Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 843,114 times)

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: KiramidHead on Dec 17, 2017, 03:48:17 AM
Minority Report

Cruise teaches his kid how to run. Heh.

:'( I love that movie so much, i thought it was a great performance by Cruise and great directing from Spielberg

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Dec 17, 2017, 01:02:42 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Dec 17, 2017, 03:48:17 AM
Minority Report

Cruise teaches his kid how to run. Heh.

:'( I love that movie so much, i thought it was a great performance by Cruise and great directing from Spielberg

Yep, it's very good.

Prez

Prez

IT (2017). Damn great!!!

Russ

Russ

Life.

Way to go, that was great! Loved it.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

The Good Dinosaur
I think Im all caught up with Pixar movies now. Not counting Planes 1 and 2 and Cars 3 lol

Lost World: Jurassic Park
Hadnt seen this in ages and its a lot better than I remember. Although there were problems near the end, when they changed the ending and also they've never revealed what Killed the crew of the Venture. The ultimate Butterfly Effect movie

Office Christmas Party
Still absolutely brilliant. Best use of a Dio song since Pick of Destiny

Star Wars: The Last Jedi
I can see why some people love this film and others hate it. Its so not what your expected, but also perfect for it. There was some things I did hate about the fim. which I wont go into because spoilers this early in its release. But there is more to it that I loved. and I agree some scenes will be iconic in the saga

Thor
Again hadn't seen this in awhile. Its so much fun. Wish Brannagh would come back and and Direct another Marvel film

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Dec 18, 2017, 12:25:16 PMLost World: Jurassic Park
Hadnt seen this in ages and its a lot better than I remember. Although there were problems near the end, when they changed the ending and also they've never revealed what Killed the crew of the Venture. The ultimate Butterfly Effect movie

That remains the only other Jurassic Park movie (after the original) that I like. I never really got all the hate for the ending - sure, the crew being dead is glaringly unexplained, but at the very least they still portray the T-rex as a wild animal in the city, instead of the silly movie monster fights we got in World. And taking the best supporting character from the first film and making him the star was a great move; Goldblum is fantastic once again in the role and I like how his character has so obviously changed following the events of the first movie - something that didn't really happen with Grant in III.

Also Postlethwaite is bloody amazing as the Great White Hunter ;D

I think it's leagues above any of the entries they've made since.

Gravity was on TV last night so I gave it another watch. It loses some of its glorious marvel on a repeat viewing, but it's still an exceptionally solid sci-fi film.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 18, 2017, 02:56:36 PM

That remains the only other Jurassic Park movie (after the original) that I like. I never really got all the hate for the ending - sure, the crew being dead is glaringly unexplained, but at the very least they still portray the T-rex as a wild animal in the city, instead of the silly movie monster fights we got in World. And taking the best supporting character from the first film and making him the star was a great move; Goldblum is fantastic once again in the role and I like how his character has so obviously changed following the events of the first movie - something that didn't really happen with Grant in III.

Gravity was on TV last night so I gave it another watch. It loses some of its glorious marvel on a repeat viewing, but it's still an exceptionally solid sci-fi film.

Yeah Tembo was one of the best things of the movie ! And the city havoc scene was great, good editing and visual effects, well directed !

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

I think its just the lead in from the island to the San Diego stuff. Originally I think they had a Pteradon attacked planned on survivors of the Raptor field attack. The Raptors would go after Malcolm and co as usual while Pteradons appear. Also Hammond I think was meant to have a Heart Attack during the T-Rex attack on the Truck, because he was in constant communication with the Team. The gap in the middle between the island and San Diego would have been his Funeral, which would have eased the time jump and the disappearance of some of the characters.

But I agree Postlethwaite was awesome as Tembo. The most spot on of the other Team. Glad they kept him alive rather than killed him like in the comic adaptation

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Dec 19, 2017, 12:40:04 PM

I think its just the lead in from the island to the San Diego stuff. Originally I think they had a Pteradon attacked planned on survivors of the Raptor field attack. The Raptors would go after Malcolm and co as usual while Pteradons appear. Also Hammond I think was meant to have a Heart Attack during the T-Rex attack on the Truck, because he was in constant communication with the Team. The gap in the middle between the island and San Diego would have been his Funeral, which would have eased the time jump and the disappearance of some of the characters.

But I agree Postlethwaite was awesome as Tembo. The most spot on of the other Team. Glad they kept him alive rather than killed him like in the comic adaptation

Yeah they did the opposite of the first movie where they killed the hunter who lived in the book (he was such a badass in the book !)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I'd like Lost World a lot more if it wasn't so preachy, and didn't suffer from a bad case of designated heroes. Tembo was and is the best part, though.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Dec 19, 2017, 12:40:04 PMI think its just the lead in from the island to the San Diego stuff. Originally I think they had a Pteradon attacked planned on survivors of the Raptor field attack. The Raptors would go after Malcolm and co as usual while Pteradons appear. Also Hammond I think was meant to have a Heart Attack during the T-Rex attack on the Truck, because he was in constant communication with the Team. The gap in the middle between the island and San Diego would have been his Funeral, which would have eased the time jump and the disappearance of some of the characters.

I knew about the Pteradon attack, but those other cut scenes/alterations are news to me!

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Dec 19, 2017, 03:19:39 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Dec 19, 2017, 12:40:04 PM

Yeah they did the opposite of the first movie where they killed the hunter who lived in the book (he was such a badass in the book !)

Thats right, doesn't he climb into something to hide in the book?

Quote from: KiramidHead on Dec 19, 2017, 04:51:15 PM
I'd like Lost World a lot more if it wasn't so preachy, and didn't suffer from a bad case of designated heroes. Tembo was and is the best part, though.

Agreed.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 19, 2017, 04:59:44 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Dec 19, 2017, 12:40:04 PMI think its just the lead in from the island to the San Diego stuff. Originally I think they had a Pteradon attacked planned on survivors of the Raptor field attack. The Raptors would go after Malcolm and co as usual while Pteradons appear. Also Hammond I think was meant to have a Heart Attack during the T-Rex attack on the Truck, because he was in constant communication with the Team. The gap in the middle between the island and San Diego would have been his Funeral, which would have eased the time jump and the disappearance of some of the characters.

I knew about the Pteradon attack, but those other cut scenes/alterations are news to me!

Yeah I found a channel on Youtube that's talked about all this Jurassic Park stuff. That's how I found out about it

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Muldoon shoves his ass down a pipe to get away in the book... leaving Wu to die, if I recall correctly.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Beyond Skyline (2017)
Tried to finish it but I just couldn't care about anyone or anything.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: KiramidHead on Dec 20, 2017, 03:21:34 PM
Muldoon shoves his ass down a pipe to get away in the book... leaving Wu to die, if I recall correctly.

Yes but he took down the t rex  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed