Alien Covenant (PROLOGUE:THE CROSSING) Footage Clip!!(Spoilers Beware!!)

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Apr 26, 2017, 05:59:27 PM

The Alien Covenant Footage what did you think??

Awesome!!!
143 (94.1%)
Meh!!
9 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 152

Author
Alien Covenant (PROLOGUE:THE CROSSING) Footage Clip!!(Spoilers Beware!!) (Read 71,127 times)

rabidranger

Maybe David's arrival isn't coincidental? By learning their ways could there be some kind of significance to the gathering of Engineers? Aztecs waiting for the conquistadors type of thing?

Synyster

Why does David go mad? A human just saved his life. He says because he was alone again. So loneliness drive him mad?

Valaquen

Noticed this: David's sketch of Shaw and a sketch of Ron Shusett on the set of ALIEN by Dan O'Bannon. Similarity?

Spoiler

[close]

Robopadna

Quote from: kwisatz on Apr 26, 2017, 07:24:33 PM
Look where the Juggernaut docks theres a platform withstanding a the end of the Scorpionaut. There might not even be a free field of fire straight from the Juggernaut to the plaza. Maybe thats where the Scorpionaut "sucks" the urns in or weaponises them in another way.

All I can say is we have literally seen this scene.  The scorpion plays no role but to dock the ship (and why wouldn't they have a way of docking a ship?  They need to make sure it's clear of pathogens, especially because it's coming from a 2000 year old bio weapons planet).  The urns drop straight out of the juggernaut and down.  Anything you think is in the way is just a matter of viewing perspective.  They simply fall right out.

DorkiDori

They damn well better not have!!! I have a show that night!!!

But then again, Im going to the first showing at either 7pm or 12:01am... soooo yeah hahah

Zak

Love the dark foreboding atmosphere in this clip.

I also love davids voice during the head refitting, it is eerily similar to the effect used for that of Ash when he meets his end in Alien.

I also loved the inclusion of the original Alien soundtrack during that scene.

Impressed!

Robopadna

Quote from: DorkiDori on Apr 26, 2017, 07:30:56 PM
They damn well better not have!!! I have a show that night!!!

But then again, Im going to the first showing at either 7pm or 12:01am... soooo yeah hahah

Not have what?

SpeedyMaxx

For the record I also suspect this was filmed by Luke Scott, and may not be in the final film. Which I think is a mistake (though I am also not a fan of the Alien franchise suddenly instituting flashback sequences). It wouldn't surprise me if David's voice-over is from the film though.

Stolen

Robopadna

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 26, 2017, 07:36:31 PM
For the record I also suspect this was filmed by Luke Scott, and may not be in the final film. Which I think is a mistake (though I am also not a fan of the Alien franchise suddenly instituting flashback sequences). It wouldn't surprise me if David's voice-over is from the film though.

From the ship coming out of space and on is in the film.  We have seen it in multiple trailers and the level of effects are far too expensive to justify not putting it in. This scene has also been described by multiple people who saw the film already.

Now the earlier parts with Shaw and the entire voice over may very well not be.

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: Robopadna on Apr 26, 2017, 07:38:11 PM
Now the earlier parts with Shaw and the entire voice over may very well not be.

Yes, that's what I meant. The Engineer genocide sequence is definitely in. I think David's V.O. about her may be as well, and that it was simply spliced into this.

Infected

Quote from: Synyster on Apr 26, 2017, 07:26:17 PM
Why does David go mad? A human just saved his life. He says because he was alone again. So loneliness drive him mad?
He is like that religious terrorist, you can put him in old folks homeses and let him do charity and work with sick people, but in the end of the day when he is home alone, he crawls back into that dark place and thinks to himself, the infidels must die, i am right and you are all wrong.

(with all due respect to the religious people on this site)

But i have a question for the people who keep saying "the ship docks with the scorpion" where do you guys and girls get that idea?

Stolen

The last shot is so intense. David, the urns, the citadel...

fernandito

Ok it was entertaining to watch. However, the questions rose by the end of Prometheus regarding how the hell did they manage to take off and control a Derelict ship, have ended up being "answered" sorta this way:

- They manage to make it for another temple and take another Derelict ship - check
- They take off without using the chair - LeLz
- They navigate space without a pilot in the chair - LeLz
- Shaw patches David's head up back to Its body - check
- They walk around the ship in the middle of space as If they were at home - LeLz
- Shaw is still happy as she will finally be able to visit their creators, and all that after what happened with the engineer boy in the movie - LeLz
- Shaw is put to cryosleep without a pressure suit, when It's clearly requiered for the wires to plug in across your body as we saw in Prometheus - LeLz
- The very cryosleep chamber is now smaller or resized in order to make Shaw to not look as the dwarf she is, giving the impression she even fits it well - LeLz
- It's about to rain LeLz on them engineer boyz - check
- So many laughs after watching this prologue and finding out that Scott has been eventually unable to explain all these questions regarding how the hell they did manage to take off and control the ship, as we could not have it any other way tbh - check

Ok. Now roll on May

Ingwar

OMG! I cannot wait to see this movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed