Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 843,359 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 13, 2018, 07:51:36 PM
Crying Freeman

Shame this doesn't have an official US release. It's crazy stylized, and has Mark Dacascos shooting, stabbing, and kicking people to death.

Never even heard of this. I'll have to check it out. At first I thought (me being me) it was a documentary about Morgan stubbing his toe or something. But how would that play out over a full length feature film? Morgan Freeman travels the world in search of sorrow. "Experience the raw emotion as one of the finest actors in the history of cinema drops his sandwich, leaves the water running, sees his favorite light bulb go out, and the Nasdaq takes a dive."

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Creep (2014) - Bit of a crazy film this.

QuoteWhen a videographer answers an advert of the website Craigslist for a one-day job in a remote mountain town to video the last messages of a dying man. The job takes a strange turn when the last messages get darker and darker. The videographer continues to see the job through, but when it is time to leave he is unable to find his keys, and when he receives a strange phone call he finds his client is not at all what he initially seemed to be.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Mar 14, 2018, 10:16:43 PM
Creep (2014) - Bit of a crazy film this.

QuoteWhen a videographer answers an advert of the website Craigslist for a one-day job in a remote mountain town to video the last messages of a dying man. The job takes a strange turn when the last messages get darker and darker. The videographer continues to see the job through, but when it is time to leave he is unable to find his keys, and when he receives a strange phone call he finds his client is not at all what he initially seemed to be.

Part 2 is better. And weirder. Except they show early on who he actually is. It sorta ruins the ambiguity if you haven't seen the first.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Mar 15, 2018, 03:13:58 AM
Part 2 is better. And weirder. Except they show early on who he actually is. It sorta ruins the ambiguity if you haven't seen the first.

Going to watch the second film later on.  I believe there's going to be a third film too.

Ravenous - French viral outbreak movie on Netflix.  I thought it was brilliant.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: D88M on Mar 14, 2018, 08:27:50 PM
Black Panther:

This movie automatically gets more points for not being a brainless, senseless comedy, and after not one, not two, but THREE shitty mcu movies 2017 (and the mcu quality bar is not even high) this feels like a breath of fresh air. It is mature and serious like the mcu when it started.

The artistic design is great, the casting is great, and is a decent movie all around.

There still lots of forced jokes, but in this movie is at a minimum, it also has bland action scenes with unfinished CGI, and not enough Andy Serkis, and no rhtythm, but that is it. Lot of hyperbolic bullshit reviews though, the villain is generic, and so is the music, unlike what i heard.

Either way, is a good movie that left me satisfied which has not happened to me with a mcu movie in a long time, they can still correct course and give us good Marvel movies, and this is a great step in that direction.

^ I concur ... especially the bit about the MCU of 2017 being not that great. Black Panther was a breath of fresh air indeed.

Annihilation

What a trip. Garland is becoming quite good (understatement) at the slow burn tension cerebral sci-fi genre.

TheRaven

TheRaven

watched ALIEN again (directors cut) because I felt nostalgic, good as always c:

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: TheRaven on Mar 15, 2018, 04:48:20 PM

Excellent choice ;D  I feel that way about the theatrical version.

"The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo Trilogy" (dubbed )  * * * * * 5 Stars!  Noomi was amazing!

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: TheRaven on Mar 15, 2018, 04:48:20 PM

You can never see Alien too many times.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

The Sons of Katie Elder
Great film. Its weird seeing a young Dennis Hopper going against John Wayne

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Tomb Raider (2018)

This was pretty decent and fairly watchable. Vikander carries things pretty well, and Goggins is fun as a gun toting lunatic. Some things could have been executed a tad better, and I'm not sure how I feel about them

Spoiler
dumping the supernatural aspects of Himiko in favor of stealing the plot twist from the first Uncharted game.
[close]

It's still not too bad of a film, all things considered.

Justice League: War

So the live action people just looked at this for their JL movie, apparently. Jury is out on which one is worse. :laugh:

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

The Thing

Easy in my top 3 sci if movies ever.

12/10

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Dodgeball
Hadnt actually watched this in years for a variety of reasons. Still a great film. That Lance Armstrong Cameo though lol

Russ

Russ

Kickboxer: Retaliation.

Well that was f**king awesome. The final fight against Hapthor Bjornson was one of the best I've seen - it was hard core, original, bone crunching stuff.

Though to be fair, a movie featuring Jean Claude Van Damme, Christopher Lambert, Mike Tyson AND Rhonaldinio (I shit you not) would have to try really hard to fail.

The first movie was really good too... sneer if you like, but "Kickboxer" is really good example of how to reboot a franchise - paying dues to the much-loved classic but doing its own thing too.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Mad Max (1979) - most people say Mad Max 2 (aka The Road Warrior) is their favourite, but mine is the original.  MM2/RW is very close, though. 

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Fantastic Four - The Recent One
Now I really enjoyed this....to begin with. When it was what Josh Trank intended it had its tone just right and it flowed. Then we get to the One Year Later jump, which is pretty much where the studio stepped in and ballsed it all up. Its all reshoots bar one small scene from this point on and the tone just changes. And you can tell where the reshoots are by Kate Mara's Bright Blonde wig. This actually had a chance of being great, but the studios couldn't help themselves. I really want to see the second half of Trank's original version now

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed