Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 843,704 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Prez on Jun 25, 2018, 12:53:48 PMBut f**k the end theme music on the Special Editions.... long live the original Ewok victory song!

Lol. Fair.

I actually much prefer the newer ending thoguh (minus Christensen's creepy-as-f*ck ghost, which neither makes sense nor looks even remotely friendly) simply because my main man Wedge gets a little moment of celebration at the party :)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Eh, Lucas made the dumb musical number in Jabba's palace worse, but he balanced it by taking a dumb Ewok song away. Of course there's also the fact you can hear Jar Jar screaming "WEESA FREE!" during the planet montage...

Prez

Prez

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 25, 2018, 07:37:18 PM
Eh, Lucas made the dumb musical number in Jabba's palace worse, but he balanced it by taking a dumb Ewok song away. Of course there's also the fact you can hear Jar Jar screaming "WEESA FREE!" during the planet montage...

Not half as bad as Obi-Wan's updated dragon call in ANH. Seriously I still don't understand what the hell the sound engineers were thinking on that one.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Prez on Jun 26, 2018, 01:42:37 AM

Not half as bad as Obi-Wan's updated dragon call in ANH. Seriously I still don't understand what the hell the sound engineers were thinking on that one.

Which one? I think he changed it with every release.

The Old One

The Old One

2011 release is the worst one, I thought that the 2004 rendition was an improvement honestly.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 26, 2018, 01:46:23 AM
Quote from: Prez on Jun 26, 2018, 01:42:37 AM

Which one? I think he changed it with every release.

Last reiteration where it sounded like someone was screaming into a toilet bowl, recorded it and then decided to play it backwards with heaps of reverb ;-)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I looked up a comparison video. Woooow. :laugh:

Huggs

Huggs

Open Range.

Still the best modern western to date. The cinematography is just exceptional. And Duvall is just in full-blown Duvall mode. Straight up killin' it. Well written, well shot, well acted. A quality film.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Sicario
Finally got to see this, just I time for when the sequel comes out. A great film. Another slowburn, but again the story needs it and the fact it was directed by Denis Villenuve makes sense

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Loved the first one. Such a welcome change from the constant barrage of CGI action-fests.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I remember being pleasantly surprised when Bernthal popped up in the first one. I'll have to rewatch that before I see the sequel. I just wish they had stuck with calling it Soldado instead of the awkward one they stuck it with.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Isn't it subtitled Day of the Soldado in the US? Strangely it seems to be subtitled simply Soldado here in the UK.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 26, 2018, 07:50:37 PM
Isn't it subtitled Day of the Soldado in the US? Strangely it seems to be subtitled simply Soldado here in the UK.

Yeah, they're calling it Sicario: Day of the Soldado. The script was just called Soldado.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 26, 2018, 07:58:21 PMYeah, they're calling it Sicario: Day of the Soldado. The script was just called Soldado.

Yeah, it's Sicario 2: Soldado here, which is better, but still not as good as just Soldado.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Sushi Girl

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed