Prometheus TV Spots (TV Spot #3 Added)

Started by Shasvre, Mar 19, 2012, 06:36:54 PM

Author
Prometheus TV Spots (TV Spot #3 Added) (Read 81,171 times)

Ra3D

Ra3D

Sarcophagus-es made a hole in

Eva

Eva

Quote from: pen2paper on Mar 23, 2012, 08:57:33 PM
Similar red displays..?  :)

Here's another visual throwback to Alien in the new footage.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

That is such an excellent comparison it made my brain explode.

Effectz

Effectz

Quote from: Eva on Mar 24, 2012, 06:22:14 PM
Quote from: pen2paper on Mar 23, 2012, 08:57:33 PM
Similar red displays..?  :)

http://oi39.tinypic.com/35mpkzq.jpg

You have a keen eye Eva.

Bad Replicant

Bad Replicant

Quote from: Eva on Mar 24, 2012, 06:22:14 PM

http://oi39.tinypic.com/35mpkzq.jpg
Exactly what popped into my mind when I first saw the image. I do wonder if it was intentional, though.

aliennaire

aliennaire

Quote from: DendaReloaded on Mar 24, 2012, 01:26:57 PM
another shot of the derelict form the tv spot 2... different angle, the derelict needs time to rotate to the "to-us-known" positon, but the explosion is different, and there is more debirs thown out, the smoke-lines (?) are more and longer
That exactly still cast doubts to my head, that human starship gets to the Derelict from its "port" side, but
Quote from: Eva on Mar 24, 2012, 01:15:21 PM
I think the explosion is Prometheus totally disintegrating, while the engineer ship mostly gets pushed downwards by the shockwave. It looks like it has caught on fire though where the impact occured, just over the entrances:

http://oi39.tinypic.com/33uq14o.jpg
On Eva's picture you can clearly espy the column of dark smog rising up from the central part of the Derelict, which points out the true spot of impact. That impact literally nailed the Derelict down to the ground, and on these pics it's already falling.

slyrfn01

slyrfn01

Did anyone else notice that when Shaw goes down in front of where David and the older gentleman are sitting all the blood on her persons has been....well, digitized off?

thetias

thetias

Quote from: Ra3D on Mar 24, 2012, 04:32:21 PM
Sarcophagus-es made a hole in

Looks like the one on the left does not have a hole in it.

fakk3

fakk3

Why Ridley?! Why?!  :'( :'( :'(  I miss this classic creepy space jockey... ehhh

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

I miss him too, fakk3.  :'(

szkoki

szkoki

ofcourse its scarier...every corpse looks much scarier than the living version  ;D

Valaquen

Gash

Gash

Quote from: slyrfn01 on Mar 24, 2012, 09:12:13 PM
Did anyone else notice that when Shaw goes down in front of where David and the older gentleman are sitting all the blood on her persons has been....well, digitized off?

Ridley said he'd covered his back by shooting different versions for consideration upon rating. Hopefully, rather than the blood having been digitally removed, this is just the softer version being used because it's a TV spot.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Her blood is also colored completely different in the trailers: red in the UK trailer, green in the US.
If we get a PG-13 cut while the rest of the world gets an uncut version, I will be pissed. >:(

Gunflyer

Gunflyer

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 25, 2012, 01:38:45 AM
Her blood is also colored completely different in the trailers: red in the UK trailer, green in the US.
If we get a PG-13 cut while the rest of the world gets an uncut version, I will be pissed. >:(
The rating thing is always a huge hot button. The only thing I like to say to fans of Alien is that hey... remember how Requiem had a shitload of blood and gore and the consequential R-rating didn't make that movie ANY better than its predecessor... in my opinion anyway. So if Prometheus IS PG-13, it's not going to hurt the artistic vision of the film. Hell, by today's standards, the blood and gore in Aliens is pretty PG-13 IMHO, and there's actually relatively very little gore in the original Alien.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed