on the Sulacco. .. ...

Haven't you heard? Bishop did it.  ;D

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 21, 2018, 04:36:53 PM
The Predator - Blu-ray

I was lashing out. I'm grieving. It's a process.

The Old One

The Old One

This is rumor control here are the facts:

There was no "Egg on the Sulaco" whatsoever.

Prez

Prez

The Two Towers (Extended Edition). This film always felt like the `bit in between' when I originally saw it and even on the extended edition as well. Having now watched it for the first time in probably a decade I can appreciate it far more - that battle of Helms Deep is still wonderfully shot and orchestrated. Now onto ROTK EE.

First 40 mins of Bird Box. Hmmm. Parts of it feels like a cheap made for TV movie but Bullock is in fine form. Still not sure where this one is gonna go for me.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

The Predator....what can I say that hasn't already been said? Fugitive escape part is good, everything else not so much.

The first parts of the film before the escape isn't too bad but could have been better paced and set up. Don't like the worm hole part though as it shows too much of what predator tech can do and more importantly its probably something that can't happen no matter how technologically advanced we get, thus its more like magic than science.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Aquaman

I had a lot of fun with this. Dolph Lundgren rides a giant seahorse into battle, it gets awesome points on that alone.

Huggs

Huggs

Watched The Predator again.

A tiny bit better than my first viewing. Maybe one-half of 1%.

I don't think anything can save this movie for me. I'll try again next week, but I don't think it will help.

Prez

Prez

Finished of Bird Box.

Mmmm. Some genuinely good parts and strong performances (Bullock is brilliant) but they missed out on something special with this one.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Christmas Evil (1980)
Another jolly movie for perhaps the most horrible time of the year.

Mid90s (2018)
Coming-of-age comedy-drama film written and directed by Jonah Hill. Bit similar to a light version of Kids but not as good and not as gripping.
Btw, Hill deserves a slap for releasing his movie in small screen and with shitty colouring. Yeah, we get it, it's set in that era but it was totally unnecessary and annoying.

Hell Fest (2018)
Average slasher. Couldn't be bothered with finishing it.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Run All Night
An enjoyable Liam Neeson Action Thriller. Cliched but enjoyable

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me and The Missing Pieces

An interesting watch, and it was great getting to know Laura and Leland a bit better. Some of the added stuff gave me some very different impressions of the shows characters, especially Donna. And f**k, this had some of the creepiest shit in it so far. Like, the f**k was that face near the end? :o

As for the missing pieces, some of the deleted Bobby stuff would have been better off in the actual movie, and the nice and normal dinner scene with the Palmers would have worked great in contrast with the craziness we know is coming. Other stuff... I can see why things like the Twin Peaks police and the lumber mill scene were cut, and I can really see why they cut that goofy fist fight Desmond has with the sheriff. :laugh:

Huggs

Huggs

The Predator - Bluray

3rd time. My cousin wanted to watch it, so we did. He liked some of the humor, but felt it was a really weak film overall. The film didn't improve for me with this viewing. I'm going to try one more time, probably next week. If it doesn't improve at all, I won't be watching it again for a long, long time. It's just so slow, and the locations are so boring. McKenna's house and the farm, the neighborhood etc, it just drags on forever. The only location in the film that I find even remotely interesting is the forest they all flee into. What a stinker.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed